Anyone waiting 3 to 5 years?

MrsPuff

Reaction score
I have been waiting for a year already for DH to agree! He started out saying it would be 7 years to start trying! I told him i would not wait more than 3 (depending on circumstances maybe up to 5) He agreed but it still feels like forever!

Is anyone with me? How are you getting by without going insane?

I could (possibly) be waiting 3 years or so...DH & I just had our second DD (well she's 14mos.). I originally thought we'd be done at 2 but now I can't shake this feeling of wanting one more. Anyway, DH isn't convinced yet, although I know he'd love to have a boy. So, unless I am able to leave and be a stay at home mom, we'll have to wait until our girls get bigger so we don't have to pay for childcare for 3 at a time.

My biggest thing right now, is I'm just telling myself not to rush things and enjoy the excitement of WTT/TTC/being pregnant, etc. because this next one would def. be our last.

When I first joined BnB over 3 years ago i had an uncertain amount of time to wait but I knew it would be at least 3 years. My first ever post here is me stressing out because OH wanted to wait a year before even deciding if he EVER wanted kids!! Never mind setting a date. Then 2 years ago we finally decided Autumn 2014 but this was still not definite and in May this year we finally set a concrete date!
The wait has driven me mad at times but it does seem to have gone quickly. We have been in lots of holidays and festivals and we moved to London for 18 months then back again so we've been quite busy. I've been where you are and can tell you it does go quickly! Have you got any goals to hit before ttc?

We have some financial goals to reach. We're also hoping to start/ finish atleast 2 year degrees in college so we'll have pretty good money flowing in. I'm just afraid once we actually get there, he'll still say we need more and more money/time/ excuses. I've told him a million times that there's never a perfect time. It's best to wait, but it doesn't stop me from wanting #1 so badly!

I bet doing all those things together actually helps! I know days feel like they're passing quickly when you have things to do!

DH and I are pretty boring tbh, so every minute feels like an hour!

As of right now, I have no clue when I'll have children. :shrug: I know I want them but I don't know when that will be.

Mrs Puff that was my worry, that he'd find more reasons to push it back, that's why I didn't believe that our autumn 2014 was definite. But it turned out that waiting actually did make him ready and he's now looking forward to it - something I never thought I'd say! Hang in there, it might not even take as long as you think.

Mrs Puff that was my worry, that he'd find more reasons to push it back, that's why I didn't believe that our autumn 2014 was definite. But it turned out that waiting actually did make him ready and he's now looking forward to it - something I never thought I'd say! Hang in there, it might not even take as long as you think.

Can't believe you only have a month left. Are you feeling excited or nervous?

Hi again :flower:

I sat down and had a conversation with DH tonight about whether or not we'd go for #3. He's actually open to the idea :)happydance:) and admitted he'd love to try for a boy (we have 2 girls now)

We are still going to wait probably at least 2 years until we're more settled (we just bought a house) and hopefully can increase our salaries and get some money put aside. Ultimately, my goal would be able to stay home....but we'll have to see what happens.

I at least feel better knowing DH is open to having another as long as we reach our goals! Step 1 down!

Can't believe you only have a month left. Are you feeling excited or nervous?

I can't believe I've only got a month left either! I'm really excited but I'm also nervous in case it takes time or there are any issues. I've been waiting so long it also doesn't quite feel real!

I have another 1 1/2 - 2 year wait ahead of me and I've already been waiting for 2 years, so my wait will total over three years at minimum. It hasn't always been easy. It goes through cycles. Sometime I'm so broody that I can't even stand it and there's other times I'm okay with waiting the couple years and feel like I could handle it even longer if needed. This is one of those points in time where I don't want to wait, though. :haha:

It's definitely helped to try to stay busy and settle on little goals. One of the conditions for me and OH to start trying is for me to be most of the way finished with my 2 year degree. I start in college in 10 days, so I'm moving forward on that. It helps to be working towards my goal and I know that college will keep me pretty busy.

