Anyone with tsh 5.1 and ttc

Pearly86

Reaction score
Anyone with tsh 5.1 and. Ttc my doc told me it's not a problmatic figure no problem but if I'm ttc it's better to lower it anyone knws anything m too scared to start medicine f thyroid as I have heard once u start u get hooked to it and I don't want to hook to any medicine my whole life

Hello, don't be worried about taking medication. If you have an underactive thyroid then the medicine they give you is only the same hormone that your body isn't naturally producing enough of. It is impossible to get hooked on it as it's only replacing your natural levels. Having your thyroid out of whack can present problems in pregnancy so it would be better to get it sorted although it sounds as though your levels are not too much out of normal range if your Dr is happy for you yo go ahead without medication. Does it cause you any problems with symptoms?

Thanks a lot for yor reply dear, m not having any stmptoms but yes I'll give my background as to what's happening
Yes we have been trying from past one year but last year my weight gained and I got pcod which within three months I got rid of by losing weight and improving my diet,
So we started ttc from march 2013, and I was already 61 kg by then and got pcod my period got longer but in nov 2013 I found out I have pcod so doc told me to go for lifestyle change and that time I got my thyroid check as well it was 3.4 so she said it's fine , by feb 2014 I lost 8 kgs and got myself to 53 which is my current weight right now and got myself checked again and pcod got over since April we states again ttc but it's been 3 months no result yet , but ever since march 2013 I also got something which was like lightheadedness so I thought it's because my period is wacky that's why but once I got over my pcod and period became regular still I was feeling same so I thought of getting myself checked again and this time I found out my b12 is v low and also she checked my thyroid as well and it came out to be 5.1 so that's my history till now do u guys see any symptom regarding thyroid?

My TSH never gets below 4. I'm on medications, but they don't work well enough. My RE wants it below 2 for TTC. The meds aren't bad, and I suggest them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->