anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

I think so (though they're subject to change at any time if we think of something better. We're keeping the names secret from family and friends until the birth, which makes it pretty easy for us to change it if we want!)

Eden Tamra for girl (Tamra is DH's mother's name)
Ammon Robert for a boy (Robert is DH's grandfather's name, who passed away two years ago)

Melissa, there's a thread over in NTNP for large families, and the conversation about homeschooling came up. Maybe you should pop in and give some advice since you're a pro at both large families AND homeschooling! :flower:

Hey, ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA. Daniel and I have both been super sick all week. I only worked one day (and two hours another day before I went home early) all week. I'm on a second course of antibiotics for my sinuses, so I'm starting to feel better. Still sick, but at least functional.

Jordyn, you look great! And wow, if anything's going to give me baby fever, it's a perfect u/s pic like that! Golly. And yay for remaining team yellow. That's fun! You've got the ultimate gender reveal party coming up! Haha!

Well, you'll all be happy to know that I'll be taking a "just because" HPT on Monday, since that will be two weeks from when we last DTD unprotected. :)

Rachel, I'm sorry to hear that both you and Daniel have been sick all week. :( I'm glad you're starting to feel better, though. I'm also looking forward to this hpt of which you speak. :winkwink: I swear, being pregnant makes me have hpt withdrawls, because I actually found myself wanting to go check out the pregnancy test section at Wal-Mart the other day, just to see what they had, even though there's obviously no reason for me to buy or use one right now. :dohh::haha:

It will be a surprise when we see our baby at birth, but I feel 99% sure that it will be a girl, so I almost wonder why we're even bothering to stay Team Yellow. I thought it was a girl before our scan, but now I really think it's a girl. Check out the 20 week profiles of my kids and tell me if you think the same:

They go in this order: Liam, Alia, and this baby

Attachments

• Liam 20 week scan.jpg
    Liam 20 week scan.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Alia 20 week scan.jpg
    Alia 20 week scan.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Baby #3 20 week scan.jpg
    Baby #3 20 week scan.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2
Interesting! Well, going by head shape, I'd say baby #3 and Alia are a perfect match. but going by the facial structures (nose and mouth mostly), I think Liam's profile matches better. But of course, it could just be that they were being squished the same way during the u/s. Haha! Not sure how accurate scans are at showing features because of all the squishing.

Well, we're both feeling even better today, so we are on the slow road to full health. Phew.

A little update on Jimmy: He's letting go and standing all by himself more and more. His balance is pretty good, he can even turn to the side a little and back to the front again without falling. I think he's going to walk soon! Also, he's been sleeping in his own crib the last two nights! He still wakes to eat, but has been going back to sleep no problem after that. But then he's woken up extra early both mornings, so we bring him into our bed and he keeps sleeping to the regular time. So, that's going really well, I think. :)

Interesting! I'll have to examine their profiles more closely...

I'm glad you guys are feeling better now! Being sick is the worst. Thankfully I've been sickness-free for a while, and DS is finally past the horrible allergies, so (knock on wood!) we've all be healthy for a little while now!

That's awesome that Jimmy is standing up on his own now! We try that with Liam sometimes, but he immediately drops to the floor. I used to think he'd walk way before Alia did, but now I'm not so sure. He has "speed crawling" down to an art now, so I'm afraid he'll think, "What's the point of walking when I can already get where I want?" As long as he's walking by the time this baby is born, though, I'll be okay.

Well, Liam's 1st birthday is this Friday! Since he was born on the 4th of July, we're going to do a patriotic-themed party (though we definitely won't do that to him every year. But this year he doesn't care either way, and it's just easier for me :haha:). I'll make sure to post some pictures after the party. :flower:

So I just got back from Alia's 2 year appointment and Liam's 1 year appointment.

Alia weighs 24 lbs (11th percentile) and is 2ft 9in tall.
Liam weighs 21.5 lbs (29th percentile) and is 2ft 5in tall.

So Liam is catching up to Alia pretty fast! :haha::dohh:

Rachael- so glad you guys are feeling better! cant wait to see the hpt :thumbup:

Jordyn- they all look alike to me! I don't really understand how people can tell from the skull or whatever lol. Liam is catching up to her :D its gonna be sooo exciting to see when he/she is born. love those names, very nice <3

Sorry, no pic of the HPT because it was a very boring BFN. Just look at the last one I posted, this test looked the exact same. lol Oh well.

Tomorrow is Canada Day, so I've got the day off! Yay! One of the donors who gives to the non-profit I work for has invited everyone to their corn maze. There won't be corn, of course, but I guess they have a hay maze set up this time of year. DH can't come because of work, so I'll be taking lots of pictures to show him (and then I can show you guys too!) :)

Jordyn, wow! I can't believe Liam is one on Friday. That sounds like a great plan to have a patriotic theme this year. I'd probably do the same if I had a Canada Day baby. (Sidenote: those holidays are way too close together... I keep accidentally saying "Fourth of July" instead of "Canada Day." My brain can't handle it!) Anyway, looking forward to pics!

And wow, I guess it won't be long before people are asking you if Alia and Liam are twins. :haha:

Yeah, I think once Liam gets a little hair and loses some of the babyish look to his face, I'll probably be getting asked all the time if they're twins. :dohh:

So I feel a little silly for asking, but what is the significance of Canada Day? I mean, what event is it celebrating? The corn maze sounds fun! There's a place here in Utah that does a big corn maze in October and it's so big that they make it into a pattern that can be seen from an aerial view. I look forward to seeing your pictures!

