Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older?

Hollynesss

Mommy!
Reaction score
Hey ladies! :flower:

I am 30, husband is 33, and this is our 3rd cycle TTC #1.

TTC is hard for everyone, but being at this stage in my life, I feel an added pressure. I have zero regrets waiting this long to TTC. I am in a much better place emotionally and financially than I was in my 20s, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

However, I can't ignore that nagging fear in the back of my head that the clock is ticking. I'm hoping for a short or even average journey to motherhood!

I am right at 30 and so is hubby... I try not to worry so much because I used to work with a NP and she got preg with her first at age 32...I too hear the clock tick...just stay health conscience...DH and I are not full on trying but I post on here because I get the most responses that are helpful....if we do conceive it will be our first :) I will be glad to be your friend :)

Cheers! :thumbup:

Several of my coworkers have gotten pregnant in their 30s as well. I'm not too worried at this point! If we reach the 6 month mark then I'll start to get concerned.

Hi Hollynesss and Angel022605, I am 30 years old and would be 31 years in October. We have been TTC since Dec 2013, I feel a wave of sadness everymonth when AF shows up. This month if AF shows up again then my DH is going to get SA done, as my doctor suggested that would be the first thing to do before 1 year mark when they would start testing me.

We have been married for ~6years but waited on TTC as I was completing my Masters and then my husband starting studying further. Let's hope all of us get our BFP soon :)

Please feel free to PM me if you guys want to make a chat group. My skype id is mangoberry29

Hi Mangoberry! :hiya:

I hope we all get our BFP soon as well! :flower:

There have been a good number of people I know in mid to late 30 getting pregnant, just read an article saying that the big fertility drop off really comes at 40 now, so there is still time. I will be the big 30 in Oct, hoping I will get a nice birthday surprise of baby

Welcome, Alikat!

I just read that 85% of women between 30 and 40 years old will conceive within a year. Im not too concerned as of yet since I'm at the very beginning of that range!

Are any if you doing anything extra? Charting, OPKs, etc?

Good luck this cycle, I used a calendar and think I just ovulated so now the big wait, baby dust to all this cycle, it'll be cool to have buddies once we do get bfp, this place is great!

I am! This is our second cycle "officially" trying, I'm happy to meet others in the same situation. I've gotten a bit of a reality check these last two months, somehow I just thought I would wait until I wanted to have a baby and POOF! I would get pregnant! :haha: Never knew there could be so much involved, with the charting and temping and OPKs! SO glad there are forums like this for support. :hugs:

Praying, you hit the nail on the head!! We spend so much of our young adulthood being told how just looking at a guy will get you pregnant, but when it comes time to want one it's suddenly not so easy!

I'm doing everything I can to make it a short journey....I chart and use OPKs, but so far no luck. I'm hoping 3rd cycle's a charm!!

I started charting and using opks this month and it's just confusing the heck out of me. I got a positive opk on CD 17, had a temp rise, got FF crosshairs. All was groovy. Then came the cramps and the bloating and the ewcm and two more positive opks followed by another temp rise! Whaaat... I took the first positive opk off my chart because I really think I o'd later and now it just looks a mess. Honestly, after 10 years on BCP, I don't think everything is sorted out yet in there and of course all the worst case scenarios are constantly on my mind. Poor DH. Never thought I was that crazy girl until we started trying ;) Good luck to you Holly! Let's all keep each other on the sane side :)

OPKs can be tricky at first. The test line has to be reallllllly dark, darker than the control line, to be considered truly positive. Sometimes you get those really ambiguous ones that are almost positive, but not quite, but maybe....lol! It does sound like you O'd, though, based on the second temp rise! I have read that your body sometimes has to give you more than one LH surge to release the egg, which may explain the second surge. That isn't supposed to happen very often, but if you are just coming off BCPs recently that could explain it. :flower:

My husband thinks I'm crazy with all of this extra stuff I do, so I'm happy to have other "crazy" ladies to talk to! :rofl:

Has anyone felt like they were pinchy ang having like that ewmc (is that the right abbrev?) And then again pinchy ovary 4 days later?

Has anyone felt like they were pinchy ang having like that ewmc (is that the right abbrev?) And then again pinchy ovary 4 days later?

AliKat- I had four days of dull aches before I O'd this cycle- they were kind of like period cramps, but not quite as painful. Mostly just a heavy feeling. During these days, there were two distinct sharp pains, one "pinch" on CD23 that made me flinch, and then one on CD24 on my lower right side that felt like a little "pop" (weird, but best way to describe it). FF said I O'd that day, though I think either of those weird pains could have been it. On CD23, I had SO MUCH of that ewcm (you got it!) and TMI alert, it came out in one big glob at one point. :blush: Which day are you on?

I came off BCP about 5 months ago so I'm not really sure what is normal right now. I am 4DPO and just have some dull pressure down there and creamy cm. Just playing the waiting game. :bunny:

OPKs can be tricky at first. The test line has to be reallllllly dark, darker than the control line, to be considered truly positive. Sometimes you get those really ambiguous ones that are almost positive, but not quite, but maybe....lol! It does sound like you O'd, though, based on the second temp rise! I have read that your body sometimes has to give you more than one LH surge to release the egg, which may explain the second surge. That isn't supposed to happen very often, but if you are just coming off BCPs recently that could explain it. :flower:

My husband thinks I'm crazy with all of this extra stuff I do, so I'm happy to have other "crazy" ladies to talk to! :rofl:

"Clinical" is the word DH used to describe all of this checking and charting the other night. Yikes, it's only been two months! :wacko:

I think im 3dpo and have period pains 2nd month off bc so forgot what it feels like

I'm 33, husband is also 33. We have been ttc for a year now. And I will say, I'm not up to speed on all the acronyms you all use, haha. It is kinda funny reading all your posts and trying to figure it out.

Anyways... It is frustrating each month that goes by unsuccessful and I don't know about all of you but if one more person tells me "just don't try so hard" I'm going to punch them in the nose, haha. Trying is really just have sex, I'm pretty sure we gotta keep doing that to make this work :)

Anyways, is there a place I can go to find out what all the acronyms mean?

Welcome to BnB, Smallsy!! And welcome to this thread :flower:

Here is a list of lingo: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

TTC can be quite frustrating! You'll definitely find that this forum is a wealth of knowledge for ways to make the process a little bit easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->