I also feel like my OH is going to keep pushing the date back too. As it stands now, April 2016 is a possible date, as long as our goals are met. I'm scared he's going to change it after and come up with more reasons to wait. But I'm trying to let that feeling go and just hope that he will be ready then.

I'll most likely be waiting 3 to 5 years too. My boyfriend and I havent really spoken about a 'set' time to start trying but I know he wants to be married first and we aren't even engaged yet soo..!

It's tough, especially as I'm so impatient but at least I know we'll both be 100% ready when it does happen :flower:

I have another 1 1/2 - 2 year wait ahead of me and I've already been waiting for 2 years, so my wait will total over three years at minimum. It hasn't always been easy. It goes through cycles. Sometime I'm so broody that I can't even stand it and there's other times I'm okay with waiting the couple years and feel like I could handle it even longer if needed. This is one of those points in time where I don't want to wait, though. :haha:

It's definitely helped to try to stay busy and settle on little goals. One of the conditions for me and OH to start trying is for me to be most of the way finished with my 2 year degree. I start in college in 10 days, so I'm moving forward on that. It helps to be working towards my goal and I know that college will keep me pretty busy.

I also feel like my OH is going to keep pushing the date back too. As it stands now, April 2016 is a possible date, as long as our goals are met. I'm scared he's going to change it after and come up with more reasons to wait. But I'm trying to let that feeling go and just hope that he will be ready then.

Aidensxmomma, you're WTT for #3? I'm WTT for #3 as well...DH & I sat down and had a talk and we're both know we want to have another baby but we're probably going to wait another 2 years or so too. We'd like to find DH a better/higher paying job and get some more money put away first and hopefully figure out a way for me to be a stay at home mom.

Technically, I'm WTT #4 (but my OH's first). However, I lost my youngest to SIDS two years ago, so I only have two of my LOs with me and so my next one will be my third baby on earth, if that makes sense.

My OH getting a better paying job is on our WTT list too. I prefer to be a stay at home mom and we are leaning towards that option, but will eventually have to work out the finances first to make sure we can. I was a stay at home mom with my first three kids and I absolutely loved it. :)

Technically, I'm WTT #4 (but my OH's first). However, I lost my youngest to SIDS two years ago, so I only have two of my LOs with me and so my next one will be my third baby on earth, if that makes sense.

My OH getting a better paying job is on our WTT list too. I prefer to be a stay at home mom and we are leaning towards that option, but will eventually have to work out the finances first to make sure we can. I was a stay at home mom with my first three kids and I absolutely loved it. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your LO! :hugs:

Sounds like we have similar goals before TTC, then! My DH has been an auto mechanic so we're looking to transition into something along those lines but with higher pay if possible (electrician maybe?)...We've been looking into technical programs or other things he can possibly get into...still trying to see what our options are.

I've worked ever since my first was born and have always wanted to be a SAHM, it would be amazing if we could work that out!

So you're working outside the home now?

I'm so sorry to hear about your LO! :hugs:

Sounds like we have similar goals before TTC, then! My DH has been an auto mechanic so we're looking to transition into something along those lines but with higher pay if possible (electrician maybe?)...We've been looking into technical programs or other things he can possibly get into...still trying to see what our options are.

I've worked ever since my first was born and have always wanted to be a SAHM, it would be amazing if we could work that out!

So you're working outside the home now?

Thank you :hugs:

My OH works in a paper mill and is hoping to eventually move up to management or a lead position, which would come with a pay raise and more stability I think. That's good that you and your OH are looking at all your different options that will provide for your future. I know the technical colleges around here offer some really good programs and are usually worth looking into.

I'm not working quite yet, I'm going to school instead. So I guess technically I'm still a stay at home mom, but my kids are both in school full time now. I was working at a daycare as an infant teacher, which I loved, but it definitely doesn't pay enough. So I decided to get a degree instead so that when my future children are in school I"ll have a career to go into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->