• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

There is hope ladies. I stopped in march and so far this cycle, although I O'd cd20 I'm 11dpo. Last cycle only 7 LP. Hoping i've turned a corner.

Also a TTC buddy of mine O'd CD27 from post BCP and got her BFP. You can get pregnant with these crazy cycles.

Good luck.

I do! I was on the depo shot for 1 year. The last shot I got was in august 2010. It lasts 3 months so it should of been out of my system LAST november! I started my period for the first time coming off depo thios past May and that period lasted me all month! I had no period this past june. But had a normal period in july and august. Now its november and I haven't had a period since august. And all HPTs and blood tests are negative! :( me and my husband have been ttc since March 2011 and no success! So don't worry girl! I know exactly how u feel!

Good luck and I hope u get your BFP soon!

i am in the same boat, depo injection for a year came off dec 10, periods crazy until sept, started ovulating last month, AF came this morning! obviously depo still not out of my system.:growlmad:

Gia, ImSoTired, and Rachel-

Since stopping the pill I have had CRAZY acne, tons of bloating, and recurring sore boobs. This does suck. I am being treated for the acne by and aestetician and at least that is helping. The bloating is crazy. I have also been trying to lose weight (I am <10 lbs overweight) and haven't been able to lose an ounce since stopping.

I tried the provera/progestin and no AF but I do have horrendously sore boobs, and a large amount of bloating. I haven't been temping so I am not sure if I am ovulating. Started temping this Sunday (which is when my AF was supposed to come after the provera).

Any advice from anyone? I have heard mention of several vitamin supplements (fertilaid, vitex, Vit , Soy...) which do you use and why?

I wanted a :bfp: by Christmas :cry:

I use vitex and B complex. Both are to regulate hormones and don't act as an artifical pseudo hormone. I also take a good prenatal.

Fingers crossed it seems to be working.

hey girls...my doc just perscribed me bc to get my body to ovulate agian. he said im having anovulatory cycles...sucks..depo is what i had taken...one time over 6 months ago...still messin with me..

so for the next three months im already out....praying that in three months well- four months ill get my BFP after taking this bc pills....

eegrl- Is the esthetician helping you any. My dermatologist flat out refused to help me because he said the only products that will work for me are not safe for a pregnant woman and he knows I'm ttc. It is just so embarassing to walk around with acne!

n gods hands- I hope the bc works for you to get you started again. Good luck!

The esthetician is helping quite a bit and she is just the sweetest. I have been having the very large cystic acne, due to hormonal imbalances. I visited a doctor and they told me the same thing. I think it will also really depend on your esthetician, you can't go get a frilly relaxing European Facial and thing its going to help, you need to get down into the pores and really clean them out.

I have a very strict regimen!

Hydro facial w/extractions- Every week for a month, then every two weeks, then every month once it calms down, currently I am going about 3 weeks in between sessions and have having few breakouts.
*although last week I had a chemical peel, as I new I was not pregnant- I would highly recommend this if you know you are not currently pregnant (such as on or right after your period). It helped a TON just one treatment has cleared problem areas where they just kept coming back, for instance on my chin and right between the eyes, where I constantly had a large painful zit one right after another.

Vitamin C Cleanser (I forget the brand)- This cleanser is safe for pregnant women and is amazing. The key to keeping our acne at bay is to keep the pores as clear as possible so the oil that will inevitably build under the skin can escape and does not clog and cause infections/acne.

Agera Lyzomal Anti-Bacterial Gel - For a moisturizer, has an antibacterial agent and is safe for pregnant women.

Agera Oxy Infusion Cream- For treating breakouts overnight. This stuff is amazing, it zaps them right away!

Agera Soothing Conditioning Mist - for keeping the pores open and clear.

I know its alot and it hasn't been cheap (or pain free- those extractions hurt!), but this is REALLY helping. I can finally go without makeup and not feel bad about myself after months of dealing with this acne!

I would encourage you to contact someone, maybe a medical spa. Try to find someone who really knows how to treat problem skin, specifically hormonal acne.

The esthetician is helping quite a bit and she is just the sweetest. I have been having the very large cystic acne, due to hormonal imbalances. I visited a doctor and they told me the same thing. I think it will also really depend on your esthetician, you can't go get a frilly relaxing European Facial and thing its going to help, you need to get down into the pores and really clean them out.

