anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

skadi- that sounds like what we do here <3

chez- im never right about guessing the gender. pretty much you can bet if i say it, it will be opposite :(

pez- i hope the fatigue passes. not a fave time of mine. any ms yet going on?? :hugs:

Ez, it's a resort, but our room has a full kitchen, living room, and a nice big bathroom with a jacuzzi tub (I told hubby we couldn't make the water too hot because we need his spermies in top condition in case this month doesn't work out :haha:). It was nice to have last night without LO and just spend some quality time with DH. But it was also exciting to see LO today. :)

Ez, was it hard for your sister when you had a child before her? (I ask because my friend is pregnant with her second, and her sister, who is 9 years older still doesn't have children, due to her husband not really being on board, and I've wondered how hard that was for her.)

Pie and Blessed, I love the pictures! What good-looking mamas you two are! ;)

Hiya Girls:flower:
In answer to your question Spiffy my sister took it very well, i just think her younger sister being pregnant speed up her plans a bit more lol. Everyone was always pestering her asking "when are you gna have a bubba?" (esp after she got engaged) and she would just say 'not yet' she was very focused on her career ect. So when i got pregnant i was the 'encouragement' she needed:haha: not in a bad way she always wanted children but her partner dragged his feet iykwim. 4 months after i had my bubba she started ttc :happydance: now were pregnant together its wonderful.

Your mini break sounded wonderful( ooh la la a jacuzzi!:haha:) telling your oh not too hot water in the tub made me chuckle! something i would say aswell lol.

Skadi your bump was lovely and round for 19weeks! wow! Keira definatly made sure the world could see her:cloud9:

Blessed your bump is super cute and neat even full term:flower: does your babies mainly stay in your back then? do you get back pain in your pregnancies? sorry to ask but im suprised how neat your bump is all along!

Pregnancy bumps are just so beautiful n unique dont you think??

To the other girls on this thread i hope your enjoying your wkened! xxx

Skadi, what a beautiful bump you had! I wonder how big it would have been if Kiera had gone full term!

Ez, this little vacation has been great! I'm only 4 dpo, and obviously if I'm pregnant implantation wouldn't have happened, but that doesn't stop me from symptom spotting, so this break has been nice to get my mind of TTC for a little bit. When I'm hope again tomorrow, I'll be 5 dpo, and closer to the point where symptom spotting actually makes sense. :haha:

Ez, I'm glad you sister didn't get jealous when you were pregnant, but I'm also glad that it spurred her to action so that you could both be preggo together. :flower:

Pez, I hope the tiredness doesn't last long. I remeber what a drag that was. I really hope I have a little more energy this time since my LO still doesn't sleep through the night.

ez- my pregnancies are all pretty different. that was my last one. i had back aches when i would do a lot of housework, but other than that i was fine.

nice of you to say it looked neat, but i was huge! just looking at the pic reminded me of how out of breath i got. i usually gain 5 lbs the day i get a bfp, then dont gain much at all til last tri. some of them were really high in my abdomen, or really low. my first got so high i would have to put my arms up just to breath. and my second was so low my legs would fall asleep if i sat for long. my biggest baby i was just huge all around. its crazy how different they all have been :wacko:

Spiffy - Hopefully I find out next time around!

Still waiting.

Wow, Skadi, you must have the patience of a saint! I would have broken down and tested for sure by now! (And I sure hope baby #2 stays tucked away until their due date this time around! :flower:)

Blessed, that's so intersting that your pregnancies have all be so different. I mean, I know everyone always says that, but I always just assumed they meant symptoms and such. I never thought about the bump itself being so different! Mine was a total "out front" baby. Depending on the shirt I wore, it just looked like I had tucked a basketball underneath! Here's a picture of me at 36 weeks (I wasn't able to do a 40 week shot since I had her at 38+4).

