Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older?

Just saw this thread and thought I'd join in! Both my husband and I are 31 and just started TTC 6months ago. The comments in this thread about fertility for women in their 30s has really made me feel better, and a little less scared about waiting to try until now. I'm still worried I may have a problem with a short luteal phase, but I'm trying not to stress and worry until after my doctor appointment.

Welcome, Librarianlady! :flower:

How is everyone doing? Any promising signs/symptoms for anyone? I'm currently on CD14. I usually O around CD17-18, so will be getting busy this weekend! :bunny:

Thanks, Hollynesss! I'm on CD 24, I o'd on cd 18. Really hoping AF doesn't come. My expected period is Sept 1st or 2nd. I'm planning on testing on the 5th if my AF doesn't come. *crosses fingers*

You have a lot of will power, librarian!! I usually give in and test by 10dpo :haha:

Ha! I'm just sick of spending so much money on HPTs!! I just assume AF will come so I won't have to bother wasting the $$. This month, I'm trying to set my expectations low so I am not disappointed like I have been EVERY previous month.

Can I join?
I'm 32 and OH is 34. We've been trying for 2 years now with no luck at all.
It's so frustrating, but I'm trying to stay positive and believe that anything is possible!!

Welcome, Gaige!! :flower:

It is nice to have so many other ladies in the same shoes! <3 Though the journey can be hard for a woman of any age, TTC in your 30s has its own challenges. Keep your chins up, stay positive, and take heart that our chances of conceiving each cycle are only very slightly lower than that of a 29 year old. :hugs:

Hi librarianlady, I get them from Amazon and they are much cheaper than getting them from pharmacy's

Hi everyone,

I'm 34 and my DH is 30. I also lost one ovary years ago due to an ovarian cyst. (Hormones normal, don't have PCOS though-go figure) First month officially trying-and I've definitely felt nervous waiting so long to start a family but I don't regret having only married and settled down 11 months ago. :) I went to my surgical obgyn who removed my ovary and asked if I should talk any precautions, be worried, etc and his answer was a firm no. He was very assuring about women in their 30s being more than able to conceive, and even myself with one ovary. His only advice was to "get busy" and come back in a year if not successful naturally.

I've started using the app Ovia and it's a Godsend. Now for the tech talk:

:happydance: I'm in my 24th cycle dAy not sure which day I ovulated(have t tried the tests yet) but DH and I spaced out our trying throughout my "fertile window". According to Ovia I'm 5 days away from testing. :winkwink:. AF due on 9/4.

Hi librarianlady, I get them from Amazon and they are much cheaper than getting them from pharmacy's
Oooo, good tip, mangoberry! I think I will have to do that for my next cycle. In just 6 months I've already spent close to $200!

Hi everyone,

I'm 34 and my DH is 30. I also lost one ovary years ago due to an ovarian cyst. (Hormones normal, don't have PCOS though-go figure) First month officially trying-and I've definitely felt nervous waiting so long to start a family but I don't regret having only married and settled down 11 months ago. :) I went to my surgical obgyn who removed my ovary and asked if I should talk any precautions, be worried, etc and his answer was a firm no. He was very assuring about women in their 30s being more than able to conceive, and even myself with one ovary. His only advice was to "get busy" and come back in a year if not successful naturally.

I've started using the app Ovia and it's a Godsend. Now for the tech talk:

:happydance: I'm in my 24th cycle dAy not sure which day I ovulated(have t tried the tests yet) but DH and I spaced out our trying throughout my "fertile window". According to Ovia I'm 5 days away from testing. :winkwink:. AF due on 9/4.

That's great to hear you obgyn was so positive!! We could be test buddies! Let's hope AF doesn't come!!

Welcome, pictbride!! :flower: Its good to know that you shouldn't face any problems in your journey! Best of luck to you :)

Librarianlady- Wondfo is a really great brand of internet cheapie hpts and opks to try! They are inexpensive and have excellent reviews. I have tried other brands, but those the only ones I will buy now :)

Hi Everyone! I'm 32 and DH is in his late 30s. We've been officially TTC for two months now. I've been doing charting and stuff, but no opks. Last month I completely timed our BDing wrong, so this month I'm making sure that doesn't happen! I am on CD19 and pretty sure I'll O sometime this weekend.

