Anyone taking Tamoxifen?

I had my cycle day 12 tracking scan yesterday and no follicles.Not even close :o( Have to go back on Monday for another scan. Whats the highest dose I can take? I fell like chucking the towel in now-thats restance to clomid and 40mg tamoxifen. My hosp don't do injectables as I have asked. They will only offer IVF at a huge price.

Try drinking Peppermint tea 2 cups a day it should help balance your hormones by lowering testosterone and help you respond better. when my testosterone gets too high from the PCOS clomid and tamoxifen dont work for me either.
They can also try a higher dose but I believe 80mg is the highest. I am on 60 mg this month which is the same as about 200mg of clomid.
I am hoping it works this month. Hugs.

Hello all how are you all getting on? The witch arrived for me last saturday so this is my 2nd mth on tamoxifen. The best part is that i don't appear to have any side effects this time round. Think it was my body getting use to the new drugs.
DH and i had a fantastic holiday away and its really helped to clear my mind and put me in a positive mood again. Gonna try not to get my hopes up and just prey for the best.
Fingers crossed for you all xx

Chan sorry about AF I hope this is your BFP month.
I am having different side effects from last month, last month was alot of headaches and hot flashes , this month just slight nausea and fatigue might be due to the higher dose. but I looked it up on google and they are all side effects of tamoxifen. totally worth it though if I get my BFP.

Sorry to hear your having different side effects but at least your not having the headaches hopefully they will settle down soon for you. Hopefully you won't need to increase again and your'll get your BFP this month. Have you got to have any tests this month? Try peppermint tea as that should stop the nausea and help you feel revitilised.
I'm just so pleased not to have any side effects this time round as i was worried that i might have to stop taking it x

Sorry to hear your having different side effects but at least your not having the headaches hopefully they will settle down soon for you. Hopefully you won't need to increase again and your'll get your BFP this month. Have you got to have any tests this month? Try peppermint tea as that should stop the nausea and help you feel revitilised.
I'm just so pleased not to have any side effects this time round as i was worried that i might have to stop taking it x

Thanks I have only been drinking one cup at night because I was worried about it interfering with the tamoxifen just paraniod I guess.
also when I drink peppermint tea I get tired so I can only drink it at night.
I have been taking Tums for the slight nausea during the day,
planning a few outings with friends next weekend to help take my mind off TTC,
it seems when I stop stressing/thinking over TTC is always when I get pregnant. pretty much all my pregnancy's have been surprises.
thats good your not having to deal with side effects .

Well the hot flashes started yesterday , and both ovarys are sore hopefully that means we stimulated good eggs this month. I might not go on the outing with friends after all.

After another scan today and absolutely no change I have to see consultant. Looks like end of the road for me :( I will get some peppermint tea though. I'm back on the metformin-I had 2 af's on that alone.

After another scan today and absolutely no change I have to see consultant. Looks like end of the road for me :( I will get some peppermint tea though. I'm back on the metformin-I had 2 af's on that alone.

:hugs::hugs: I am so very sorry!

I know that you have probably already discussed this here, but I am at work and cannot read back through all of the posts; what fertility issues have you been diagnosed with or are suspected of having?

Thanks I have only been drinking one cup at night because I was worried about it interfering with the tamoxifen just paraniod I guess.
also when I drink peppermint tea I get tired so I can only drink it at night.
I have been taking Tums for the slight nausea during the day,
planning a few outings with friends next weekend to help take my mind off TTC,
it seems when I stop stressing/thinking over TTC is always when I get pregnant. pretty much all my pregnancy's have been surprises.
thats good your not having to deal with side effects .[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should go out but just don't drink or if you do fancy a drink only have 2. If that what works for you then give it a go hun. Anything is worth a go to get your BFP xx

We were not planning on drinking but just walking up witches castle and I dont know about the long hike with sore ovarys. but I am taking my mind off TTC in other ways by doing some home improvements .
I have not had a drink sence we had our M/C last november.
I am also finally 100% caffeine free for 2 months now.

maliah09 : so very sorry about no follies again I think the peppermint tea might help you .

Ewwwww yuck yack that tastes awful lol peppermint tea is rank fact.
Struggling to drink first cup lol hope it works

Oh sorry ,I love it with a little splenda added its like a liquid candy cane to me.
also I dont let it steep more then 10 minutes. I hope it helps us both.:flower:

Just wanted to wish everyone some extended good luck!!:hugs:

We were not planning on drinking but just walking up witches castle and I dont know about the long hike with sore ovarys. but I am taking my mind off TTC in other ways by doing some home improvements .

maliah09 : so very sorry about no follies again I think the peppermint tea might help you .

Sorry to hear about your loss last year. We was meant to be going out this weekend but think we'll give it a miss and go to the cinema instead. Got a bad migraine last night and today and cbfm also says im on 2 bars so think i'm getting ready to ovulate, fingers crossed.
So how are the home improvements coming along? xx

i normal have 2 sugars in mine as that makes it taste sweet and its not too bad then x

Sorry to hear about your loss last year. We was meant to be going out this weekend but think we'll give it a miss and go to the cinema instead. Got a bad migraine last night and today and cbfm also says im on 2 bars so think i'm getting ready to ovulate, fingers crossed.
So how are the home improvements coming along? xx

The pregnancy last late october/early november was a huge surprise because we had completely given up at that point I had even stopped keeping track of AF and stopped all supplements and was drinking tons of coffee had a few alcoholic drinks so when I got the BFP I had a feeling it would not stick sure enough 3 days later the test faded to negative.
I just wish I would have taken better care of myself that month and maybe it would have been healthier. Oh well cant go back and change things.
this month I am not raising my hopes too high like I did last month because that just leads to :cry:when AF shows.

Home improvements are coming along good we replaced the blinds and today are starting on reupholstering the furniture.

Good luck on catching the egg !.

Well I really couldn't drink the tea last night lol I will try again tonight with sugar.

Try not letting it steep for too long so its not as strong and a little sugar added helps the taste as well.

well I just got a super dark positive OPK so it seems the tamoxifen worked much better this month. I think the peppermint tea and royal jelly helped too.

Hello Ladies!!! Here's where all my tamoxifen ladies have been hiding! I'm in my 2ww and 3rd month of tamoxifen, pretty rough ride this ttc journey huh, up & down like a yo yo! Fingers crossed we are all soon on the pregnancy ride.. Been ttc for 2 years and finally fell end of last year but sadly miscarried at 9 weeks, trying to stay upbeat & positive, counting down to test day, I really struggled to find any other ladies or information regarding tamoxifen so I'm delighted to have found you all, hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->