anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

Melissa. I would have done the same thing. Don't feel silly at all. How are you feeling!

How is everyone. It's pretty quiet these days. We are all good over here. Jonathan had a great birthday. It was small but he had a blast. I didn't have such a great day. I went to pick up his cake and they made the wrong one. I got home to a mad husband who just washed his work clothes and forgot to take his brand new iPhone out. Stopped working. I had spent all day making dinner and decorating the house and when my family came nobody even offered if they could help with anything. I mean I dont expect it but when someone invites me for dinner i always offer if I can help with something and if they say no I at least help with dishes or clearing the table. Idk I guess I could be in the wrong.

I took Natalia to the doc on Tuesday for her cough and it turned out she had pneumonia. She us better now. Jonathan and Eva had their well child check on Friday. Both are doing good just there were concerns about Jonathan. He hasn't gained any weight in the past year. His percentile have dropped. I have been worried because he has just stopped eating. I mean sometimes but he was one that I put anything in front of him and he would eat all. Now I can't even get him to eat pancakes or French toast. So he has to go back in 6 months instead of a year. Or sooner if he loses weight.

Eva was great. She is such a chubby girl lol she weighed 15 lbs 7 oz but was only 23 inches. Her weight is in the 54 th percentile and her height the 5 th. Lol I love all of her rolls though lol.

I will download some more pics

Hope all is well with everyone

thanks hun. im ok. baby is still not moving a lot. I have an u/s tomorrow so hopefully if there is a problem they will find it. lost a little more plug yesterday. hopefully all the preterm labor symptoms I have had this pregnancy doesn't mean anything.

sorry no one helped out at the party. I agree, I try to help out when im invited somewhere. but maybe we are strange :shrug:

pneumonia sucks! I almost died from it when I was 24. didn't know what was wrong with me and since I wasn't throwing up or anything I just kept expecting to get better. went to dr and was misdiagnosed with a bladder infection. by the time I finally went back to get checked my organs were on the verge of shutting down. had to spend a month in the hospital and since I was laid up so long my muscles atrophied. had to learn how to walk again, it was very painful. horrible experience :(

my kids go through spurts all the time where they eat everything in sight and then suddenly don't eat hardly at all. I don't worry about it anymore. I am even considering not taking them in for check ups anymore. we don't vaccinate so there really is no point. one time they are all worried about weight and come in a few months later when they are sick and their weight is fine. just a lot of fuss for nothing imo! if they didn't try to make them fit on the charts they use it wouldn't have even been a concern in the first place. :roll:

Melissa, I hope your little girl starts moving around for you more. :( That much be scary. Please let us know how your ultrasound goes. :hugs:

Stacey, I was actually planning on posting in here yesterday because it had been so quiet. I'm sorry that Jonathon's b-day party was stressful and chaotic. And how scary that Natalia had pneumonia! I'm glad she's doing better.

As for weight, Alia hasn't gained anything in almost a year, too, and hardly ever eats. But she's always been such a bad eater. We've been trying to give her Pediasure lately to try and get some extra calories into her, but it kind of gives her diarrhea, so it's a toss-up.

As for us, we're doing okay. Alia has been sick and miserable the past several days and is making DH and I miserable as well, since all she does when she's sick is whine and scream all day.

Liam is sleeping better, though, so that's good. He's only waking up once to eat lately (although he still wakes up just to fuss several times). He still wake sup at 5am for the day, so it will be nice when he starts to sleep a little later, but I'm still just glad that he's not waking up at 4am anymore. I think one of the things that's helped him start going longer at night without milk is the solids, since we started giving him oatmeal once or twice a day starting about a week ago. I'm now hoping that he ends up being a better eater than Alia, since he's certainly not a better sleeper than she is. :dohh:

jordyn- hope she gets better very fast! and yay for more sleep, but 5am yikes!

