Anyone shopped online at Baby time London?

hi all well i put a dispute in with my bank (before 28 days of ordering) recieved the paperwork 19th feb and refund was in my bank today so not long the shop has definatley been shut with rumours about bankruptcy so i advice you all ring your banks to disputr the transaction mine was less than £100 they dont have a set amount you can claim all thats been paid just save any emails you have recieved or sent even the nasty ones and keep a copy of phone calls this is to send back to the bank a couple of quick questions to answer sign and send good luck all

What bank are you with? I am with Barclays and they made me wait 31 days from the date they took the money off me before I could start a dispute. It's been 9 days since I sent my paperwork in and still nothing...not even a letter from them to confirm that my dispute has started...:shrug: I sent it recorded delivery so I know that they got my signed form.

hi all well i put a dispute in with my bank (before 28 days of ordering) recieved the paperwork 19th feb and refund was in my bank today so not long the shop has definatley been shut with rumours about bankruptcy so i advice you all ring your banks to disputr the transaction mine was less than £100 they dont have a set amount you can claim all thats been paid just save any emails you have recieved or sent even the nasty ones and keep a copy of phone calls this is to send back to the bank a couple of quick questions to answer sign and send good luck all

What bank are you with? I am with Barclays and they made me wait 31 days from the date they took the money off me before I could start a dispute. It's been 9 days since I sent my paperwork in and still nothing...not even a letter from them to confirm that my dispute has started...:shrug: I sent it recorded delivery so I know that they got my signed form.

I take it you can't file a dispute with your bank after the money has already been taken from your account? if I was able to file a dispute how would i do that?

I take it you can't file a dispute with your bank after the money has already been taken from your account? if I was able to file a dispute how would i do that?

Actually you can.
I have included details on this post: https://www.babyandbump.com/reviews...ka-baby-time-london-aka-babytime-welling.html

Actually you can.
I have included details on this post: https://www.babyandbump.com/reviews...ka-baby-time-london-aka-babytime-welling.html

Yep, the money has already been taken out of my account which is why I have had to start a dispute. If they hadn't taken the money out, I would have gotten my card blocked and ordered another debit card. Filing a dispute might be different for each bank so it's best to ask them. I'm with Barclays and they made me wait 31 days from when the money left my account.

Oooo am so angry! I ordered a cosytoes/footmuff to keep my baby warm in pram an still not received over a month later! How can they possibly still be taking money online surely this is fraud! I'm defo also gettin on to watchdog and trading standards however I'm sure these will just open up under a different name! Will enter dispute with bank 2moro! xx

I too purchased a car seat on the 9th of Feb for £90. I emailed on the 12th asking if they could give me a lead time as I was wondering if they would know. A few days later I went to the site and saw the message about the flood so I decided to try and have patience. Only today did I finally think about doing a search for reviews and found loads of horrid ones! I am gutted! I am going to try a chargeback with my bank tomorrow. Hopefully we get the money back and lesson learned. I will also report them to watchdog and complain about the website still being up! Hopefully this creep gets found and gets what he deserves!!

I found this link on the google site and have reported the fact that BTL are still coming up as one of the top in a search. It gives lots of information about other ways to report a problem. Maybe this will help the site get taken down?

https://www.google.co.uk/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=9110

So my order was under £100 can I still e-mail them to cancel and go to my bank for a dispute? The link provided notes that the seller must refund within 30 days of cancelling, does this mean I can't dispute till 30 days after my e-mail or can I e-mail and go straight to my bank? I take it that is why there is a waiting period after disputing?

I'm so annoyed at them, I've had my baby 8 weeks early and if the stress of that isn't enough there's babytime scamming people, I would have been all ready for my little one and now I need to find her a new bouncer before she gets to come home.

BTL website is now closed! well done all who complained...i think we stopped them!

I reported it to trading standards, consumer direct, Which?, EKS systems (webhost), my bank etc etc!

my bank is waiting 30 days to see if i get the goods (ha ha).

fingers crossed i get some money back!

BTL website is now closed! well done all who complained...i think we stopped them!

Brilliant news!

Although I have noticed that Satish's other website that he used to run from the shop (IT Jack) is still working.

Wonder how long it will be until he creates a new website, and continues trading under another name? Afterall, Babytime Ltd was dissolved in 1998, and he seems to have been trading as Babytime London instead.

If anyone is unable to get money back from their bank (because their order was below £100), I would suggest calling Satish's mobile until he responds.

Good luck!

Thats great news! Hopefully he will be prosecuted for fraud and not be able to open another shop! I shall be phoning his mobile constantly!

Quick update for anyone who is in the process of starting up a dispute.

I am with Barclays and I sent in my dispute form on the 17th Feb and after calling them up, they said they only just managed to log it onto their systems today (28th Feb). Apparently if the company declares that they have gone into liquidation, I wont get my money back :nope:
Also, they said that if the company is UK based and still up and running, I should hopefully get my money back in the next 10 days or so. However, with the claims about the floods and the closing of the sight, I'm not too sure how long it would take or if I ever will get my money back.

Fingers crossed and if anyone is following this, hope this helps and will keep updating xx

So what is Satish's mobile nummber so I can phone him if my bank doesn't let me file a dispute?

Satish's number has been previously posted on here (07772445023), I do not rate anyone's chance of getting through, while i was waiting for my 28 days to pass before I could raise a dispute I could never get a answer, even after ringing every working hour for 3 days!!
I have since raised a dispute and received my refund, the shop appears to to closed, and fortunately the website has either been blocked and closed down.
See facebook group: baby time london fraudsters do not buy off this company !!

I reported it to trading standards, consumer direct, Which?, EKS systems (webhost), my bank etc etc!

my bank is waiting 30 days to see if i get the goods (ha ha).

fingers crossed i get some money back!

Very sorry to report, but it didn't last long, the website is back up & running!

Hi all

Just to let you know that i received an email from Babytime today at 14.50:

Information Regarding Your Recent Order

Hi,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused with the delay of your recent order.

Due to an earlier water leak at our warehouse, enormous quantities of stock is damaged, resulting in some minor delays. We try to fulfill all orders as soon as possible (We aim to fulfill all the orders within 28 working Days).

Your order is under process. Will be dispatched as soon as possible.

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Thanks and regards,

Baby Time.

35B Bellegrove Road,
Welling,
Kent,
DA16 3PB.

Anyway i don't believe a work of it and replied that i wanted my money back!!

Has anyone else received the same email???

haha I just recieved the exact same e-mail at 14.50 aswell and I've just checked the website is up and running again, I've been to my bank today to file the dispute anyway, just hope it comes through.

When I was at the bank the woman reccomended to me to get a credit card, now i know for some people that may not be such a good idea but for others who are good with their money it would be a good investment as she said it would provide protection for every single transaction made. So that's definately something I would cosider.

i too got the same message...however if you look back at post #185 he sent the same thing out a few weeks back.

along with reporting to watchdog and various other avenues i think it would be a good idea for everyone to report it to this website.

action fraud...
as i dont have 10 or more posts i not allowed to post a link

just sitting down to do it now. you are protected if you have a debit card as well its just a bit harder to get your money back. hope this helps...cant believe the website is still up and running!

have just finished filling out the action fraud report and now have a crime reference number!! they pass all the information to the police!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->