Apgar Scores

EmSmith1980

4 plus 1 on the way
Reaction score
This will probably sound ridiculous, but are apgar scores different for premature babies? Do they take the fact that they are premature into consideration?

Anya was born at 23+6 and her scores were 6 at 1 minute and 8 at 5 minutes. Xx

It is the same for both.

They are great Agpar scores. Holly was 1 and Rebecca was 4 at 1 minute.

Yeah that's why I asked. My other 3 big healthy full termers were 9 at 5 mins I think. I'll need to dig out their red books. xx

reece was born at 25+6 he was 3 at 1 minute and 5 at 5 minutes x

Preston's scores were ridiculous. They put him I think it was 4 1min...he was blue but then at 5min they put him at a 9! I have pics from that entire time and he had pinked up a little but had purple lips and feet and wasn't breathing well...9??? Makes me mad because they then left him with us for an hour while he struggled to breathe and turned more and more blue, he was then taken to their NICU and put on CPAP which wasn't enough and he was transferred and put on a vent, eventually with nitric, which he remained on for 8 days. If they had really done their job right and paid more attention he wouldn't have had to suffer for that hour. I was shocked when they told me later they had marked him a 9.

My preemie was born at 34.4 and had scores of 9 and 10 which i was surprised and impressed by! X

It depends... My 29 weeker was 6 and 9 I think, though they are definitely scewed, as he was on cpap by 1 min and vent by the other one!

my little monkey was 8 then 9, couldnt believe it, he was screaming but did then have to have cpap etc, just seems rather high scores for a baby 10 weeks early!

Makes you wonder exactly how they grade it with preemies. Anya was 16weeks prem and to be graded at an 8 after 5mins when she was vented for over 5 weeks, doesn't make much sense. That's why I wondered if it was different. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->