I have low amniotic fluid once again. third pregnancy in a row. feel like im doing something wrong. guess that explains reduced movements. hate that it increases my chances of a C-section and can compromise her health. her heart rate decreases to the 60's when I have a contraction, so if that happens in labor they will probably do a c-sect. not happy about dealing with this again :(

Melissa, I don't know if you remember or not, but I had low amniotic fluid with Liam during an NST, and when they re-checked it a few weeks later, it was fine. During the time in between, I just made sure that I drank a ton of water, so it seemed to help. Are they going to check your fluid levels again soon?

Melissa sorry to hear you have low fluid levels :hugs: You're not doing anything wrong, seems like there's no rhyme or reason to it sometimes. Make sure you drink loads of water like Jordyn suggested and as much rest as possible. I hope they're going to be monitoring you closely?

Glad Jonathan had a great time at his party Stacey. Shame about nobody offering to help though. I agree, I always offer to help! Depending on the person I usually know that I'll be turned down sometimes but that's not the point. I couldn't watch someone running around without trying to help!

Noah doesn't eat much either. When he was a baby he ate anything and everything and now he's incredibly fussy. I used to pander to it a little but now Milo is weaning I'm doing proper meals and just putting one thing on the plate that I'll know he'll eat. One day I'm sure he'll join in again. In the meantime I'm trying not to stress about it too much.

That's great that Liam is starting to sleep better Jordyn! One night feed sounds manageable. Sorry about Alia whinging though. We get an awful lot of whinging round here too, think Noah's is because he still isn't talking and gets frustrated. Really can't wait until he starts.

We're generally good this end. Milo is doing well with food. He seems to be enjoying it and starts licking his lips when I put him in his high chair :haha: Today he really liked chicken and pineapple for dessert. Sleeping still isn't great. He's generally down to one night feed but we also have random wake ups and sometimes he decides to be up for an hour. And then other nights are great, he did one night of seven hours! Unfortunately yet to be repeated :dohh:

Oh Melissa, yuck about the low fluid! Hopefully it sorts itself out before you go into labour. :(

Keira hadn't gained any weight all year (21 lbs at her first birthday and 21 lbs in December) and then she got weight yesterday and she had gained 2 lbs in a month?! She must have had a little growth spurt.

Ava is doing really well. She is now 9 lbs 6 oz and I am so please with that. It's nice to have a normally growing baby.

Attachments

• 1526573_10153711187850084_378062864_n.jpg
    1526573_10153711187850084_378062864_n.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 6
Melissa, I'm sorry about the low fluid. I hope it doesn't cause you any complications with labor/delivery. :hugs:

Elizabeth, that's great that Ava is gaining normally and that Keira gained 2lbs in a month. I really hate how pediatricians always try fit kids into their perfect little chart. I think as long as they are developing that is all that matters.

Jordyn, that's great that Liam is starting to sleep better for you! One feed a night is easy compared to 4-5 :wacko:

Stacey, I'm sorry no one helped you with the party :nope: :hugs: I too always ask if people need help when I'm over. I'm glad that Jonathan had a great birthday though. I love the picture of him eating donuts! :cloud9:

Vanessa, that's great that Milo likes to eat! I can't wait to start feeding Ben solids! Only a few more weeks :happydance: I love to see the looks on their face when they try new things :haha:

Everything is going well over here. Sam had a bit of a fever on Sunday so he just rested all day and seemed to be feeling better yesterday. This morning I noticed that Ben had a bit of a runny nose though. Today was his first day to daycare so I can't wait to hear how he did!

Both the boys go to the doctors next month and I'm really curious to see how much they weigh. I *think* Sam is around 29lbs though since he likes to weigh himself in the bathroom when I'm in there! :haha:

Here is our fat happy baby! :cloud9:

https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zpsc2411896.jpg

Elizabeth, Ava is gorgeous! She looks a lot like Kiera. I'm glad you get to experience a normal size baby this time around. :flower:

Heather, I love the picture of Ben. He's so happy! I hope daycare goes well today and that your boys feel better. Both of my kiddos are sick now, and it's no fun at all. Especially because there's just so little you can do for them at this age.

