anyone using a bottle warmer when baby is born?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
like making bottles up and then warming them in a bottler warmer?

Nope. Well...I nursed so I didn't need one but...if you think about it. Breast milk isn't "hot" so why should formula be? Personally I think bottle warmers are a waste. Babies only want what they know so if you just introduce room temperature from the get go then they will not know any difference. Save you having to warm bottles when your out! That's just my oppinion haha

My sister bottle fed and warmed bottles with #1 cause she thought that's what she "had" to do...but with her next 2 she said forget it and they never even noticed a difference!!

They are generally used more to heat bottles from chilled (like in the fridge). But no, they totally aren't necessary. It's basically just a kettle in miniature. Just boil some water in the kettle, pour in a bowl (add some cold water if you need to bring it to the right temp), and warm a bottle that way. That's what we do and it's easy and takes the same time as the bottle warmer would, if not less. If you are making bottles fresh (not from the fridge, which is the recommendation anyway though most people don't do it that way), you'll need to cool then rather than warm them anyway.

That was by far the biggest waste of money for us! It took over a minute to work. In that time you could run the bottle under hot tap water to warm it up! I'd like to throw that thing right in the trash! never again!

We loved ours and still use it often, its each to there own! My DD would take milk piping hot only due to her reflux, our avent bottle warmer allowed us to select how many oz to be heated then beeped when ready. I was hell for putting the bottle in a bowl of water and forgetting then it being scalding hot.....

I personally loved my bottle warmer and wouldn't have been without it. If I'm unable to breast feed again this time I will definitely be using it again

Friends of ours use a crockpot and really like that - they just keep water in it and keep it on low whenever they're home.

We got one about 2 months after my son was born and it did make a big, big difference. It was not that expensive, about $12, I guess, but I was worth the money. We plan to use it with our second baby as well, if he does not want to latch.

Nope, the baby I used to feed would take his bottle straight from the fridge or at room temp. Made it all so much easier!

I just asked myself the same question after hearing many others saying that a bottle warmer is a waste of money.each with their own but I personally will not feed my baby cold formula or food.especially a newborn.I don't like cold food either so why will i feed it to my baby?
Why will I wait for microwave or for the water to boil in the middle of the night when I have a bottle warmer, filled already with warm water because you leave it on,I just put the bottle in and leave it there for a few minutes?I can change the diaper in that time!
Later you can use it for keeping the tea warm or the baby food.I don't like microwaved water or food.
Each with their own but to me the bottle warmer is good thing.And a warm bottle of milk calms a baby's soul and stomach :)

it was one of the only things we didn't use. It used to bubble over and burn me.

this time we will just be using a jug of water if we need to heat bottles, and I will be taking a Thermos out with me when we are out and about.

When I saw what my brother had to go through for his LO (making the bottle, putting it in the warmer, wait for it to get hot, which got SCALDING hot, waiting for it to cool down, and by now, baby is screaming her head off from hunger, and then become more difficult to feed, and because she is now used to 'warm' milk, she wont accept anything else.) I swore I never would use one.

When I was breast feeding, I would just take my expressed milk out and used a mug with hot water... But then I had to switch to formula, Similac Sensitive, which is super bubbly when mixed, and LO has terrible gas, so I saw this baby chef formula maker, and I am so in love with it! Just dump in the water, dump in the formula, and the machine mixes it for you with a 'whisk' and warms it to a perfect 98 degrees with NO bubbles.

Plus, when LO doesn't need it anymore, apparently it's wonderful for making hot chocolate in.... And I love hot chocolate! Can't wait till mama can use it! lol

We used a bottle warmer as I made the bottles in advance and kept them in the fridge. At night I would take my little 'fridge to go' to bed with a few bottles and my tommee tippee bottle warmer was next to my bed. I would warm the bottle to just take the chill off so it was more room temp rather than hot/cold. As baby is only having a small amount in his bottles it would only take a minute and I didn't need to get out of bed and mess around with boiling kettles. It worked for me but may not work for everyone, you'll find your own way of doing things. Good luck. X

I still use my bottle warmer at night for Crystal's 5:30am bottle. I have loved it since day one! You can keep formula bottles mixed for 24hrs, so for night time the bottle warmer is the best invention ever!!! I used to take all the bottles i needed for the night put them next to my bed and have one in the bottle warmer. As soon as she had one bottle, i would just replace it with another one in the warmer and go to sleep. by the time she woke up for the next bottle, i would just take it out the warmer and replace it with another one, and so on...
It made life sooooo easy!!
Def not a waste of money if you value your sleep....

Friends of ours use a crockpot and really like that - they just keep water in it and keep it on low whenever they're home.

I'm gonna use my crockpot as well. I learned that from working in a daycare :)

I'm going to bf, but she will be going to daycare are 12 weeks old. So before then we'll introduce her to bottles of breastmilk and will be using a bottle warmer.

I love my bottle warmer,I use it with my first,no signs of being spoiled there because i feed him warm formula(just stories if you ask me)I use it now to keep my lotion warm:) you could also adjust the temperature so the bottle is not to hot with the time you will know which temperature works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->