Being slightly older, I have that fear of "what if we waited too long?" And "how do we even know if we can have kids?" I guess we will find out! Hoping it doesn't take too long.

Welcome, Michellebelle!! :flower:

One thing I have definitely found from being a part of this forum is that every single girl fears that she will not be able to get pregnant. We all worry about not being able to conceive, and that there may be something wrong, and fear that we waited just a little bit too long. The great thing is that I have seen countless girls on here with those doubts be able to conceive just fine, and have healthy, beautiful babies. We will be no different, ladies!

Joining :wave: Turned the big 3-0 in May...CD14, havent Oed yet, lets see how long :baby: #1 will take :coffee:

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome and I would a test buddy!!:happydance:

Ovia told me a few days ago my CF was a good indication I conceived so of course I've been checking it constantly and almost had a nervous breakdown at work yesterday when I wiped and saw pink! I logged it and put a tampon in overnight so I could further examine it ( don't you just love how we all become clinical technicians when TTC lol??) and this morning it was brown/pink super light with mostly CF. So fingers crossed its IB and I didn't just scrape something with all my CF checking lol or even worse it's a super early AF.

I'm thinking if AF doesn't come on 9/4 as projected, I'll wait until the following Sat to test. (If I can stand it!!)

Trying to stay positive and looking at it as a process that will take some time. How long do you ladies usually wait to test? I'm trying very hard to keep my emotions in check, unnecessary BFN I'm trying to avoid.

It's also extremely therapeutic sharing my experiences with all of you-please know I understand completely the anxiety ridden, emotional roller coaster you all are going through! Stay positive!

Welcome, cdelmar!! :flower:

Pictbride- sounds promising!! Fingers crossed for you :happydance:

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome and I would a test buddy!!:happydance:

Ovia told me a few days ago my CF was a good indication I conceived so of course I've been checking it constantly and almost had a nervous breakdown at work yesterday when I wiped and saw pink! I logged it and put a tampon in overnight so I could further examine it ( don't you just love how we all become clinical technicians when TTC lol??) and this morning it was brown/pink super light with mostly CF. So fingers crossed its IB and I didn't just scrape something with all my CF checking lol or even worse it's a super early AF.

I'm thinking if AF doesn't come on 9/4 as projected, I'll wait until the following Sat to test. (If I can stand it!!)

Trying to stay positive and looking at it as a process that will take some time. How long do you ladies usually wait to test? I'm trying very hard to keep my emotions in check, unnecessary BFN I'm trying to avoid.

It's also extremely therapeutic sharing my experiences with all of you-please know I understand completely the anxiety ridden, emotional roller coaster you all are going through! Stay positive!

Hey Pictbride! I will be your test buddy! I am going to test Thursday, even though I am tempted to wait a bit longer since my cycles seem to be getting longer and longer since I got off BCP (last month was 37 days but I average about 35). I tested early and often last cycle and it just broke my heart over and over again. SO dramatic I know.

DH actually called all this "clinical" the other evening... and he was not really joking :blush: I am so hyper aware of everything right now though I am only 9 DPO. I am not very hopeful this cycle though, my temps are low, hanging out very close to the coverline. They jumped up yesterday but I am not getting too hopeful b/c I am traveling. Weirdest thing this cycle is how swollen and pressurized my pelvis feels- low abdomen swelling that feels fairly sensitive to the touch and I also have bloating in all the usual places.

PS- Is anyone else struggling with reacting well to friends' pregnancy news? I've gotten the news of 7 pregnancies over the last two months (including a set of twins!) as we've been TTC. I know I need to get a grip and be happy for them, but it always reminds me of how "behind" I feel. :cry:

Hey Ladies! Can I join, me and DH are both 33 ttc#1. Just started our 3rd cycle (cd1 today!) lovely to have some ladies to share the journey with :) xx

Hi Babylove100!

Good luck with cycle 3. Hope this is the one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->