So lately Alia has been using "I" sentences, like, "I did it!" "I found it!" "I see the blanket." etc, and it's been so fun. She's also starting to use 4 and 5 word sentences, so she can usually communicate what she wants, which helps a lot. Unfortunately, when she's upset, she just resorts to screaming, which really gets tiring.

Well, since we're sharing pictures, here's one of Liam from the other day. :flower:

Attachments

• Liam 6 months.jpg
    Liam 6 months.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2
Aw Elizabeth, Ava is just beautiful! She really does look like Keira. That's great weight gain, it must be such a relief for you.

Jordyn what a cheeky little dude you have! Love it. And oh my gosh Alia is doing well with her speech! I have to admit to feeling a little envious, Noah still isn't talking. I'm pretty sure all is fine since his understanding is so good but I'm desperate to have a conversation with him! Or just to hear him say mummy.

Heather Ben is so cute! How did he get on at daycare?

All is good our end. We're about to embark on our big extension on the house, planning permission is just about to be submitted. It's very exciting! I've never had a house that I've been able to truly make mine. It's going to add a big kitchen and separate dining room, another bedroom and ensuite bathroom upstairs. It will take a few months.

Noah is a bit under the weather but hardly surprising as both Dave and I have been ill. The only one to escape it thus far is Milo. Hope it stays that way!

Milo is continuing to shock me with how fast he's developing. He has now mastered crawling, sitting up and pulling himself up to standing. It's crazy and he's so quick I need eyes in the back of my head.

So picture time!

https://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x66/VanessaCH/20140117_122617_zpsde4d32ac.jpg

https://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x66/VanessaCH/20140113_115734_zpsc1576d2b.jpg

love the pics ladies. will have to go back through and read everything. i read yesterday and was ready to reply then went to bed. too tired to stay up :sleep:

just got back from my appt. ob agrees the baby isn't moving enough. had a nst that she failed. u/s bpp that she failed. the u/s tech extended the time limit and she finally moved so she counted it as she passed. isn't that why they do the test?? not to make new rules, but to see if they pass with the ones already in place??

so worried now. one great thing is that her fluid is now in the normal range. one of mine had low fluid and almost died from his placenta pulling away. no amount of water i drank helped. the other one i had with low fluid actually went up when i drank a lot of water. it still wasn't in normal range, but went up at least. im thankful hers went up. just need to stay on the water. but the lack of movement is very concerning. ob agrees she isn't moving like she should be, but isn't doing anything about it. she just said to lay down twice a day with juice and count 5-7 kicks. call immediately if she doesn't make them. i told her we have been doing this for a week and get 1-2 so i would be calling every day. she didn't say much so i guess there is no other plan of action except i will be calling every day :shrug:

i read a lot of stories online trying to find out why a baby is having reduced movements if everything else looks good and didn't come up with much except a lot of stories of babies that were stillborn around 38-40 weeks. in all of them they weren't moving like they should be, but nothing else was wrong. so im scared for her now and we will begin "operation get this kid out at 37 weeks". lots of sex, bouncing on the ball, walking, etc and will probably even agree to a sweep at 37 weeks. with my record i doubt i will make it to 38 weeks, which i now think is best. even if i don't make it to the hospital or have to call an ambulance.

Jordyn, Liam is so cute! And I'm also really impressed with Alia's speech. Sam has been communicating with us a lot lately telling us what he wants so it has been making thinks a lot easier to help him. The other night when he was sick he told me "I go night-night" "I want milk". I was so proud of him to ask to go to bed since he knew he felt bad but sad that he felt crummy.

Vanessa, look at Milo!!! He looks like such a big boy crawling.

I'm excited for you to make your home your own! It really is fun to modify everything just how you want it.

Melissa, I hope that your little Miss is okay! Operation get her out sounds like a good plan.

Everything is okay here. Ben and Sam are better and no longer really sick but now I have it BAD! I went home early from work on Wednesday with flu symptoms and now the last two days I feel like I have a terrible head cold.

