Anyone TTC #1 and 30 or older?

Before when I added a post, I mentioned that I haven't had any symptoms as of yet to lead me to believe this month might be ours. This afternoon all of the sudden I've gotten VERY tired and my back is achy (shoulders, middle back, and lower back) If I could close my eyes I believe I would drift off to sleep.. I just really would love to lay my head down on my desk and go to sleep ARRGGGHHHH!

I went off of bcps 5 years ago, and my cycles have been like clockwork ever since. However, for some reason, this year my cycles have been kinda all over the place. February and April were both ~70 day cycles (I'm normal 30 right on the nose), but my July cycle was perfectly normal. I normally O on CD17-18, but I'm now on CD19 and no positive opk, which leads me to believe I'm having another off cycle :/ I mentioned this to my doctor, and he was ready to start me on Clomid right away, but I felt that that was a little premature given we just started trying.

So frustrating that now that we're trying, my body decides that its going to do whatever it wants!

K, just had to vent. Meanwhile, we've been sticking to SMEP as though this will be a normal cycle. Hoping for a positive opk soon!

Best of luck to everyone who is about to test or is past O! I hope to see some BFPs in here soon! :happydance:

Love this great group were having! Just wanted to update my cycle buddies :D, have been spotting for about 3 days and finally just as Ovia predicted AF came about and hour ago. I'm ok, first cycle tracking and TTC so I'm ok. I bought O and Preggo tests for this cycle. Wishing you all baby dust and the courage and love to keep trying! I told my DH he just has to get busy a lot more often this time around-and he was more than happy to oblige lol. I'm optimistic and you should be too, my obgyn delivered a healthy baby boy last week to a 49 year old TTC #1. Keep your chin up ladies!

I haven't been on the pill for over 6 years, my cycles used to be 28 days on the dot till last year, and since the last few months I've also started having brown discharge (sorry, TMI) up to 4 days before my period starts :( The gynaecologist said I might not be ovulating properly (great!) and prescribed a 1-month course of progesterone supplements without even getting my levels tested, so I have no idea what's going on.

My (doctor) friend advised me to DTD everyday for 10 days (my cycles range between 27 and 31 days), so we did it almost everyday from CD 12 to CD 20. I don't think we'll be able to keep this up every month.

Spent the last 14 years of my life preventing pregnancy, and now I'm scared it's going to take me forever. Anyone else symptom spotting even if they're 99% convinced they're not pregnant? Oh, the tip of my ear is hurting, that might be a symptom,haha!

Baby dust to everyone, hope you'll all graduate from this group very soon :)

12.dpo.and got a faint line im hoping its going to get darker

I haven't been on the pill for over 6 years, my cycles used to be 28 days on the dot till last year, and since the last few months I've also started having brown discharge (sorry, TMI) up to 4 days before my period starts :( The gynaecologist said I might not be ovulating properly (great!) and prescribed a 1-month course of progesterone supplements without even getting my levels tested, so I have no idea what's going on.

My (doctor) friend advised me to DTD everyday for 10 days (my cycles range between 27 and 31 days), so we did it almost everyday from CD 12 to CD 20. I don't think we'll be able to keep this up every month.

Spent the last 14 years of my life preventing pregnancy, and now I'm scared it's going to take me forever. Anyone else symptom spotting even if they're 99% convinced they're not pregnant? Oh, the tip of my ear is hurting, that might be a symptom,haha!

Baby dust to everyone, hope you'll all graduate from this group very soon :)

Fleur... I am having the same brown spotting issue. Last cycle was the first time I noticed it, but it happened again this cycle. It starts about 10 dpo and lasts for 3-4 days until AF finally comes. It makes me worry that I have a LPD and low progesterone. My cycles are also getting longer- maybe 38 days now since real AF flow hasn't started. I wish my OB/GYN was like yours!! Last month when I reported the spotting, she said that stress, travel, blah, blah can cause that. She was also the one who told me in pre-conception counseling that it is easy to get pregnant. Well, four months later, here we sit. I know we are just starting out, but I would rather address issues sooner rather than later.

BBT drop, heavier, pinker spotting this morning and a BFN. Guess we'll try again in December. :cry:

Love this great group were having! Just wanted to update my cycle buddies :D, have been spotting for about 3 days and finally just as Ovia predicted AF came about and hour ago. I'm ok, first cycle tracking and TTC so I'm ok. I bought O and Preggo tests for this cycle. Wishing you all baby dust and the courage and love to keep trying! I told my DH he just has to get busy a lot more often this time around-and he was more than happy to oblige lol. I'm optimistic and you should be too, my obgyn delivered a healthy baby boy last week to a 49 year old TTC #1. Keep your chin up ladies!

Omg! That is amazing, makes me feel a lot better to know there is still plenty of time, I already have people giving me a hard time about my baby clock!

