Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Ohhh how exciting that there is a chance you will be pregnant this cycle!

I agree, that would be exciting if you got pregnant this cycle. I magically fell pregnant the first time we started to try again after 9 months of taking a break, so I know it COULD happen. Like you said though, it could take a few months, so I don't think starting now is such a big difference :)

So I went in for my nuchal translucency screening tests yesterday, and I got to see baby again! At first it looked like the baby was taking a nap, but then the ultrasound tech started making me laugh by telling her to roll over and quit being stubborn. As soon as I started laughing the baby woke up and started to move like crazy and she wouldn't stay still. She was sucking her thumb, bouncing around, rolling over, and arching her back. I had to try and stop laughing to make her stay still enough for them to get three good measurements of the back of her neck. The reason I keep saying her, is because they THINK it's a girl based on the, "angle of the dangle rule." Since her private parts are facing parallel to her back, rather than poking out at an angle, they are thinking she is a girl. Of course it isn't 100% yet, but the lady that does all the blood work at that office says that the ultrasound tech has a really good track record of being right about the gender, even this early. We shall see! Of course I am not buying any girl stuff until the next time we get to take a peak at her gender and make sure nothing is poking out to surprise us. Here are some of the pictures they gave us. You might have to save and rotate the pictures, for some reason it loads then sideways, and they look kind of confusing from that angle.

12 weeks  3 days scan1.jpg

12 weeks  3 days scan3.jpg

So while last time I thought I would be adding a boy to this thread, this time I never could really tell, and the only thing that pushed me a tiny bit to the girl side, was the high heartbeat. The first visit it was 170bpm, and I thought, MAYBE it could be a girl. Then this visit it was 160bpm, and the ultrasound tech said, "It LOOKS like a girl!"

Eeek, Michelle! What a beautiful little baby! I wouldn't buy anything pink until 16-20 weeks and it's confirmed but there is a good chance if tech took a guess. Congrats! I will say though that Cait's heartbeat was always on the low side so if I went by that I would have guessed boy, but no techs were taking any guesses for me early on either so I had to wait. Around 10-12 weeks I changed my mind from boy and thought maybe a girl and I was right! If you are thinking girl...she might be! I'm so happy everything is going well for you!:happydance:

I've definitely ovulated so now I guess I'm in a two week wait of sorts. I'm not really expecting anything but I'm not going to say there isn't a little part of me hoping. I'm still really worried about fitting in my dress for the wedding in June. Not so much because there is a possibility I will be preg, because I doubt I'll be showing much by then, but because the dress is still just a tad bit tight and I do not feel motivated to diet or exercise lately. I've just got to keep it off a few more weeks. It seems that I can lose weight no problem if I don't need to but when I have to I don't want to! lol. Anyhow I had a doctor appt with my family doc next week to ask for bloodwork to make sure I'm healthy to ttc and I'm going on a day trip with some friends. I'm excited and hoping to keep busy and keep the weight off. I have the baby to chase after anyway so I should get some exercise.

I hope all is well!

Sounds like you had a great time at your scan! How exciting that they think it's a girl. It's so much fun seeing them move and so weird how they move that much and you can't even feel it yet. Cute scan pic!

I will be awaiting your news of a bfp or bfn in a couple weeks!

Time is flying by so fast, on Sunday I will be in the second trimester! I scheduled a private gender scan for Saturday, June 14th, I will be 15+6, but they said that one day short of 16 weeks was okay, as long as I have a really full bladder. I just can't wait until 20 weeks to find out for sure if baby is a girl or a boy. It helps that I found a place that does the gender scans for only $70, ( or $85 for a quick 3D glimpse thrown in). Considering I did all that fertility testing with multiple ultrasounds that were about $250 out of pocket, I think $70-85 is really good.

Hope you ladies are doing well.

Doesn't time fly, Michelle? Just wait until your child is born. It flies even faster. I know it's hard to believe but you'll see. Very soon :thumbup: That's great about your scan. I'd say it'll probably be pretty accurate at about 16 weeks. And I agree. It's a great price!

I'm about 7dpo. No signs really but I didn't really expect it. I did go to my family doctor today, for a regular checkup, and I had a fever! My doctor suspects a UTI or something so I have to give a urine sample and get some routine bloodwork done on Friday. So I'll be ready to ttc if everything comes back alright. Excited and nervous.

I hope all is well!

I have a surprise for you ladies! I braved a bump picture finally. I figured a few days away from 14 weeks is long enough to wait. So here is my 13 week 4 day bump picture. I can't believe I am clearly showing so early.