Ben did well at daycare and the sitter really likes him! Sam has been getting separation anxiety though leaving him but I've read it is common around 2 though. :shrug:

Yikes! Melissa, you must have posted while I was writing my post yesterday, so I didn't see it until now.

That is so scary. :nope: I really hope that baby girl starts moving some more, or that you can at least persuade her to evacuate early. I would start taking evening primrose oil soon so that you dilate a little sooner and easier.

Has your OB talked about taking her before 37 weeks if she doesn't improve or gets worse?

jordyn- ob hasn't said much except that she agrees she should be moving more. she told me to keep an eye on it and come in when I need to for checks. but since she failed the 2 checks they did and nothing was done im not sure what difference it would make. right now im just praying a lot and taking one day at a time. I decided if I have to go in every day then that's what I will do. DH is wanting to get a Doppler to check her hb when she isn't moving. not sure though. I will def be starting the process to move things along. im almost 33 weeks. and while the thought of having a baby too early scares the poo outta me, so does having a stillborn when its too late :(

Melissa I don't understand why they are waiting to induce you. I had nsts twice a week because of my pre e. If she ever failed one and ultrasound they would have induced me right then and there. I think you should get a second opinion. Your baby might be under some stress and like you said better safe then sorry. Please talk to your ob again or get a second opinion

Vanessa that's soo cute I love that milo is soo active. It reminds me of Jonathan. So don't be surprised if he is walking by 9 months lol Jonathan was 8 months and 3 weeks when he started walking. I love your pics what cute boys you have.

Jordyn I'm sooooo impressed with alias speech. Jonathan is starting to talk more but deff not like Alia. I love that video of Liam aww.

Heather I'm glad that your kids are feeling better. Sucks your feeling crummy though. I'm glad Ben had a good day at daycare. I'm so nervousness for Eva to go to daycare she is so attached to me lol.

Melissa, I agree with Stacey, I'd push a little harder or get a second opinion, because the fact that she failed the tests, and they didn't do anything is worrisome. In the meantime, though, I will pray for you. :hugs:

Heather, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sick too, right now, and it sucks. Thankfully Alia is feeling better, but Liam's pretty sick right now, also. I'm just glad it's the weekend so that DH can help out and I can get some more rest.

Hi, everyone! I'm still here; been reading but not replying like I want to. I start reading and then by the time I get around to typing my hands are full or Daniel needs the computer. But now he's is out playing soccer and both kids are asleep, so here I go...

Melissa, I agree that maybe you should start asking some more questions with your OB. I forget, is this the same doc you've had before? Anyway, maybe ask what it could be that's causing the reduced movements, or ask what the possible outcomes are. I'm sure the doctor has seen this kind of thing before, so just ask how it's turned out for other patients. Maybe that will get them thinking in a different direction other than just "monitor it." I'll be praying for you and Sophia.

Jordyn, that video is super cute! It really does sound like Liam's trying to say something. It also sounds like Ozzy has caught up a little bit to Alia as far as speech goes because he's starting to say some 4-5 word sentences as well. Of course, sometimes we have no clue what he's saying, but most of the time we can decipher it. :) And he still repeats almost everything we say.

Vanessa, that is crazy that Milo is crawling and pulling himself up already. Jimmy can roll both ways, but he can barely get his little bum off the ground, so crawling is still a ways away. And he can't sit up on his own just yet either; he tips over almost immediately. lol Ozzy was crawling by this age, but I look at Jimmy and how small he is and I just can't picture it! I mean, he's not that tiny. I think he's around 16-17 lbs. and around 25 inches long. We're going to get his second round of immunizations on Monday, so I'll have some more accurate measurements then.

Heather, that sucks that you all have been sick (or are sick). Icky. :( I hope your house is a healthy one soon! And I do think it's totally normal for kids to go through phases of having separation anxiety. Ozzy's seems to come and go. But great that Ben is doing well in daycare. :)

Stacey, I don't even remember if I've replied in here since you found out you don't have MS. What wonderful news! How are you feeling these days?

