Anyone pregnant & has toddler(s)

I have a 3yr old and 4yr old and I feel you 100%. I work full times as an nurse and then am home with my kids the rest of the time, until they start back to full time day care next month. This may sound terrible, but the most stressful days at work don't compare to what it's like being home with my kids all day. My job is physically demanding too, but I get moments to sit, got to the bathroom by myself, even eat by myself, there's not constant screaming, fighting, etc. I'm switching to day shift here soon and can't wait. I love my kiddos, but they can push me like nothing else can and wear me out like nothing else can. It's a different kind of stress and exhaustion, if that makes sense. When they're in day care is when I'm the best mom. For me it's quality over quantity. For some that's not the case though.

my 2 year old is the same, testing me at everything but she's perfect for her daddy.

I had PND with her too for first 5 months but that followed years of dealing with depression so I kinda expected it, i also expect it this time round. I want the anti depressants ready for when i've popped!!

It's so much harder this time around, when before I could relax/ nap when I wanted.
That being said, having a toddler does seem to make the pregnancy go quicker!

Yes my 17 month old is testing at the moment. He hits, throws, has tantrums and is generally hard work. I have spd and am soo tired at the moment.
Dread to think what it will be like with a newborn :dohh:

He is better behaved at home but if I take him out and he's with other children, he's not good. I want people to see my cute loving boy how he behaves at home!

yeah, i slept most of my pregnancy with Kai. Theres no naps now and not alot of sleep at night either. He still ddesnt sleep through.
Im at college full time doing painting and decorating haha. constantly on my feet 9-4:30. then i have to pick him up from creche then the hour bus ride home then cook, bathe and get to bed.

It's so much harder this time around, when before I could relax/ nap when I wanted.
That being said, having a toddler does seem to make the pregnancy go quicker!

This is exactly how I feel. I feel so tiered all the time and don't get much sleep but at the same time when you have a toddler there is no time to relax so the time goes quicker. I also think that sometimes things that seem like hard work in the first pregnancy you just get on with the second plus time around because you know that pregnancy is nowhere near as hard as actually having a kids!

But I am much more achy this time. I feel achy and weak all the time.

yeah this pregnancy is alot different from my first
i had no MS, weight gain, increased appitite, achea or pains
this one ive been slapped with everything.
migraines. back ache. eating for everyone in the world. MS/Nausea for the first 8 or so weeks. gained 11lbs so far. gone from size 8 to a 12.

My "toddler" is only 13 months old... so his "toddlerhood" is just beginning. His tantrums are almost non-existent, unless he's sleepy and wants to be held. He's VERY hyper and curious, though. Always getting into things... And I stay at home with him and don't let him watch TV, so I'm his entertainment all day, every day. I'm aaaaaalways running around with him, cleaning up after him, and trying to teach him and help him enjoy life.

So YES. I'M POOPED!!! lol.. And my postpartum depression meshed with prenatal depression, so I'm all sorts of fun in that department too. ;)

me too dd is 13months old and crawling, i have a puppy bichon frise who is 5 months old and i have to watch her with dd as dd is abit aggressive towards the dog, its hard work plus when she has her temper tantrums when she cant have her own way, plus i work full time too i feel like i never rest x

yeah this pregnancy is alot different from my first
i had no MS, weight gain, increased appitite, achea or pains
this one ive been slapped with everything.
migraines. back ache. eating for everyone in the world. MS/Nausea for the first 8 or so weeks. gained 11lbs so far. gone from size 8 to a 12.

try not to worry about the weight, i'm the same, eating for england. put on 17lbs so far, it all came on quick but slowed in the past few weeks.

the weight gain is good! i love it.
im usually really underweight and have really low BMI
the docs tested me for alot of stuff to see if there was a problem beings as i couldnt gain weight. I am 5ft 8 and WAS stuck at 8st. The more i tryed to gain the more i lost.
so i was like a lampost. no curves. hardly a chest. no bum.
but now i just feel more womanly. i dont feel like a child anymore its fab!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->