Attachments

• (9) Thirty-Six Weekssmall.jpg
    (9) Thirty-Six Weekssmall.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 4
spiffy- oh my goodness, you're so gorgeous!!!! love the bump :cloud9:

yep, they have all been pretty different. im not sure whats worse. up high they are all pushing on your lungs and you just cant catch a breath, not to mention the extra heartburn. down low you have so much extra pressure on your bladder you feel like you have to pee even when you dont, and it takes a bigger toll on your back. my last 2 have been fairly in the middle. a little bit of each, but not extremely bad either way.

Spiffy, I'm having a hard time not symptom spotting this cycle too. I had the slighted bit of cramping today, then I had to tell myself that it could be many other things beside implantation cramps. Trying to stay positive and hopeful while also remaining level-headed is such a hard balancing act.

My belly was also all out front and looked like a basketball. Here's a picture of me and DH last Halloween (around 38 weeks) dressed up like a jack-o-lanterns. This little girl who was dressed in a pumpkin costume came up to me and asked, "What do you have under there to keep it pumpkin shaped?" I told her it was a baby and she kind of just stared at me. It was really cute. :)

The other one was taken underwater when I was just about 5 months. It's the only real 'bump picture' I have. I didn't really want to do the whole monthly bump picture like a lot of women do, but now I wish I had at least taken more pictures. Not for me, but for Ozzy in the future. I think I'll try to make a point of it next time.

Attachments

• Halloween 2011.jpg
    Halloween 2011.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP0029.jpg
    IMGP0029.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1
What a great bump Spiffy!

It's not hard to be patient to be honest. I've had a sinus infection for a few days and trust me that saps any kind of excitement out of you. I was a week late last cycle too so don't really want to get excited in case this is just my cycle lengthening or something.

Awww, you ladies are beautiful... and those bumps? Wow, perfect! :D I don't think I have even ONE picture of me with a bump because I cannot stand seeing pictures of myself (so don't have them taken) and I was a little depressed that I didn't have a beautiful round bump... At least not until MUCH later.

Harley, it could have been implantation, since you were 6 dpo yesterday, right? They always say it happens between 6-12 dpo, so maybe, just maybe! I'm 5 dpo today, and still nothing remarkable happening here. ;)

The story about your halloween costume cracked me up! I had to tell my DH and he laughed, too. :)

Skadi, I'm sure the sinus infection has not been fun, but if it keeps your mind off of being late and symptom spotting, then that's at least helpful. Of course, the sinus infection could also be pregnancy related, since I had headaches and a stuffy nose last time around. :thumbup:

Chez, you should start taking some bump pictures this time. You don't have to show them to anyone, but it might be kind of nice to look back on someday or to show your LO. :flower:

Pielette, have you tested??? I'm so excited to hear a bfp announcement from you!

I don't know if you guys have seen/read this yet, but a friend posted it on fb the other day, and it made me think. Part of the reason I'm determined to get more bump pictures next time around and has also inspired me to want to be in more pictures with Ozzy.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html

Aw thank you ladies. Harley I love the Halloween pumpkins!

Blessed your bumps look so neat! But I'm guessing from what you say they're deceptive :haha: Takes so much out of us doesn't it.

I didn't take many bump pics at all last time chez and I want to change that next time. It's such a shame because it was one of the happiest times of my life so I wish I had been in more pics. Next time! Harley I've seen that too and it really did make me think, I'm hardly in any pics with my monkey man either.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you skadi, you are definitely more patient than me :haha:

As for me, I'm a few days away from testing. I don't have any tests in the house except a couple of clearblue digitals which I'm not going to waste too early. I have some cheapies on the way which should arrive on Friday, blessing in disguise I think because otherwise I'd be driving myself crazy peeing on them and trying to convince myself I see a line :dohh: I actually have NO clue whether I am or not :shrug:

Harley i just read that link and looked at the pictures of some of the mamas with there kids and im now writing with tears in my eyes -so moving, my mum has a picture of when she was 8months pregnant with me and that is such a special picture to us.
Thanks for posting that:hugs:

