Anyone with low, slow rising hcg go on to have a healthy pregnancy? ?? I need hope

giggly_gurl88

Reaction score
So on the 26th I took a pregnancy test and saw a super faint line on a cheapie, ran out and got a frer, same thing, super faint line. Got betas done on monday late morning. Results came back at an 8. Dr wantes to repeat just a little over 24 hours later because I am high risk for tubal pregnancy due to having two surgeries on my tubes and scar tissue. So a little over 24 hours later, my levels were a 10. My period was due yesterday and hasn't started yet, just some normal cramping. I know they should have waited 48-72 hours to repeat that beta nut I am freaking out. Levels that low that are not exactly doubling just do not seem like a good chance for bubs at all :( did anyone have low, slow rising numbers like this and go on with a healthy pregnancy? ??

no experience with getting my HCG levels checked. But are they having you repeat it again?

I just had them repeated so they can compare to the first one. Then if no bleeding between now and then, and as long as the number isn't lower than yesterday, then I will have another one next week on Wed and every week after that until if/when there is enough hcg to see something on a scan. I'm a wreck. My head is foggy, idk what to think. A big part of me wishes I never would have had my levels checked in the first place

head up! They do mess with your head. I have my FX for you hun!

I just had this happen to me. Unfortunately I did miscarry. I had a suspected ectopic in 2012 so I was getting betas done. My first was 5 at 18dpo then 12 48hrs later. The highest I got was 79 then I started the actual miscarriage. I hope that's not the case with you and you have a healthy baby :) best of luck.

I just had this happen to me. Unfortunately I did miscarry. I had a suspected ectopic in 2012 so I was getting betas done. My first was 5 at 18dpo then 12 48hrs later. The highest I got was 79 then I started the actual miscarriage. I hope that's not the case with you and you have a healthy baby :) best of luck.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and share your story. This is my biggest fear. I am exactly 4 weeks today based on my lmp and technically my number is still in the range but super low so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I will hopefully have a better idea of what is going on when I get my beta results from today this evening

HCG has to start somewhere! its hard to say since your second draw was so close to your first, I hope your next draw gives more hope!

I agree with pp, I'd wait for your next draw, if you had waited 24 more hours the level 8 could have very well have doubled! Don't give up hope yet!! Best of luck!!

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Unfortunately, my first draw on monday was an 8, a little over 24 hours later it was a 10, then a little over 48 hours from the first one, it was back down to a 9. I should expect the bleeding to start any time now.

Thank you everyone. I really wish I knew what to expect. I know the bleeding should start but how long should it take? I have not started bleeding yet and I do not even feel like I am going to?? I am so confused. An ultrasound would be pointless because with hcg at a 9, there would be nothing to see. If i do not start bleeding by wed of next week, my dr will repeat the beats. this is so hard

I was bleeding and spotting from the beginning but with my first i took methotrexate and the bleeding starting within a few days. I just got my first period after this miscarriage and it took about 4 weeks. Depending on how far along you are you might see clots and gray/purple tissue. I'm so sorry you're going though this. No parent should have to.

I'm sorry to hear this. I never had betas drawn to monitor my pregnancy but I had a Chemical prior to this one and I assume it could have been like that. At least when I went in for the bleed my hcg levels were already under 5 and nothing was to see on a Ultrasound.
With a Chemical your body might ovulate again right away. I conceived over a week after the miscarriage started. So if you are ready it might be good to know your body's hormones weren't all that much affected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->