I have a very strict regimen!

Hydro facial w/extractions- Every week for a month, then every two weeks, then every month once it calms down, currently I am going about 3 weeks in between sessions and have having few breakouts.
*although last week I had a chemical peel, as I new I was not pregnant- I would highly recommend this if you know you are not currently pregnant (such as on or right after your period). It helped a TON just one treatment has cleared problem areas where they just kept coming back, for instance on my chin and right between the eyes, where I constantly had a large painful zit one right after another.

Vitamin C Cleanser (I forget the brand)- This cleanser is safe for pregnant women and is amazing. The key to keeping our acne at bay is to keep the pores as clear as possible so the oil that will inevitably build under the skin can escape and does not clog and cause infections/acne.

Agera Lyzomal Anti-Bacterial Gel - For a moisturizer, has an antibacterial agent and is safe for pregnant women.

Agera Oxy Infusion Cream- For treating breakouts overnight. This stuff is amazing, it zaps them right away!

Agera Soothing Conditioning Mist - for keeping the pores open and clear.

I know its alot and it hasn't been cheap (or pain free- those extractions hurt!), but this is REALLY helping. I can finally go without makeup and not feel bad about myself after months of dealing with this acne!

I would encourage you to contact someone, maybe a medical spa. Try to find someone who really knows how to treat problem skin, specifically hormonal acne.

wow, you are really working hard on your skin! I will look into it. Thanks!

It was so painfull I could hardly talk some days!

Guess it should have been the first sign that somehting was wrong with my cycle and that I was going to have trouble ttc.:growlmad

It was so painfull I could hardly talk some days!

Guess it should have been the first sign that somehting was wrong with my cycle and that I was going to have trouble ttc.:growlmad

So what do you think it was that made you break out? A hormonal imbalance because of going off of the bc?

So what do you think it was that made you break out? A hormonal imbalance because of going off of the bc?

I think so, I haven't had a period since going off of the pill and my face exploded with acne. I have also had the worst symptoms! sore bbs, bloating, irritable, cramps, etc off and on. I don't know what is going on.

I had some tests done a week or so ago (progesterone, estrogen, thyroid, pituitary) and they all came back ok. I did 5 days of 10 mg 2x/day of progesterone. That was supposed to make me have a period 5 - 7 days after i finished it. Today is day 7 and no period. I do however have all the symptoms (sore bbs, cramps, bloating, irritable) today.

I am going to order an OPK or two on Amazon today (they are super cheap there) and I started temping Sunday.

Obviously something is wrong, just not sure what. I have an appointment with my OB/GYN Friday to talk about the progesterone challenge and the results. I am trying to prepare an army of questions to ask her!

Any advice? Questions of your own?

Gia, ImSoTired, and Rachel-

Since stopping the pill I have had CRAZY acne, tons of bloating, and recurring sore boobs. This does suck. I am being treated for the acne by and aestetician and at least that is helping. The bloating is crazy. I have also been trying to lose weight (I am <10 lbs overweight) and haven't been able to lose an ounce since stopping.

I tried the provera/progestin and no AF but I do have horrendously sore boobs, and a large amount of bloating. I haven't been temping so I am not sure if I am ovulating. Started temping this Sunday (which is when my AF was supposed to come after the provera).

Any advice from anyone? I have heard mention of several vitamin supplements (fertilaid, vitex, Vit , Soy...) which do you use and why?

I wanted a :bfp: by Christmas :cry:

I have been on prenatels since June, my dr. suggested I started them 3 months before stopping BCP. I started drinking grapefruit juice this cycle because I did not notice much of fertile CM last month. That is all I am doing. CD 27 here and no signs of Ov. I temp and do OPKs. This is so frustrating, I am really starting to get angry. I am about to just give up and whatever happens happens. I hate feeling like this. I also really wanted a BFP for Christmas. Looks like because of the stupid BCP or my body it is not going to happen :cry:

I am strongly considering trying soy next cycle if I can ever get to next cycle...

eegrl- I've had periods since coming off of bc but I missed a period in august and now I have completely bypassed November. Not fun. I ordered my opks off of amazon but I haven't used them yet. The are nice and cheap. I am also going to get my bloodwork done and I'm hoping that everything is ok and whatever is wrong is fixable. It sounds like maybe your af is on the way and I hope that it is. I hope I get mine soon also! I would just make sure you ask if there is anything you could do to get your cycles back to make it easier to conceive. I had better get questions ready also for when I go to the doc. Good luck and keep me updated, because it sounds pretty similar to my situation. I hope it works out!