My OH is a photographer/graphic designer so my pregnancy last time was like our little creative project and we took pics of my bump from the first week of my pregnancy every 2 weeks without fail and would do location shoots(various parks or aganist interesting walls). I also took my own personal pic of my bump in the bathroom mirror at home and in changing rooms when i was trying on new clothes :haha:. I hate pics of myself but We felt it was very importent to keep a record and its so good looking back and remembering. We also had a photoshoot (done by his photographer friend) 6 weeks before he was born of us two and bump and i love, love them photos!!!
This time were doing the same and when i actually get a big bump we will include our son in some of the pictures:cloud9:
Dont be shy of showing those beautiful bumps off and snap away at them ladies because the memories are SO special and just like the article says its good for your children to look back on.:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Blessed like spiffy i didnt even consider that bumps with different pregnancies can be soooo different! Low, high ect ect. thanks for the insight and i still think your nearly full term bump looks cute n neat in that piccie :haha: Dnt know what i will get this time around but im looking forward to it!

Pielette where are u luvvie? Im excited for yours and Skadis up-comimg tests!!!

Im gna post a bump pic when i work out how to do it!
x

Pielette, I'm going to start testing on Friday, too! (I'll be 8dpo, so theres a good chance it'll be a bfn, but hey, I've been looking forward to testing ever since my last period and can't wait any longer than that :haha:)

Harley, thanks for posting that link. I really want to be in a lot of pictures with my LO, but sometimes it doesn't happen because I'm the one always taking the pictures. So we have lost of her and DH together, and very few with me. :dohh: I need to hand him the camera more often. :)

That article was also very touching because my own mom passed away when I was 11 years old, so the pictures that I have of me and her are cherished pictures. Here is one of my favorite pictures of me and my mom. :cloud9:

Attachments

• 002 (7)small.jpg
    002 (7)small.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 3
harley- that was lovely and so true! i still think of my moms smell when i think of her lol. sounds silly. i think a lot about her attributes as opposed to what she looks like. <3

pie- i hope this is it!!!!! :happydance:

as for me, my little guy has been eating a lot of solids. he loves them, but it has made my milk dry up a little. he was trying to nurse for 3 hrs the night before last and there was nothing in there for him. if he was older i wouldnt worry so much. since he is only 7 mos old i dont want him fully weaned yet. i cant give him regular formula, he is allergic to milk, otherwise i would try to switch him over. i have heard some bad things about soy formulas, dont know if its true or not, but makes me want to avoid that as long as possible if i can. also he wont touch a bottle anyways, so not an option as of yet.:(

i was kinda looking forward to getting my cycle back since he isnt nursing as much, but since my milk is being really effected and he doesnt have enough im gonna cut out almost all of his solids. hopefully my milk will increase for him and he can keep nursing for a few more months. with all the extra nursing, im sure i wont be cycling any time soon, but i need him to be healthy

spiffy- that pic of you and your mom is beautiful :flower: so sad to hear she passed away when you were so young:cry:

my issue with pics is more of my kids. i have tons of my girls when they were little. now we use our phones a lot. when we switch a phone we havent printed them so we have to get our old phones out to see the boys baby pics. kinda sucks of us. :wacko: we need to get the camera out more. we have a great camera that we rarely get out. it has hundreds of pics we have never gotten developed :dohh:

Oh, Spiffy, that picture is so beautiful. What a precious memory to have. My own dad died when I was 13, but I feel like I have more pictures of me and him than I have of me and my mom. Probably because my mom is kind of camera shy. I'm not really camera shy, but like you, I'm usually the one taking the picture. I need to get used to asking DH to take my picture more often.

The two picture I realllly wish I had taken are one of me and my super huge basketball belly when I was in early labour (didn't really feel like having my picture taken then, just need to bite the bullet next time!), and one of me and Ozzy in the hospital on the day he was born. Don't know why we didn't get that last one, seems like a pretty typical photo to have. We didn't get one of the three of us together that day either. I guess we just didn't think of it; we were pretty distracted by our brand new baby after all. :)

I'm 7 dpo today, so Friday I'll be 10. I might test that day just for the heck of it. I really wouldn't expect to see anything, but it might be fun to test the same day as you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->