Fleur... I am having the same brown spotting issue. Last cycle was the first time I noticed it, but it happened again this cycle. It starts about 10 dpo and lasts for 3-4 days until AF finally comes. It makes me worry that I have a LPD and low progesterone. My cycles are also getting longer- maybe 38 days now since real AF flow hasn't started. I wish my OB/GYN was like yours!! Last month when I reported the spotting, she said that stress, travel, blah, blah can cause that. She was also the one who told me in pre-conception counseling that it is easy to get pregnant. Well, four months later, here we sit. I know we are just starting out, but I would rather address issues sooner rather than later.

BBT drop, heavier, pinker spotting this morning and a BFN. Guess we'll try again in December. :cry:

Sorry about your BFN Praying4BB. I hope the brown spotting is just a random thing and doesn't mean there's anything wrong. Must have missed this info, why are you waiting till December to try again?

Actually my GYN also said it's probably nothing to worry about, I might not have ovulated properly and to just relax. I'm the one who asked about progesterone and he gave me the supplements to get rid of me :blush:

I know they don't do any tests unless you've been trying for a while but I'm worried there's some underlying issue and a simple blood test would clear things up.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Today I'm 7DPO and I'm experiencing a small cold. I've been having some dry coughing during the evenings and today I woke up to a running nose and more dry coughing. I woke up in the middle of the night with very mild cramping and have had some today. Yesterday/last night I had some left pelvic pain, gas, bloat. No sore boobs though so I am pretty sure I'm being a symptom spotter now.. Anymore symptom spotters out there? :wacko:

I know what you mean! I too have been preventing pregnancy for 14 years and I'm afraid that it's going to be a disadvantage especially that I'm 33 yrs old now. Hopefully it will come soon for us :)

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Today I'm 7DPO and I'm experiencing a small cold. I've been having some dry coughing during the evenings and today I woke up to a running nose and more dry coughing. I woke up in the middle of the night with very mild cramping and have had some today. Yesterday/last night I had some left pelvic pain, gas, bloat. No sore boobs though so I am pretty sure I'm being a symptom spotter now.. Anymore symptom spotters out there? :wacko:

Me! :wave:

I'm 8 DPO and I'm noting down all kinds of possible symptoms : waking up with a scratchy throat and congested nose, vivid dreams, sore / throbbing / tingling / burning boobs (depends on the day), increased appetite, feeling really tired (been sleeping less than 6 hours each night)... Anything goes! I KNOW they're not pregnancy symptoms though because I had exactly the same things last month :D

Sorry about your BFN Praying4BB. I hope the brown spotting is just a random thing and doesn't mean there's anything wrong. Must have missed this info, why are you waiting till December to try again?

Actually my GYN also said it's probably nothing to worry about, I might not have ovulated properly and to just relax. I'm the one who asked about progesterone and he gave me the supplements to get rid of me :blush:

I know they don't do any tests unless you've been trying for a while but I'm worried there's some underlying issue and a simple blood test would clear things up.

DH's work schedule doesn't line up with my fertile window again until December. He will literally be gone for ALL of the crucial days for the next three months. I just keep trying to stay positive and know there is a reason for it.

DH's work schedule doesn't line up with my fertile window again until December. He will literally be gone for ALL of the crucial days for the next three months. I just keep trying to stay positive and know there is a reason for it.

I find trying to match up schedules to when I'm fertile to be one of the most frustrating parts of ttc. That is a reall bummer to hear you have to wait until December to try again. Well at least you don't have to stress about trying to catch the egg until then!

That sucks :(
What I'm telling myself is that each month I'm not pregnant is an extra month to prepare my body (try to eat healthier food, go to the gym) and do things I won't be able to do when I'm pregnant or have a baby (eat sushi, laze around, SLEEP).
Hope that December will be your month!

Fleur- that is an excellent attitude to have, and so very true!!

Praying- That is a bummer that you have to wait until December now. Take this opportunity to do nice things for yourself and relax :flower:

Hi ladies! Has anyone had any experience with thyroid issues? I've had some conflicting opinions from doctors on recent blood work and I'm just wondering if I should see an endocrinologist. Thanks!

Hi all. I'm 31 and dh is 30 and we're ttc #1. I came off bcp in April after 10+ years on some form of bc. Last cycle was my first normal length cycle since i stopped taking the pill. I ordered some OPKs yesterday so am going to start using those this cycle. I'm on CD8 right now so just waiting. Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get a bfp soon. I'm tired of waiting and stressing!

Praying4BB, one of my friends is on medication for thyroid issues but I don't know the details, sorry. I would definitely ask for more opinions and see if there's anything which needs to be sorted out.

Welcome crystlmcd, hope your stay in TTC will be short.

I'm bummed! AF arrived this AM so it looks like I'm out for a BFP this month.. Guess hubby and I will have to try harder this month.. anyone else upset that AF arrived :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->