Anyone shopped online at Baby time London?

I have also received the exact same email today at 14.50 ???

I placed my order on the 1st Febuary for a quinny dreami carrycot £97 order number 2028/010211/71. I have sent emails and have also tried on numerous occasions to get through on the telephone.

I have replied to the email sent to me today requesting a full refund !!

I wont hold my breath . I also have paid on my debit card and I will be contacting my bank (were I work) I will keep you posted on any outcome.

I have read all the posts going back to last September this is dreadful and I cant believe they are still being allowed to take orders. Apparantley the website was shut down??

Do we really need to be going through all this s**t when we are meant to be enjoying our pregnancy/new arrivals !!!

Shame on you Baby time London.

Can't believe it! How on earth is the site up again when it was my understanding that he is being invesigated by the OFT? Does anyone know who the site host is or web company behind the site - I will be speaking to them on Monday as I consider them to be just as culpable now! This really needs to be escalated to the police now - though all the avenues are helpful ie watchdog, if we all phoned in/ visited with a case report to our local police stations, I am sure this would be escalated right up through Scotland Yard. The fact is that he has reopened the site, indicates clear intention to defraud! For those that paid by Debit Card, I would urge you, if you haven't already done so to cancel and reorder a new card with your bank -replacing the original 16 digit number and security code! He has these original details to hand when you placed your orfer! Good luck everyone and please keep the updates coming. PS I amuzingly also received the email this afternoon!

Babu Sateesh, if you are reading these posts, beware, it's just a matter of time now before the law catches up with you!

hii!!! i have been following this forum for a month now as this website messed me over too! £46 for my car seat on 6th feb!!! same old story:wacko:

am jus curious about what to do now as my 30 day period is coming up, so will contact my credit card. i received that e mail like everyone else and reported to watchdog and all that. (dont know how to report to oft) i noticed the post a few pages back about reporting fraud, i searched action fraud and found the website and was going to do the same, anything to stop this s o b from gettin money of vulnerable women, but stopped halfway through when thewebsite said they will try to fulfill orders,

should i hold out a bit longer?
or jus sort it out

thnx!!

order no: 21280602113

u should report him, he has sent that same email out a month ago and still no one has recieved their products so i would say dont wait any longer.

i have just filled in form on action fraud, sadly i didnt receive the email from babytime so im doubting even more that il receive the item! I hate this man!

Can't believe it. I received the email too.
Funny thing is that HSBC refunded me over 6 weeks ago. And Satish would have been stung with a £30 chargeback fee at the time. :haha:

So now I am wondering if Satish is smart enough to work out which orders are still due, and which aren't. Will I get a free carseat in the mail? :happydance:

Or is he just trying to appear like a legit business as the Office of Fair Trading is chasing him? I have noticed that although his website is back up and running, the basket facility has now been disabled (pressumably as the site host EKMsystems has been swamped with complaints).

Iv now received it although I asked for refund but didn't get that either so Gota wait til next week to contact bank again x

Hi everyone,

I too bought a car seat (Maxi Cosi Tobi) from BTL and after taking my money within a day or so - i havent heard anything since. Purchase was made online on 4th Feb 2011.

Like everyone else I've tried to email and call them but to no avail.

So, today, I drove down to their shop...! Waste of time unfortunately as they are now closed down!!! I went next door to the computer shop and the guy said they closed the shutters about 4-5 weeks ago and havent been back since. He has spoken to Trading Standards as he keeps getting BTL customers coming to him for info, and they gave him a name and number to give to everyone.

So, please contact Mr I H Scott 0208 308 7609 at Trading Standards. He is the specific person dealing with the case. Apparently he has received 'a number of complaints'!

According to the computer shop man - the online shop is STILL ACTIVE..! Plus, he showed me an article in the local paper (Welling paper), published a couple of weeks ago, showing that a number of customers are dissatisfied with BTL and that the company have ripped people off because they cant keep up with their orders etc etc...

Anyway, if everyone complains to TS hopefully, they can get rid of this company for good...!

In the meantime, I'm putting in a claim to my bank for a refund as the item was purchased via Debit Card :(

Good luck to everyone

Hi everyone,

Another update on Baby Time London - the website is still live but you cannot buy anything. They have taken the 'Buy' button away from all of the products.

Thank god...!

Hopefully no-one else will get ripped off aswell now.

Okay another update on BTL...

Ian Scott at Trading Standards rang me back this morning to take my details and log them onto his system for the case.

