Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Thanks ladies. It's amazing to see the baby move. I don't think I can see it often enough! I need ultrasound vision. Did either of you do 3d/4d ultrasounds? I am thinking about pushing for one as a birthday present since my birthday is in July, or maybe we can save up the next few months for one. I would LOVE to have that captured, but then again I don't know what I think about using the money for that instead of other things. I love having memories like that to look back on though.

Thanks ladies. It's amazing to see the baby move. I don't think I can see it often enough! I need ultrasound vision. Did either of you do 3d/4d ultrasounds? I am thinking about pushing for one as a birthday present since my birthday is in July, or maybe we can save up the next few months for one. I would LOVE to have that captured, but then again I don't know what I think about using the money for that instead of other things. I love having memories like that to look back on though.

I did not intentionally get a 3d scan done but while having my anomaly and growth scans i got some 3d images for free from the tech. I think I got one at 20 weeks and a few more at 32 or so. It all depends on the tech and what you're there for etc. Like my doc sent me to a special imaging place for my 12,20,week scans. They determined from bloodwork I needed a growth scan or whatever....I'm struggling to remember really. But anyway I got a few cute 3d images for free. I hope you get some too. If not I hear that the prices aren't too crazy for private scans. I mean a lot of women get them so it can't be all that crazy expensive. I do think it is a good keepsake, but always copy them. The ultrasound paper wears down eventually.

I didn't. My reasoning was that you really get a feel for what your baby will look like from the 3d scan and we wanted to have some sort of a surprise since we found out the gender ahead of time. But I think it would be fun to do and I will def do it next time!

Thanks, I think I am going to try and talk my husband into it. I looked at the prices, they aren't really that bad. They are around $149-$180, for the packages with the DVD of the ultrasound included, which would be nice to show my side of the family, since they are too far away to come to an appointment. Come to think of it, my fertility clinic ultrasounds cost $250 when I was doing them for fertility reasons, so those prices are actually sounding cheap to me... and that is kind of a sad fact.

On another note, week 10 has been ROUGH for me. I think I have been sick everyday, but I am not one to throw up and get it over with, the queasy feeling just kind of lingers. Yall should have seen me trying to chop and cook the garlic and onions that go in my crockpot dish for tonight. I am pretty sure it all cooked itself while I was in the bathroom trying to collect myself before it all burned. That whole cooking ordeal was pure torture, and for some reason, onions are a nausea trigger for me.

The nausea is the worst! I felt so much better when I was around 14 weeks. Hopefully not too much longer until you feel better!

I had nausea from about week 8 to 14 or 16 give or take but only nausea and sensitivity to smell, no vomiting. I think I got lucky. And yes I remember the smell of peppers and onions would turn my stomach and also the smell of chicken cooking. The fridge, although clean, had a distinct odor and of course the garbage can lived on the back porch if there was any food scraps in it. That wasn't the best part of pregnancy but it seems like nothing at all to me now. I hope I have a simple healthy pregnancy the next time around as well.

Michelle those prices don't seem so bad at all. If you can talk your husband into it I think it would be worth it.

Everything is okay here. Just trying to keep patient and calm while I wait for ttc and do my usual worrying. Cait is well, running and climbing all over and saying new words everyday. I can't believe she will be 18 months in a month....time flies way too quickly. Today is cd 8 for me and I'm hoping to ovulate in a little over a week so fx'd. I had better stop stressing though or it may not happen.

I hope you are all well.

Going to work is rough too, this morning I was face down on the bed whining about how I couldn't possibly make it into work. Yet I somehow squeaked through the day. These are the times when I wish I was financially able to stay at home for the next month or two.

So I had my first appointment back at my regular obgyn today. I am so happy to be back with the doctor and nurse that I like. They said they needed to start at ground zero, which means they had to do a pap smear and all the blood work like it was my first doctors appointment, but I don't care, because the nurse also told me that I can feel free to call anytime, for any question I have. I am very excited to have a concerned doctor/nurse team. He was genuinely happy to have me back, and pregnant. I didn't get an ultrasound this time, but I did get to hear the baby's heartbeat, it was 170bpm. Hearing the heartbeat is enough for me to know everything is ok. I get to go back and have an ultrasound on May 21st for the down syndrome screening though, so I will get to see him/her soon enough.

I am glad you are back at your regular dr where you are happy and comfortable. Can't wait to hear about your next scan and see pics. We need a bump pic soon!

So exciting, Michelle. Glad you are feeling cared for and more comfortable. Can't wait to hear updates.

Rachel I hope you are doing well also!

All is well here. It's cd 29 or 30 today. Wondering if af will show up soon. I'm not sure when or if I o'ed. I thought I had o cramps on cd 21 but really not sure.

All is well here. It's cd 29 or 30 today. Wondering if af will show up soon. I'm not sure when or if I o'ed. I thought I had o cramps on cd 21 but really not sure.