Rachel- I'm sorry that you are so angry and upset -so am I. Who would of thought it would be so difficult to conceive? It's definately not what they taught us in sex ed. I know that soy is supposed to make ov better, but how do you take it, when, etc?I'm interested in finding out more about it. I wanted my bfp for Christmas also. Maybe I will get one for valentines day? Good luck and :dust: to everyone!

I have heard really good things about soy. I am just starting to read about it but I know you take it like clomid. You take it either CD2-6, 3-7, or 5-9. I am not sure what days are better though and why and can't figure out how much to take.

It your cycles are out of whack I'd be weary of trying soy before B Complex/Vitex.

Soy doesn't help regulate hormones. Although I'm not a soy expert.

B complex/vitex seems to have sorted my LP. 12dpo and counting.

Ok done a bit more reading and definitely don't recommend soya for post BCP irregular cycles. Unless a last resort after trying vitex/B complex.

There is a lot of negative press and research out there about soy (phytoestrogen) and oestrogen dominance. As long term BCP use can cause oestrogen dominance I don't think it is a wise approach.

I haven't managed to read enough to explain it all but I HIGHLY recommend you do plenty of research before trying soy.

Ok done a bit more reading and definitely don't recommend soya for post BCP irregular cycles. Unless a last resort after trying vitex/B complex.

There is a lot of negative press and research out there about soy (phytoestrogen) and oestrogen dominance. As long term BCP use can cause oestrogen dominance I don't think it is a wise approach.

I haven't managed to read enough to explain it all but I HIGHLY recommend you do plenty of research before trying soy.

I was going to say the same thing, before you try anything (including vitex) make sure you are not ovulating. Soy and Vitex and other Fertility Aid vitamins can overstimulate your ovaries if you are ovulating, thus causing more problems than solving, you can see just by reading Amazon reviews of these products. Just because you haven't had a period or aren't having regular periods doesn't mean you can't or did not ovulate.

After talking to my doctor a couple weeks ago, the FIRST thing to do if you are suffering from post pill amenorrhea is a progesterone challenge (basically you take progesterone for 5-10 days). You should definitely call your doctor if you haven't had a period for 3 months. As far as irregular periods, I am not sure. I would think the first thing to do is to determine if you are ovulating by temping, checking your CM and OPK's and stay in touch with your dr.

I would encourage all of you to at least contact your doctor/OB/GYN (or their nurse) and if you don't like what they tell you, get a second opinion. Just because one doctor says it, doesn't mean that all doctor's will tell you the same thing.

I did the progesterone challenge last week(haven't had a period since the 2nd week of Aug) and FINALLY started my period, at least I have somewhere to start!

Good luck!
:hugs:

Vitex is fine if you're ovulating but not if you have regular cycles. It doesn't act as a hormone so doesn't over stimulate the ovaries. It works by supporting the pituitary to help balance the hormones.

https://www.fertilaid.com/vitexagnuscastus.asp

I do! I was on the depo shot for 1 year. The last shot I got was in august 2010. It lasts 3 months so it should of been out of my system LAST november! I started my period for the first time coming off depo thios past May and that period lasted me all month! I had no period this past june. But had a normal period in july and august. Now its november and I haven't had a period since august. And all HPTs and blood tests are negative! :( me and my husband have been ttc since March 2011 and no success! So don't worry girl! I know exactly how u feel!

Good luck and I hope u get your BFP soon!

Damn depo!! i hate it i stop in dec 2009 and went on yasmin.

it totally screwed me up and only now getting back to regular cycles!!

I was actually taken off depo my doc!

they dont tell u that when u start taking it but they've done research that suggest women on depo for more than a year are more likely to develop brittle bones!!

will NEVER go near depo again and would NEVER suggest it to anyone!!!!!

that was a good vent sorry gals!! :haha:

xxx

Thank you for your input, I will probably stay away from soy for now. My concern is how late I ovulate. I read if you ovulate too late your egg quality deteriorates and your uterine lining is no good so it significantly decreases your chance of getting pregnant. Now I don't know what to do :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"