Ha! No worries. I wasn't aware of the holiday until I moved here. It's basically the Canadian Fourth of July, which is part of why I sometimes accidentally call it that. So it's celebrating the day Canada became a country. :)

Here's a few pictures. :flower:

Attachments

• SSL27476 edited.jpg
    SSL27476 edited.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 2
  • SSL27454.jpg
    SSL27454.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1
  • SSL27465.jpg
    SSL27465.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1
  • PicMonkey Collage.jpg.jpg
    PicMonkey Collage.jpg.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1
Rachel, those pictures are adorable! :flower: I guess I figured that Canada Day was like that, but then I thought, "Canada didn't win their independence from anyone, right?" :dohh: It's embarrassing how little I know about our up-north neighbors.

So I'm starting to feel a lot more movement! My anterior placenta makes it so I only feel good movement down by my pelvic bone, but now that baby is getting bigger, I can sort of feel bigger movements under the placenta, or when I'm on my side, I sometimes get kicked just to the side of the placenta.

However, on a not so great note, the contractions are starting again. The Lord spared me from them for a long time, for which I'm very grateful, but I guess He's not going to take it away from me completely, but that's okay. Because it's my second time with an Irritable Uterus, I know what to expect, I know what's normal, and what's cause for concern, so the whole thing is a lot less concerning this time. (Well, I say that now, but I won't be surprised if I'm suddenly questioning whether I'm in labor at some point :dohh:).

I'm still not all that savvy about Canadian history, but no, they didn't win their independence like the US did. They had a very peaceful separation from Britain in 1867 and didn't have their own separate constitution until 1982. Very different histories!

Oh, and I meant to say "boooooo" to your contractions being back. :(

And guess what's back for me? Good ol' af. Mixed feelings about that... Just hoping it doesn't get as bad as last time. I'm going to try to chart my temp, so we'll see how that goes . Totally forgot about it this morning.

On a happy note, I'm posting from my new iPad mini! Got it for free for opening a new bank account. I am pleased. :D

Rachel, that's awesome that you got a free iPad! Not so awesome that you're dealing with AF. :( Although knowing that your cycles are in full swing again will make it more interesting for the rest of us to watch for upcoming hpts... :haha:

So Liam had his first birthday yesterday! I can't believe a year has gone by already. I'll post some pictures from his party. :flower:

Attachments

• Liam's birthday 8.jpg
    Liam's birthday 8.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Liam's birthday 9.jpg
    Liam's birthday 9.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Liam's birthday 5.jpg
    Liam's birthday 5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3
  • Liam's birthday 2.jpg
    Liam's birthday 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Liam's birthday 7.jpg
    Liam's birthday 7.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 3
Omg jordyn I can't believe Liam is a year already. What a cutie!! I sure hope your contractions ease up!!!

Rachel: look at your boys!! Soo handsom. Wow a new ipad that's awsome!!

jordyn- aww yay for turning 1 <3 so cute! stupid contractions :( hope they don't get bad

Rachael- I saw Canada day on my calendar and wondered what kind of holiday it was. sorry af is back, but at least you will have an idea of whats going on now. cute boys <3

as for us, same ol same ol... plugging along as usual. I would like some prayers from you ladies. my oldest, Alyana, has had 2 seizures now. they seem to be related to hormones. she starts her af and feels sick, then has a seizure. don't like it :nope:

Melissa, that's so scary! :( Can the doctors give her something to suppress menstruation, at least until they can figure out exactly what's causing it? She'll be in my prayers. :hugs:

Ah, I really need to catch up! I've been so busy lately but have been trying to read along but never enough time to post.

Rachel, yay for AF being back! It kinda sucks but at least now you can start tracking things. Are you guys NTNP right now?

I love the pictures! I also didn't know the meaning of Canada day. :dohh:

Melissa, I'll keep your daughter in my thoughts and prayers! I hope they can sort it out quickly. How scary! :hugs:

Jordyn, I LOVE the pictures and it looks like Liam had a great birthday. I can't believe our babies already 1 or almost. :wacko: Only 4 weeks till Ben is 1 and I can't believe how fast time has flown. Makes me sad...and your ultrasound pictures and bump pics are giving me MAJOR baby fever! :blush:

Stacey, how are you doing? Is Eva walking yet?

As for us, just plugging along on the house. My parents will be here this weekend till Tuesday. It will be nice to visit with them. They haven't been here since December. I know they are super excited to see the boys!

I just typed up a long post, mostly venting about how depressed I feel right now, and then Liam came over and smacked my computer and deleted the whole thing, which made me just break down and cry for a while.

So here's the gist of it: My SIL and her husband just moved into my dream home, and at the same time my DH tells me that realistically, we'll probably be stuck in this house indefinitely, when it was supposed to just be 2-5 years and then into our forever home. Also, my DH just isn't home anymore. This new job he took is more demanding of his time, so he ends up working about 50 hours a week, plus he has clients on the side that always seem to need some job done, and then his role in our church takes up several evenings each week with meetings and visiting families. And Saturday are a thing of the past. So I just feel like a single mom most days since he doesn't get home until well after the kids are bed. And I'm lonely, and my only real mommy friend just moved. And we have so many freaking bugs in our house that I cant keep up with them, and today I went to hand Alia her doll and it had 4 ants crawling on it's face, and I just lost it. And on top of all this, Liam has been waking up early and not napping so well, so I'm just worn out. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->