Anyone TTC while breastfeeding want to buddy up?

Welcome jsmum! Congrats on breastfeeding for so long - that's awesome!

Are you charting? My cycles appear to be the normal 30 days but as it turns out I am ovulating late, so my LP is pretty short. I figured that out by charting. Hopefully you are right that your cycles are normal!

thank you for the welcome! i honestly don't know too much about charting :shrug: so i am hoping to learn a lot from you ladies! how do i begin?

Many people use fertilityfriend.com to keep track of charts. It has a lot of helpful information. Basically you take your temperature every morning (try to do it at the same time) and when you see a sustained temperature rise, you know you have ovulated. The nice thing about fertility friend is it will pinpoint the day of ovulation for you, so you know going forward when the best days are to do the deed to maximize your chances of getting pregnant. :)

I would also recommend getting some OPKs if you are not already using them.

Welcome jsmum! Congrats on breastfeeding for so long - that's awesome!

Are you charting? My cycles appear to be the normal 30 days but as it turns out I am ovulating late, so my LP is pretty short. I figured that out by charting. Hopefully you are right that your cycles are normal!

thank you for the welcome! i honestly don't know too much about charting :shrug: so i am hoping to learn a lot from you ladies! how do i begin?

Many people use fertilityfriend.com to keep track of charts. It has a lot of helpful information. Basically you take your temperature every morning (try to do it at the same time) and when you see a sustained temperature rise, you know you have ovulated. The nice thing about fertility friend is it will pinpoint the day of ovulation for you, so you know going forward when the best days are to do the deed to maximize your chances of getting pregnant. :)

I would also recommend getting some OPKs if you are not already using them.

thank you!! i am using opks! and i will start charting, thank you for the advice and support!! :flower:

Hi ladies, I got my BFp! Still nursing, but I think I credit it to night weaning. It was amazing. Sending baby dust!

Hi ladies, I got my BFp! Still nursing, but I think I credit it to night weaning. It was amazing. Sending baby dust!

YAY!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

What method did you use to night wean? I am really ready to try and I think now that my baby is a year she is totally old enough to cooperate but she gets sooooo mad when I try to soothe her instead of nursing.

Thanks! I used the "sleep on the couch many times " method. Lol.

He was sporadically not asking for milk as much around 14months. Then at about 17 months I went out with a girlfriend and decided I could spend the night at her house and OH would take care of LO. He always said it was much easier when I was not around because he didn't want milk. so it was a good night he said, and a few weeks later I began staying on the couch most of the night and he would wake up and grizzle but snuggle in with OH. Then I'd start coming to bed and refuse his asking for milk until 5-6 am. I will still feed him now around 5-6 am. We also feed him a lot right before bbed. Hummus, yogurts, fruits, stuff to try and fill him up.

He still does wake and ask for milk but doesn't get as upset for as long and will snuggle in with me. Still co sleeping. Its like the initial response to having no milk is pure anger, but it lasts MUCH shorter than what I wa dealing with before. Before he wouldn't settle until I gave in. I think his age just helps him understand too. I can say "no milk right now, snuggles." and seems he gets that.

I wouldn't call him 100% weaned, as he still has some nights he asks and whines for it, but it's 98% better than 3 months ago!

I would say the trick for us was me not being right there every night when asked for milk, and a very gradual transition. Although, I wasn't in a hurry. I am sure if you wanted it done quicker, be much more firm than I was. As we gradually did it, I would just go longer. If it was 1am rather than 11pm, I would feed. If he then made it to 2:30 I would let him, etc. Until it became later and later. Some day i'll make him wait until breakfast time maybe or take out the morning one. But right now i'm fine with it!

Oh, also, I was totally convinced that my temps were not high enough for pregnancy. So I guess they don't need to be that high! I haven't taken them in a few days now, but the ending ones were like 97.58F. Which is higher than my cover of around 96...so guess thats all that mattered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->