Anyone work for the Co-op?

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an interview next wednesday for a position as a customer service assistant (check out girl lol). I saw the ad in the window & filled out an application form. The manager has rung to say i have an interview :) but that there have been roughly 45 other applicants already :( So i really want to stand out.

What sort of questions do they ask? Is there any kind of assessment? What should i wear? Im worried i will feel daft turning up at my local shop very smart. Do i need to take any documents? (She didnt tell me i did over the phone, & i forgot to ask!)

Thanks in advance for any advice or experiences shared!

I dont work for co op but i am a store manager and do interviews.

Allways dress smart - it give a good impression, your trying to sell yourself. If you cant be bothered to impress to get the job im worried about your work ethic

Do some background check, find out some info on the company (when it established, num of stores etc) look like you want the job.

It doesn't matter what you'd wear for the job, always dress smart for the interview. It shows you've made an effort. I don't work in retail anymore but used to, and I interviewed as a retail manager and would've been put off by someone dressed casually as if they can't dress smart for an interview what else can't they be bothered doing? It doesn't need to be an expensive suit, just look like you've tried really.

Documents - if you get offered a position you may need to show your passport or other id as part of proving you are UK citizen or have a work permit. Doubt you'd need it at the interview but no harm having it in your handbag. Maybe take a copy of your cv

Prep - look online and find out what you can about the company. Think of examples of good things you've done in previous jobs or outside of work that show specific skills like initiative etc. Think of a couple of questions you could ask, good ones are things like what type of training, what are job prospects longer term like developing to get promoted etc.

I worked for the coop when i was at uni - the interview was quite informal but i still dressed up for it, just smart trousers and a blouse kinda thing. They will mainly want to know about your customer service experience - how you have assisted someone with specific needs, what you would do if a customer got angry and kicked off at you, what you would do if someone asked you for help with xyz. The coop also has quite a strong brand image, find out about what a cooperative is and the coop card/members, if you are asked why you want to work for them talk about them as a cooperative vs a plc and their commitment to fairtrade.
Good luck, honestly most of it was just stock interview questions or customer service based scenario 'what would you do' type questions so just try and have some rough answers planned and you'll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->