anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

That's too bad about the house. At least you found out that it would need all that work before purchasing it and then being stuck.

We are going to start house hunting soon. I'm getting kinda nervous because house prices are going up around here and I don't want to pay too much for a house I could get for less if I do it sooner than later.

We were gonna try to wait till May but I think we may buy before then. I love the help from the in-laws but having our own space will also be nice.

We had a small pregnancy scare. I'm not ready and DH had a oops! :dohh: but I think nothing came of it. Even though I'm still waiting for my next AF. I think breastfeeding is messing them up a bit.

But I have also heard that from 2-3 is much easier than 1-2 or 0-1. That's comforting.

Heather, when do you expect your next AF?

Yeah, the house-hunting is a drag. If I were you, I'd at least start looking right now, because it's ended up taking us a lot longer than we thought it would. In fact, this is our 6th month of actively trying. To be honest, though, I think we'd be better off if we had gone with a different real estate agent, but we signed a contract with her, so we're stuck until April.

heather- as far as I know it doesn't up the chances of needing a C-section or anything unless there are complications related. like pre-eclampsia or something.

I hope both of you ladies get houses soon!!! <3

jordyn- great job on ntnp. when is af due to start??

AF should be due Friday, at latest, but could come Thursday, too. So funny enough, after talking about how proud I am of my will-power and all that, I've actually decided to just do a cheapie tomorrow morning. I realized that my Wondfo's will expire before I get pregnant next time, so I have to use them up this time around, and I have 23 of them left. So DH told me to use some of them, but he gave me the condition that I need to have lines on three different cheapies before I use a nice test. So I'll do one tomorrow (when I'll be at least 13 dpo) although I'm fairly positive that it will be a BFN.

Sorry, Melissa, not much to look at. https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=229039 At 13 dpo, I'm pretty sure I'm out this month.

Jordyn, I don't see anything either, sadly. :nope:

Melissa, that's great that you won't have to have a c-section because of the lupus. I can't believe you're as far along as you are...it seems like just yesterday you announced you were pregnant again! :flower:

I don't really know when to expect AF, to be honest. My last one (the first one since getting pregnant with Ben) was Jan 5th. My usual cycles before I had the boys was 32 days but since having Sam they haven't been normal. So I guess it could come any day now or not for a long time :shrug: :dohh:

My goal is to breastfeed until Ben is at least a year so I don't know if they will eventually get normal again while breastfeeding or if I'll have to stop for them to get back to normal.

As for the house hunting; we have been looking on our own a bit but don't even have a pre-approval letter yet so nothing super serious. I just keep seeing housing prices go up and its making me anxious to buy.

heather- pics are so cute!!! your boys are adorable <3 time has really flown by for this pregnancy to me. of course now that im down to the last few weeks its taking forever :roll: im sure its just a test of my patience lol. my goal was to bf mason either until he got teeth and it was painful or he was a yr old. ended up being 19 mos old with several teeth lol.

jordyn- sorry hun :( boo.

Heather, I love all the pics! Jimmy is a big fan of the baby in the mirror too. :) So cute! And I love your hair as well.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you ladies in terms of wanting a third baby but not ready just yet. We made sure to have the first two close together, but I think I want to give my body more of a break between pregnancies this time. And I'm only 32 (almost, at least), so we still have a few years. I've also been more okay with the idea of just having two kids. It's kinda like I'll be happy either way, which is a nice place to be. :)

Jordyn, I sure hope your sinus infection clears up soon. That sucks. And how fun to get puked on. :p Hope tonight is better! Sending sleepy vibes your way.

Well, the exciting news here is that my SIL had her baby yesterday! He was born on his due date too, so that's cool. He is so stinkin' cute. We drove down to meet him, and it was so nice to get tiny baby snuggles when he was just a few hours old. :cloud9:

Tomorrow is my follow up ultra sound for that lump I found in my breast 6 months ago. I can still feel it there, but it feels the exact same. The only change I've noticed is in the shape of my breast, which I know can be a sign of something going on, so I'm going to make sure to mention that to the tech. And also going to make sure s/he knows exactly which lump I'm talking about - there are so many little lumps and bumps in there while breastfeeding!

And here are some recent pics of the boys. :)

Attachments

• 6 months - team canada.jpg
    6 months - team canada.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2
  • Ozzy and Jimmy in the crib.jpg
    Ozzy and Jimmy in the crib.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Ozzy and Jimmy - Team Canada.jpg
    Ozzy and Jimmy - Team Canada.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1
Rachel, cute pics! :flower: Good luck at the ultrasound. I hope everything is okay.

