Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

I am so sorry to hear that :hugs: it may have been a chemical like you are thinking. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that next time it is a sticky one.

And I love the new pic too, she looks so grown up!

I had positive tests from July 9th to July 14th and I stopped testing because I was worrying myself. Today my test at the doctor's office was faint. So faint that the nurses told me it was negative but the doctor looked at it and said there was a line. My appt was at 9:30 this morning. Then I got an ultrasound and they saw nothing aside from a few small cysts on my ovaries. He said that occasionally the baby will be absorbed. So that was his first thought. However, now that I'd started bleeding (spotting at 4:45 and bleeding at 8:30) I think it's definitely a chemical. Of course I'm kind of upset but all I can do is hope that the next pregnancy has a better outcome.

Yes, Rachel. My little girl looks like such a little lady. I can't believe she is getting so big! I bet Shae is growing like a weed too!

I hope you're all well!

You seem to be handling this well which is good. It is not easy to deal with. I am sure your sticky bean will be here soon.

Cait has such long hair, I love it!

Thanks, Rachel. Her hair can be a pain to maintain though. You know toddlers...

Don't get me wrong, I have cried like a baby. But I don't want to dwell on it. I really wanted that baby and knowing that I'm not going to have it is heartbreaking. I had done so much worrying though that I had prepared myself, the best I could for this situation. I almost expected it. Already having Cait bouncing around is a blessing and I have to keep my spirits up for her.

I spoke with the nurses at my doctors office today, to let them know I had started bleeding. She informed me That my blood results were in from yesterday and that my hcg was 12 and my progesterone was 1. She said the doctor will talk to me about progesterone supplements on Wednesday when I go back to see him. I'm kinda worried but I'm keeping off of google and all that and just hoping for a stickier next pregnancy.

So they think the progesterone levels may have been your problem? I had borderline low progesterone so to be safe my dr put me on supplements when I found out I was pregnant.

I am sure it helps having Cait around to keep your spirits up. Just try your best to stay positive that your sticky bfp is around the corner. Let us know what the dr says.

Remember, just because this happened this time, doesn't mean that it's going to happen the next time you get a bfp. I was terrified after having to say goodbye the first time, and I thought it would happen over, and over, but luckily the second time was the charm, and she is growing strong and wiggling her butt off in there at week 21. I think it's great they are watching your progesterone though, I was worried about that being my problem too. The fertility clinic monitored my progesterone once a week until about week 10 of my pregnancy just to make sure I didn't need any extra help.

So I had more bloodwork and a follow up with my doctor today. I'm officially no longer pregnant. He doesn't think progesterone is an issue for me, maybe just with that pregnancy in particular as he said it may have just been an unhealthy one and he doesn't want to jump to conclusions. But to ease my mind, and his, i have a slip for bloodwork to go in whenever I get my next positive test so they can check my levels straight away and early. I'm nervous and worried to start ttc again but I'm hoping that after this cycle I'll be ready.

Now all I have to do is hope that my cycles behave...I don't know what the odds of that are but I'm hoping everything goes well.

I hope everything is well with everyone!

Glad your dr is playing it safe with you. I hope you get your sticky bfp soon!

Coraline are all well and good over here as far as I can tell, she is still wiggling around in there.

I agree with your doctor, sometimes things just don't match up right and our bodies know quickly that it isn't going to be a healthy viable little one. I know It's very hard to deal with still, even that early on. I just had to keep reminding myself that all the DNA just didn't match up right, and it wasn't the right sperm and egg. It was very hard to try again, but I knew that it could, and would result in a healthy pregnancy at one point or another, so I had to carry myself on, no matter how terrified I was of actually seeing another bfp. I know it will happen for you too, and I'm sending baby dust and thoughts of good luck your way!

Well today is my first af since my chemical and we'll be trying again soon. AF was a day or two early but I'm not too worried about it. Maybe I ovulated the day of pos opk or something like that...

Anyway I hope everyone is well!

Glad to hear you will be trying again soon, I will keep my fx'ed for you!

I am temping right now even though I wake up at least a couple times a night it seems to be accurate enough to show when o'ed. I just want to make sure my lp has lengthened because the cycles when I was still nursing it was only about 8 days. So far I am 11 dpo and no af so it seems stopping nursing made things normal again, yay! I am hoping my o day doesn't get any later than it is now which is cd 22. I can handle a longer cycle as long as it is consistent. We will start ttc around mid November or so, I am excited but also nervous because the thought of juggling two kids scares me, I have enough trouble with one. But I want her to have a sibling so it must be done.

Hope things are well with you Michelle!

Yay, maybe yall can join me at the end of my pregnancy, and then make me miss the tiny baby stage once Coraline is starting to crawl and walk. Hopefully yall can start of a round of boys this time, there seem to be A LOT of ladies having girls. We need some boys now :)

I would love to have a boy next so we can have one of each, we are only having two kids no matter what. But of course if it's a girl that would be great too, I am sure Shae would love to have a baby sister :)

Oh yeah, and I'm doing well. I have my next appointment September 8th, and I will be 28 weeks. I get to have another ultrasound, to check on her growth. I think that is because I was measuring ahead at my 24 week appointment. My fundal height was already 28 when I went to my 24 week appointment. Also, I had on some really heavy shoes, and drank a TON of liquids to be sure I could give a pee sample. Those two facts added 5 and a half pounds on to my actual weight, and now my doctor thinks that I gained a ton since he last saw me four weeks ago. I weighed myself the next morning, and I was back to a normal weight gain range. I think the doctor is worried I might have GD, but he didn't voice that concern. I have to do the GD blood work before my scan. Hopefully all is well, but I have cut back almost cold turkey on my sugar intake. I think I was taking advantage of the fact that I was gaining weight at a perfect rate, and using that as an excuse to eat like crap and enjoy my candy and sweets way too often.

Good luck with the gd test! I failed the first one and had to take the 3 hour test but passed that one. Not fun sitting at the lab for hours lol. I am sure you will do fine :)

The thought of 2 is a bit scary, but I've always wanted more than one and Cait needs a sibling. I'm both excited and nervous to try and this period is awful. I'd love to have a boy but at this point a girl would be easier, so I'll be over the moon with either.
Michelle, I gained 8lbs at one of my appts and my doctor was floored. I did have a very full bladder though and at my appt the day before, at the ultrasound place I was 6lbs lighter. I think it was their scale and my big full bladder. I'm sure you'll pass the gd test. No fun, but necessary.

Eek so nervous.

Af showed today so that makes this cycle 33 days long with an 11 day lp. Not ideal, I think 12 days or more is better but it's a big improvement over the 8 days it has been. Maybe next cycle is will get longer.

:thumbup: baby steps. Ovulation is a good thing, and it's all better than the extra long cycles we had before we all got pregnant the first time. Hopefully it will all fall back into place little by little.

Cd9 and just waiting to ovulate. Should be between cd16 and cd20something. Hopefully. I'd really like to have it happen quickly but I know better. And I won't get my hopes up and will surely be nervous but I'm also excited and really anxious. Ah the joys of TTC. I didn't miss it at all!

I hope you ladies are doing well!

I hope you get your sticky one this time. Keep us posted!

All is well here. Still tracking my cycles and hoping they stay a reasonable length so ttc isn't too hard this time around. A few more months and we will be ttc. I am nervous but excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->