Fingers crossed you did O when you thought. Hopefully next time you ladies ttc, yall won't have to wait 6+ months for it to happen. TTC nearly drove me insane, which is why I took so many breaks. I am not a patient person when it comes to waiting to become pregnant. For that matter, I am not patient while I am waiting to see if my child is still healthy and growing either. Which is out of the norm for me, because I am actually a very calm and patient person when it has nothing to do with my future child.

Side note to my earlier post, I am nervous and wanting my appointment on Wednesday to hurry up, because my doctor told me to get off metformin right away. Also, I was taking baby aspirin, for fear that blood clots might have caused my previous miscarriage, and my doctor told me to get off that as well. Both pills I was told to stop cold turkey, and I trust this doctor, so I actually listened to him. Now I am scared that stopping the two pills will cause something awful to happen. Fingers crossed the babies little arms will be wiggling away again like last time I saw him/her. Something tells me in my gut the baby is a fighter and here to stay, but that stupid negative voice in the back of my head keeps me from being 100% sure that all is okay.

I took baby aspirin too and felt the same way when I stopped it (which was around 11 or 12 weeks). And everything was fine! I also was on a progesterone supplement and was nervous to stop that as well. I know how you are feeling but it will be ok :)

Cd18 here and no pos opk yet :nope: I don't understand how/why I had 2 or 3 perfect cycles and now back to this. I'm not happy with my body right now. It kind of makes me want to just start trying now because I don't know how long it's going to take. I'm sure all the stress about not ovulating isn't helping me either. I so wish that I could temp but I don't sleep very well at all so I don't think it'd help. Got to try and relax, I suppose.

Michelle I know you are worried, but try to relax. That voice in the back is just there protecting you from anything that could possibly happen and it might be there throughout the whole pregnancy or forever...but just because it's there doesn't mean it will happen. Hang in there! I hope you get to see your wiggly baby again soon.

Rachel I hope your cycles normalize as well. It's so frustrating when ttc is coming up soon.

I hope all is well

I hope you o soon! How long was your last cycle? I may attempt to temp this cycle but not sure how accurate it will be since I wake sometimes at night.

I ended up having another 31 day cycle. So all 3 have been the same length. I am pretty sure I o'ed on cd 23 the first two cycles based on cm and cramping. I wasn't sure this cycle but I think it was cd 21 and if that's the case my o day is earlier and my lp lengthened. I am hoping my o day continues to get earlier. That's why I want to temp so I know for sure when it's happening. I can't believe I had 3 cycles in a row the same length. That hasnt happened to me my whole life aside from being on the pill.

I took baby aspirin too and felt the same way when I stopped it (which was around 11 or 12 weeks). And everything was fine! I also was on a progesterone supplement and was nervous to stop that as well. I know how you are feeling but it will be ok :)

I didn't know/didn't remember you took baby aspirin too. That makes me feel better. I still feel plenty pregnant, and I haven't spotted at all, so I feel like everything is okay.

How are you ladies about being able to go back to sleep? I fall back asleep pretty easy most of the time, so I would set my alarm early in the morning at like 5:30am (or earlier if yall need too) to take my temp, then go back to sleep. That way I take it at the same time every morning, and if I actually get up that early, it isn't thrown off. If I have time to sleep later than that, I have already taken my temp, so I don't have to worry. I just keep the thermometer right there by my bed, put it in my mouth with my eyes closed and when it beeps, I enter the temp in my phone app, then go right back to bed. I don't know how that would even work with kids waking you up all the time, but I am sure I will be finding out in a few years... Temping is so difficult to stick to, I enjoyed my many months off from it when I took breaks!

I am going to have to take my temp at 5 am because dh gets up that early sometimes to go workout. Sometimes I can fall back asleep easily and sometimes I can't. I am just a restless sleeper and wake periodically, toss and turn, ect. I am not going to temp the whole cycle I will probably wait until cd 15 and only take it until I confirm o.

I got a near pos opk yesterday at cd20. I think this cycle will be the same as the last, which was 35 days long with o around cd22 or so. I'll be alright as long as it doesn't go past 35. Oh how I miss my 29 day cycle.

Michelle, I would love to temp. The last time I planned on temping I kept forgetting as my mind is always on the baby and I've become forgetful. Mommy brain, I guess. I am a terribly restless sleeper since Cait was born. I wake at all hours just to listen for her and on nights when I sleep she sometimes wakes up and I wake when she cries.

Dh really wants to ttc. Yesterday we dtd and we were not careful at all, no protection. So with ovulation being today or tomorrow we have a pretty good chance. We were going to wait until July but I guess that has gone out the window. Besides, if getting pregnant is anything like last time, it'll take a while. I am kinda hoping I don't end up pregnant this cycle because I am in a wedding in June and my dress is already tight. Either way I will be excited though of course...

I hope all is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->