Anyone seen one of the links promoted on the homepage yet?

NoodleSnack

Reaction score
I'm just going to quickly run for cover. :argh:

https://www.momtastic.com/parenting/448139-report-feeding-method-helps-newborns-sleep-through-night/

I call bullshit. My LO fed hourly through the day but 3/4 hourly at night and was sleeping through by six months. If anything I think making a baby go four hours between feeds during the day would make them more likely to need milk at night to top up!!

Also, how does one go about making a newborn wait four hours for a feed?!

That is just awful! And anyway, most newborns sleep for longer periods after a couple of weeks without any interventions. Poor little things having this done to them!

What always strikes me is that it's their FLUID too. It's not just the calories.

I definitely drink more than once every four hours, even if it's just a few sips of tea. I can't imagine being thirsty and made to wait hours for a drink, let alone as a newborn :shrug:

I've never understood why people have babies and expect them to fit in to their routine. It's mad! Yes sleep deprivation is damn hard but that's just cruel. Babies need fed so they can grow and be healthy. It's borderline cruelty making a lovely little baby wait to be fed. Xxx

I was thinking that too...babies cry not only for milk if theyre hungry, but if theyre thirsty....making them wait just cause for a schedule is cruel imo...

How awful. I can't believe they would promote such a thing, being doctors. And who expects to get a lot of sleep with a newborn, anyway? I wouldn't have tried their method if it had a 100% success rate!

"[...] who sought help after a week of sleepless nights." A WHOLE WEEK? :rofl:

This is so ridiculous.

"Don't just go in there! Let him cry! That newborn!!! He's trying to manipulate us!!!!" :dohh:

Sounds like advice straight from the 1950's. Wow...

So do they suggest you just listen to your baby cry in hunger as you stretch out the time between feeds? Ugh, sounds awful! My bub was up every 2 hours last night but i would never delay feeding him when he is hungry during the day 😐

Wow......! Ummm I am lost for words! Seriously what do people expect when they have a baby, of course there will be sleepless nights, but in time they pass without subjecting the poor little thing to this stressful experience. Awful!

And if course you're much more likely to sleep with a hungry baby screaming the house down than a well fed baby.

I'm really shocked the owner allows such tripe on their website.

A great idea would be asking mums here to write honestly about their experiences and maybe give some of their own advice on what worked and what didn't work.

I'm in danger of getting lynched here but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have been trying to stretch out my little mans feeds, not to help him sleep at night but because frankly it's easier for me. I do give him water between feeds though in case he is thirsty. I've found that if he is truly hungry no amount of distraction will stop the crying however I'd say 75% of the time he will fuss after 3 hours and I stretch it to 3.5 hours. I'm not starving my baby, his growth is spot on and he is the most smiley baby I know. What's right for one person isn't right for another ladies.

I couldn't believe they only went a week and couldn't cope! Its just standard that you get little sleep in the beginning, I can't believe anyone would make a newborn wait for feeding??? Madness. Luckily my youngest was sleeping 7 hours a night by seven weeks but that was because he was ready to not because it was forced, that method is awful xxxx

This was standard advice not that long ago, my mum swears both my brother and I were fed 4 hourly from birth (we're 26 and 23) completely BF believe it or not, I sometimes wonder if she's exaggerating but she swears blind, she said if we cried we were left in our cots lol.......her sister was a MW support worker (not sure what that is exactly, she's not a qualified MW but could do a lot of the routine stuff like bloods etc, attended home births) and apparently she was a routine nazi and made my mum do it...! They are lovely people honest but yeah not a chance in hell would my mum let me do that to my boys, and I bet my aunt wouldn't recommend it when she becomes a grandma next month, although she works in the field so knows the importance of feeding on demand etc as the times have changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->