Anyone shopped online at Baby time London?

I have just spoken with Ian Scott at trading standards and he has logged my complaint with them. He did inform me that they are actively contacting and attempting to work this out with Satish. I have finally passed the 30 day mark so have phoned Barclays's today to start the chargeback process. I paid via debit card but they seem to be positive when I speak to them. Mr Scott said that if they contact Satish they will request refunds on our behalf. Apparently the month of the leak was January. It wasnt a flood only a minor leak and very little stock was damaged. I would say wait the required days before starting a chargeback, report them to every place you can and hopefully they will be taken down. Mr Scott also told me that another government agency..(can't remember the name due to preggo brain) are now involved and considering a fraud investigation. Thankfully no one has been able to order from them for the last 2 weeks!!

Just letting you know that I have finally got my money back - I started my chargeback process from the 5th of February...filled in the necessary forms and submitted all evidence and yesterday, I had received a full refund. According to Barclays, it is still just a TEMPORARY REFUND because the "investigation is taking longer than expected and could take upto 6 weeks" so they just gave me the money to hold on to for the time being lol. I'm pretty sure I'll received a letter in 6 weeks saying I can keep the money because they have discovered that Satish is a lying scumbag.

Things are looking up, so those who have started the chargeback processes on their debit cards...keep your hopes high, and call every so often to get an update on the investigation.

Hello, gosh Im normally so careful but I too have been caught out by this evil evil excuse for man!! I paid £114 for a maxi cosi base & raincover on 14th Feb. I also got the 'standard' email reply from him or the website company but decided after 42days enough is enough, my baby is due in 8weeks & I need this product so sooner I get a refund (hopefully!) sooner I can order another from halfords or somewhere reputable! Im with Santander & it was visa debit but the woman sounded confident that if I provided details of emails etc & filled a disclamer out they would reverse the transaction. I'll keep you posted. How does this man sleep at night I wanna kill him!

Hi,

My order number is 1945/300111/17, which was placed at the end of January 2011. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant and really need the items delivered. The website states that they are in stock and now also show a lower price than what I have initially paid. All I want is for the order to be dispatched to me or refund given. However, this will need to happen fast, as I am running out of patience (hormones are not helping either). Please babytimelondo, can you let me know what is happening with my order and assist?

Hi,

I am an executive from babytime.
Sorry for the trouble you have undergone.
If there is a problem with your order I will sort it on the spot. Please post it here.
We are a small business and try to provide as much possible customer service as possible.
But unfortunately our servers were down and we are not able to respond some of the emails to the customers.
We never want to play with customers. We try to do our best and try to give you the best price. but sometimes we were let down by our suppliers.
Our motto is to provide the best price (we are working on £10 to 15 margin) and best service.
We are having 1000s and 1000s of satisfied customers. I will be honest for your queries.
If you think there is problem with your order please post it and i promise that it will be sorted immediately

Thanks and regards,

Hi,

My order number is 1945/300111/17, which was placed at the end of January 2011. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant and really need the items delivered. The website states that they are in stock and now also show a lower price than what I have initially paid. All I want is for the order to be dispatched to me or refund given. However, this will need to happen fast, as I am running out of patience (hormones are not helping either). Please babytimelondo, can you let me know what is happening with my order and assist?

Sorry Lilith - Babytime appears to be in the process of going out of business.
The store is closed, and the basket facility has been deactivated on the website (by the website's payment software provider it seems).
The Office of Fair Trading are investigating and have had over 100 complaints.
A Facebook group has been setup also.

You would be best to start a chargeback claim through your bank. Have a scroll back through the last few pages of this thread for details.

just been on to the site as im currently doing a chargeback and noticed he has changed the wording on the front page from having a flood to a leak! BIT OF A DIFFERENCE! scummy man!

Hi

My name is Stacey and I am a new member and am expecting my first child. I also ordered an item from Babytime London at the beginning of February. Unfortunately my order was under £100 and so I used my debit card (if your order is over £100 and you pay by credit card then you have rights under the Consumer Credit Act I believe) The company debited my account straight away - 4 weeks later and no goods. I e-mailed the company and received a response saying that the goods would be dispatched shortly... middle of March and still nothing. I have since disputed the payment with my bank and they have said that they will try and claim the money back on my behalf, but it could go on for months! I have e-mailed Babytime but have not had a response. I'm totally disgusted with the company. I've ended up buying the goods from John Lewis (I wish I had used them in the first place).

For me the next stage is to report this to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct - if everyone that has had problems can do this then it may provoke Trading Standards to investigate the company. Consumer Direct can be contacted on 08454 040506 - Please, the more people that report this company the better! Don't trust them with your money.

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I put a claim in with the Halifax in March and received a temporary refund within a week. I've just been informed that they have recovered the money from the company and so the refund is mine and the case has been closed. Thank God..!

Please make sure you all report your cases to Ian Scott at Trading Standards - phone number a couple of posts back.

The Facebook group (Baby time london fraudsters do not buy off this company !!) reports that the owner applied and was made bankrupt in June

Brilliant result. Shame that not everyone got their money back though.

^Thats what the owner deserved!
Got what was coming to him/her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"