Oh, and I took another cheapie today, because once I get started... :haha: And it had a stupid evap/indent on it, but it was fun to post it on Countdown to Pregnancy and see all the positive votes, anyway. Kind of like pretending it's a positive, when I know very well that it's not. :blush:

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=229569

sorry jordyn :hugs: I def see the line. stupid evaps :( are those brands that way a lot??

Yeah, it happens on occasion, but I guess you get what you pay for. :dohh: honestly, though, it looks more convincing in the picture than it did in real life, and that's never a good sign. :haha:

poo.

DH told me today he is making plans for taking me to a movie for valentines. im so excited. haven't been out to a movie for 6 1/2 yrs, when I was 9 mos pregnant with peyton. we will probably stop for some lunch or dinner as well. I absolutely cant wait. should be a nice last date out before she gets here :cloud9:

Wow! 6 and 1/2 years??? That's crazy! Do you know what movie you'll see?

Melissa, 19 months breastfeeding is great! I would love to make it to 1 year and if its still going well and he isn't ready to wean or I'm not I may continue. Since I didn't get to breastfeed Sam I'm even more proud to have made it this far with Ben! :happydance:

That sounds like such a fun date night. Do you know what movie you will see?

Rachel, I hope that your ultrasound goes well and that the lump is nothing to be worried about. :hugs: Also, I love the pictures of the boys :cloud9:

Jordyn, sorry about AF but at least she wasn't a total surprise!

So in my light of my UN-official :haha: New Year's Resolution to take more pictures this year, here are some more of the boys!

https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zps5bd6e25a.jpg
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zps43918504.jpg

Sam and his friend at daycare :cloud9:
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/null_zpseef2b0a9.jpg

Rachel, I forgot to say that that is a such a nice place to be as far as being happy with 2 and totally okay with it but also open to more in the future!

I sorta feel the same, there is no doubt in my mind that I want one more but seeing how the boys are together and are so happy it makes my heart melt and content with my two but then I go back to the hope of a girl one day and giving the boys one more sibling.

We probably won't try until next year for #3 though. Our goal is for me to work only 2 more years!

Speak of work, have you returned to work yet? I thought I remember you saying you wouldn't until Jimmy was 6 month?

jordyn and heather- I have no idea what we will go see. we wont go to anything that's not pg or pg-13 rated and I don't know whats out right now. most movies nowadays are rated r so that narrows options down quite a bit. cuss words and boobies sell, so its practically in every movie :wacko:

jordyn- yes 6 1/2 yrs lol!!! well to be fair we got pregnant with 3 right in a row so still had tiny ones. the 3 close ones in there are 14 mos apart and 12 mos apart. so between having LO's and being pg again it really wasn't on my mind. busy lol! up til this last mothers day we hadn't been out alone on a date for 6 yrs in a row. crazy to think it was that long, but being busy with LO's I didn't miss it.

heather- you are doing fab! honestly I think I would have went much longer than 19 mos if I wasn't pregnant. he had a night when he didn't nurse from being so tired (we had a party and I forgot to nap him, whoops!) and I decided to start weaning him. if I wouldn't have been half way through the pregnancy I wouldn't have started it. I know there are some women that nurse 2 at once, but it doesn't appeal to me. its hard work to nurse 1 and it stressed me out thinking about nursing him still and a newborn.

Well, good job, Jordyn, with not being all peeing on sticks all the time and taking it easy this time around. Even if AF is here, it's still a victory to have made it without getting all obsessive. :)

Heather, I had told my boss that I would take 6 months minimum, but we settled on me going back between 9 and 10 months. My first day back at work will be May 5th, so Jimmy will be just about 9 1/2 months. He's eating rice cereal like a champ now, so that's good. Nice to know he won't starve when I go back. Ha.

Well, the US went well, I guess. The tech couldn't even find the lump. I guess that's a good thing? Means there's nothing obvious there, but I also kind of want to know that the thing I'm feeling is in fact just a cyst or inflamed duct or whatever. If she can't even find it, then I don't really have a for sure answer, iykwim. Oh well. I'm going to call my doctor's office to make an appointment to go over the results just for my peace of mind, but it really does seem like it's nothing.

Oh! And Melissa, you should go see The Lego Movie! It's PG, and it has 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! I REALLY want to see it; looks like so much fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->