Skadi, Ava is gorgeous!

I'm loving everyone's pics. I'll try to get some recent ones of the boys uploaded and post them.

I'm doing pretty well. I could have sworn that AF was coming back, but turns out that's not the case. I had some cramps just before the new year, so I took some OPKs. Two in a row were *almost* positive, which made me think I'd had my surge in between them, like in the morning the day I took the second one. Plus there were other signs, like I'm losing less hair (it's pretty much back to normal) and I'm WAY less emotional and irritable. But alas, no periods for me yet. Oh well.

We've tried giving Jimmy some oatmeal cereal a few times, but he does not seem to like it at all. I don't think he's actually eaten any of it, so I think we'll switch it up and try something sweet like carrot or sweet potato.

Ozzy's sleeping in a big boy bed now and Jimmy's in a crib (so they are sharing a room now). Except our bedroom is nowhere near ready for us to sleep in it, so we've actually been sleeping in the boys' room too - one of us in bed with Ozzy and the other on couch cushions on the floor!

As mentioned, Jimmy can roll both ways, but is still not sitting or crawling - and I am perfectly okay with that. lol

Ozzy started ice skating 'lessons.' It's really just a program to get them used to ice and hopefully comfortable in skates. Well, Ozzy LOVES wearing the skates but didn't really want to stand up and try actually skating on them until the last couple sessions. We might sign him up for some more because he absolutely loved it. They had little mini hockey sticks and pucks, so he spent most of his time passing the puck with Daniel and scoring goals. :)

Melissa that's really scary and I wish they'd talk about inducing you. For her to fail those tests and their advice to simply be keep an eye on it, it worries me :nope: I'd make a massive nuisance of myself if I were in your shoes and keep calling and going in. I remember a lady on here whose third child wasn't moving much and she had a similar response until she got absolutely mad at them and they agreed to induce her, turned out the cord was around his neck and it saved his life. Mummies know best, if you feel this isn't right make them listen. I'll be praying for you both, I hope she's just placid. Noah was placid in the womb and Milo was a little lunatic so if I'd had them the other way round I would have worried about Noah but he was fine. Sorry I'm rambling, just hope you're ok and we'll all be rooting for you both :hugs:

Eurgh Heather sorry you're feeling rough. We've had a fluey type bug in our house and we're only just starting to get over it. Got a really nasty sore throat right now, I hate sore throats! Glad to hear that Ben has taken to daycare so well!

Hi Rachel! Aw so cute to hear about Ozzy having ice skating lessons! I don't have AF back yet either, but I am having cramping here and there so I suspect that my body is trying to get back to cycling. I've enjoyed not having periods and I'm not ready to TTC again yet so if it fancies staying away a bit longer I'm happy with that :haha:

Aw thanks Stacey, yes I do suspect that it won't be long before my little lunatic is walking :wacko: He takes 'steps' if you hold his hands up and goes in directions he wants to go so I think he understands the concept of walking. Dave and I are taking bets on when it will be, I'm going for 10 months.

The little rascal is obsessed with Noah as well and makes a beeline for him all the time, always trying to play with what Noah is playing with and generally annoying him :haha: The worst thing is when I'm changing Noah's nappy and Milo's trying to clamber all over him, I remove him and put him somewhere else and he's back within 30 seconds :dohh: He's a boomerang lol. Noah is good though, he whinges a bit but waits for me to deal with it and doesn't push Milo off or anything, he knows he has to be gentle.

Just because I took this pic today and it's flipping cute :haha:

https://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x66/VanessaCH/IMG_364726288496572_zpsfbcf4a0a.jpeg

Rachel, that's so cute that Ozzy is taking ice-skating lessons! I think Alia would freak out, but she's really hesitant about things.

Vanessa, what a cute picture! That's funny that Milo is all over Noah. For us, its the other way around, because Liam doesn't move and Alia is obsessed with touching his head...whether it be with her fingernail, her shoes, a block, etc. So needless to say, I'm constantly having to protect poor Liam. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->