anyone with isofix and britax car seat.... we made a boo boo

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
put it in place and it all locked in perfectly but we cant work out how to get it out so car seat is stuck in the car.

anyone got one and can tell me how to work out how to get it out lol.
x

i have britax seats for older 2 and there are red bits either side of the car seat where it locks onto car chassi that need to be pushed in towards the back of the actual seat od the car as if you were going to push them down the side of the seat kind of thing. Not sure if it will be the same principle or not. xx

Hmm! I have a mamas and papas seat and at the top at the back there is like a pull up handle type thing which releases it from the isofx! not sure if they are different for different car seats mind :p! Happy removing :D x

I'll go check my manual.....
okay...

Push the grey release button (at front of base) lifting the infant carrier at the same time.
If you want to remove the base:
Fold back the support leg
Push the green safty button and the red release button ( at the side of the base next to the seat back) on the two locking arms and push towards each other. The locking arms then release.

This is the online manual...see page 23/24

https://www.britax.co.uk/uploads/user-guides/8.pdf

I bought the Babysafe SHR for an extra tenner so its easy to remove lol

I'll go check my manual.....
okay...

Push the grey release button (at front of base) lifting the infant carrier at the same time.
If you want to remove the base:
Fold back the support leg
Push the green safty button and the red release button ( at the side of the base next to the seat back) on the two locking arms and push towards each other. The locking arms then release.

This is the online manual...see page 23/24

https://www.britax.co.uk/uploads/user-guides/8.pdf

I bought the Babysafe SHR for an extra tenner so its easy to remove lol

Thats the one i have the babysafe SHR ok so when i can be bothered to go out in the cold i will try and work it out lol. THANKS!!!!
xxxx

Hola, as far as i know you press the one of the top buttons on the handel in first and hold it down then at the same time hold the button underneath in. That should release it from the pram and maybe the ISO fix aswell??

I'm planning on buying the britax vigour when the new colours come out in february and the SHR plus too. Let me know how you get on with it. Some practical feedback would be useful before we go and spend all the money xx

Hola, as far as i know you press the one of the top buttons on the handel in first and hold it down then at the same time hold the button underneath in. That should release it from the pram and maybe the ISO fix aswell??

I'm planning on buying the britax vigour when the new colours come out in february and the SHR plus too. Let me know how you get on with it. Some practical feedback would be useful before we go and spend all the money xx

I obviously havent used baby in it but OMG its so easy to use! Once you know lol.
My mum is as thick as they come and even she could work it out!
Its a breeze to push too!
x

I havent used mine properly yet but so far I'm impressed, its super easy, feels really sturdy - good value for money as I got a hundred pounds off mines from kiddicare.com
I bought the vigour 3+ and the car seat and isofix base. I didn't bother with the carrycot as the main pram lies totally flat and with the footmuff/apron thingy its pretty much a pram body anyway and I've got the carseat for when she's tiny. I'm going to get some sort of support/inner pram body cover or make something to bulk out the pram itself so she's cosy if I'm out for a while and want her lying flat as she could be a bit lost for the first few months in the pram itself.
I'd definatly recommened it based on what I seen so far.

I got mine at the baby show got the carrycot, car seat and the one withthe footmuff for £350 and then got the isofix thing from ebay for £40!

heres mine mines the vigour 3 too!

I love it!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=10039801&l=2a014b4a63&id=786540236

Brill :) Britax isnt very well known (well i didnt know about it) but I really like how versitile it seems. Its good to hear other people think so too. Theyre briniging out a green in February and baby is due in March so i think we will buy it then!
xxxxxx

Brill :) Britax isnt very well known xxxxxx

I think thats quite funny because I did a lot of research into prams when I was looking for mine and wanted to go with britax because they started business in the 1930's making automotive safty equipment then moved onto child safety seats in the 70's which is approx when the first 3 point harness safty seats were invented. I feel pretty safe knowing that the companies history lies in automotive saftey and being one of the first to manufacture child safty seats and not in making a collection of baby related stuff into a shop.
:kiss:

Brill :) Britax isnt very well known xxxxxx

I think thats quite funny because I did a lot of research into prams when I was looking for mine and wanted to go with britax because they started business in the 1930's making automotive safty equipment then moved onto child safety seats in the 70's which is approx when the first 3 point harness safty seats were invented. I feel pretty safe knowing that the companies history lies in automotive saftey and being one of the first to manufacture child safty seats and not in making a collection of baby related stuff into a shop.
:kiss:

yep sounds like they know their stuff. Having a good safety record is a massive plus....but as a first time mum its not one of the ones you see much out and about Quinny and Bugaboo seem to be everywhere (though personally theyre not for me)! Its hard to know where to get your info from when you dont have kids.

they have won loads of Which? awards too!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->