He said they have received over 100 complaints regarding BTL (so far) which is why they are involved. He has contacted BTL owner and heard back once or twice. Owner is confirming that he is trying to get through all of the orders - but warehouse leaks have been the issue. Ian Scott said he doubts this very much as there was only a small leak in the shop (not warehouse), and not enough to cause problems with stock.

He emailed the owner yesterday asking him to contact him urgently and is now awaiting a reply. The company is not a Limited company so the owner is personally liable. (Good!)

He advised that we should all log into Consumer Direct website and lodge complaint - all these details are then passed onto him. The more of us that come forward, the stronger the case.

I have logged a complaint with Consumer Direct as Joshymum has suggested, i'm hoping that it will assist their investigation. The email that has been sent by BTL is a stalling tactic, i'm hoping that this will not affect my dispute with the credit card company or anybody else's.

Hi all

Just a quick update......

i had a call back from Consumer Direct to discuss the complaint logged with them. They have recommended that i write a letter to Babytime to request response and refund, giving deadlines for the response and refund. They have recommended that the letter is sent by recorded delivery. I explained that the shop appears to have shut down and in which case it would be very difficult to pursue this with the owner and he would need to be tracked down.

They have also said that regarding the 'chargeback' on credit and debit cards are at the discretion of the credit card companies if you have spent under £100. So it all depends on the customer service of your credit/debit card companines.

I'm not holding out much hope that i will get my money back now :(

I guess a valuable lesson has been learnt, to check out these unknown companies before ordering from them.........

A recorded letter is just a formallity - but in this case probably a waste of time.

Catch 22 really, if you send it non recorded it will be posted through the letter box but you'll have no proof of sending or receipt - if you send it recorded (as I did on the 10th Feb) there will be no-one there to sign for it - a card will be left - it won't be collected from sorting office - and eventually be returned to you.

Hi all,

I wished that I had read reviews before I placed my order with BTL!
Anyway to cut a long story short I placed my order for a pushchair on 24th Feb and since then have been chasing them with emails and phonecalls but with no response from them. After reading all these bad reviews I gathered that my goods will never turn up and I won't be getting a refund from them so the following week I called my Hsbc bank and told them that my goods did not turn up and the supplier is not responding to my queries, HSBC sent me a form to fill in and I had to state all the details of the order, expected delivery date and attach all email correspondance to show I tried to resolve this. i sent my form off next day and they received it on monday 7th march, checked my account today and the money has been reversed back to my account by HSBC so IM HAPPY! I know for a fact that HSBC will write them a letter asking them that to defend the chargeback they need to supply proof of posting but obviously they can't supply any because they are a bunch of lying b*******! so i was quite hopeful that I would get my money back, i spent over £100 amd it was on debit card. i would advise that you contact your bank and speak to the chargebacks department to raise a chargeback to get your money back if you can, my bank was very helpful. We can't let them get away with day light robbery!!!! I have now learnt my lesson on this one and will be reading reviews before buying things online! Good luck to you all.

Hi all

Just an update on the chargeback process. Like sweetmummy999, i submitted a form and all copies of the emails that i had sent and posted it to them on the 1/03/2011. Today i checked my account and the credit company have credited my account with the full amount. Please note that i spent under £100 and they still gave me my money back. Following my conversation with consumer direct, i did not think that i would be getting anything back. So i just wanted to let everyone that it is possible to get your money even if you spent under £100.

Please don't be mistaken, even though i have my money back, i am still really angry at BTL for conning all those people out of their hard earned cash. It would be interesting to know if Satish has been tracked down, following the closure of the shop.................

Hi all

Just a quick update......

i had a call back from Consumer Direct to discuss the complaint logged with them. They have recommended that i write a letter to Babytime to request response and refund, giving deadlines for the response and refund.

Many posts ago, someone tried this and Satish never picked it up from the post office.
Probably best to save yourself this money.
Legally you only have to advise them in writing, so an email should be fine - just keep a copy of it. This was all I needed for HSBC.

Well your banks are quicker off the mark than Barclaycard, I returned the form earlier this week and not heard anything as yet - my mishap was over £100 too.

I'm wondering, could this guy actually be done for theft?
I requested that my order be cancelled on the 8th February and they have yet to refund my account - its been over 30 days now, aren't they obliged to refund within a certain period of time?

This from their T&C's under cancellations and returns ....

"You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 days after we receive your return or 7 day cancellation notice."

Also this from consumerdirect.gov.uk ....

"Refunds after cancelling

If you have already paid for the goods or services, the seller must refund your money within 30 days of you cancelling the agreement.

If you have paid for the goods by a credit agreement suggested or organised by the seller, the agreement will be automatically cancelled."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->