13 weeks 4 days bump cropped.jpg

So my family just texted me and told me they think my mom had a mini stroke again, but they don't yet know for sure if it's a mini one, or a full blown stroke. DH is an hour and a half away at his parent's lake house, so now instead of taking 2 and a half hours to get to my mom, it's going to take 4+ hours, especially since he was at Walmart with his cousin when I called him. I am trying to not think about it and just tell myself it's a normal happy visit to see my side of the family. I can't deal with any of it the way I know I normally would, because I have to switch my stressful emotions off for the baby's sake. I had a bad feeling this might happen again while I am pregnant. I have to be calm and normal, because I know my mom would be devastated if anything happened to the baby.

I am sorry to hear that Michelle. :hugs: I hope everything is ok I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts.

Looking forward to hearing about your private scan. Your bump is so cute!!

Steph- I hope everything turns out normal at the dr so you can start ttc soon!

Michelle, I'm really sorry to hear that and I hope your mother makes a speedy and full recovery. I know it's hard not to be stressed. My grandfather had a major heart attack when I was pregnant and I was terrified. I just hope that things will be good for you and your family and you can try to relax. Easier said than done, I know. :hugs: for you.

It's Monday morning, so no news on my bloods yet as I had them done friday. I'm hoping that things look good but I also get some answers. Either way I hope it's nothing that will postpone TTC.

I hope all is well.

So I am back home again, my mom is doing better, she is still in the hospital, but my husband couldn't take anymore time off. She is less confused, knows what is going on most of the time, and knows who everyone is, but she still isn't 100% in control of her speech. She has to think really hard about some of the words that she wants to say. They are still running test to determine what happened, they THINK it might be small seizures in her brain that cause lapses in time. We will see after all the test results come in. I just tried to treat it like a normal visit, even though we spent 98% of those three days up at the hospital. It made me feel less stressed to be there and see and hear everything for myself, then to sit at home and only hear the few things that my dad actually manages to remember. It was good to get to spend time with my parents, even though to my mom it was only one day that she got to hang out with me.

Af arrived yesterday, so no baby for me yet. And although I didn't have a ton of PMS and period symptoms beforehand I am feeling sooo exhausted today. I even feel a little bit foggy, like spacey. And in the mood for junk food now. Meh, it just wasn't our month. I can still have a March or April baby. I'm happy with anything but another in December. 2 kids birthdays and Christmas would NOT be a good thing for me.

I hope everyone is well.

Yes, I am glad my baby isn't going to be a Christmas baby, but it is going to fall on or in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I still have a holiday baby.

My mom is doing better, she is walking around and everything. There were too many things going on at once for me to ever be satisfied with their diagnosis, none of it makes sense to me. They have her on blood pressure medication now, and something else, and are going to do a sleep study on her in about a week to see if she has sleep apnea as they think it's happening in her sleep.

On another note, 5 days until my doctors appointment where I get to check the heartbeat again, and nine days until my gender ultrasound! Fingers crossed that all went well with the nuchal scan and all the news is good news. Everyone at work keeps telling me I am having a boy, and when I went to a nail place get gift certificates two weeks ago, the lady asked what I was having, and when I told her that they think baby is a girl, she looked like she highly disagreed.

Michelle I'm glad you mother is on the mend and I hope that her doctors are doing the right things for her. I know it must not be easy not being there with her. Hang in there. I hope everything goes well.

Everyone insisted I was having a boy. I thought so too, at first, and low and behold a girl! It can go either way at this point, Michelle. I'm sure you'll be happy with either gender. A healthy baby is most important. I'll be waiting to hear about your appts.

I'm still just exhausted and have no energy. The weather is a bit cool and gloomy today so I'm sure that isn't helping. Cait is well. Getting very big and very smart. Talking up a storm, new words everyday.

I hope everyone is well.

Glad to hear your mom is improving Michelle. I am looking forward to hearing about your next scan!

That is exciting that Cait is learning new words every day. Shaelyn is still inconsistent. She knows mama and dada and has said it to us but doesn't do it every day. We are pretty sure she says kitty but she doesn't quite say it right. I think she says more than we can understand yet lol.

Aww :) I can't wait until my child starts talking, but who knows what crazy things he/she is going to repeat.

When yall were pregnant did yall carry high, or low? I think the reason everyone thinks I am having a boy, is because I am carrying low.

Aww :) I can't wait until my child starts talking, but who knows what crazy things he/she is going to repeat.

When yall were pregnant did yall carry high, or low? I think the reason everyone thinks I am having a boy, is because I am carrying low.

I definitely carried very high. But I also stuck out really far and my belly was super round so everyone guessed boy. I also got fat in my butt/ back area. The weight has come off but I still have a pouch that will not quit. Anyways...I can't wait to find out what you're having! Exciting! I want another baby so badly!

Mine it 18 mos old today! Getting so big and smart and just driving me crazy, lol. Love it but I want one more little bitty newborn. Come on ovulation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->