Aphrodite...Conceiving Tigers in 2010 - 17 Graduates so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ladies!

The scan went well - although baby was sleeping, so not as exciting as our 12 week scan. The doc did measurements of baby's head, tummy and femur bone and said that it's gonna be a big baby (and that he wasn't surprised looking at the parents!) lol. He's given us the option of having a 4D scan, so next Wed we're going to have that done - sooooooo excited!! I wonder if we will be able to find out the gender!

Nicole, I'm so glad your MS is gone - it must be such a relief!

Taebo - I was wondering how you are feeling in general after your surgery - it must be a relief not to have the attacks that you were having in the past - is everything ok with your heart now?

Sweetmama - sorry you're out :( I so want the rest of you ladies to get your BFP's soooonnn!!! :hugs:

And, in other news, Chia and I are meeting for afternoon tea tomorrow!!!

That's so exciting that you and Chia are going to meet! Glad the ultrasound went well, make sure you post the 4d pics, they are always so amazing! Just being curious, but how much is a 4d scan in Hong Kong? How's your pain?

Idk when I will get a BFP since I broke up with BF

Shey - Sorry to hear.

Nicole - glad your MS is finally waning, I can't believe you are already 13 weeks, seems like just yesterday you were announcing your BFP.

Joli- that's awesome baby is doing well. Can't wait to see your 4D u/s pics

how weird, i quit getting notifications of post so didn't know so much chatter was going. how is everyone?

Hey Nicole - so Chia and I met, she is of course lovely! The 4d scans here cost HK$1000 (which is about US$128). I know it's expensive, but I think it will be totally worth it - plus I think I should be able to claim it off my insurance! I don't know if it will be too early to see baby's face, but hopefully we can find out the gender! The back pain is still really bad - on Fri night I couldn't walk at all, and was numb all the way down my right leg to my big toe - but after 2 hours of physio and some swimming, I'm able to hobble around on 1 crutch! - what a sight I am! haha How are you feeling now that all the MS is gone? you must feel wonderful now! Are you getting a bump yet? I seemed to pop out at 14 weeks.

Sweetmama - did you get a LV handbag? Lucky girl! They are crazy for LV here in Asia - but you can get some really really good fakes in the market, so lots of us go shopping there! haha Maybe a real one one day...!

Shey, sorry to hear you broke up - how long had you been with bf?

Nevertogether - the thread did totally dissapear, seems like lots of girls haven't found it since...!

Joli was with him for a month and found out he was a scam artist. he sent me a fake check

omg, Shey, that's terrible - please don't take this the wrong way, and kindly just take it as helpful advice - but it sounds like some of the bf's you have had recently are not particularly nice, and from what I can see on your profile pic, you have a gorgeous son - maybe you can just try to focus on your little boy and let the right man come into your life rather than going out to look for Mr. Right, then you can ttc #2 when you're both ready for it. I'm sure you already know this, but you want to ensure that you have good male role models in your life for your son, and I'm sure you want him to have a younger brother or sister with a man that you truly love and want to build a family with. I know this is kinda old fashioned, but they say love finds you when you least expect it and when you stop looking for it - so focus on your life and your little boy's life, and the rest will fall into place! :)

Joli - No I got some LV sunglasses, and in a couple weeks I'm getting an LV wallet and some keychains from dior, chanel and LV. I also got a Chanel makeup bag today! I can't afford a handbag from LV they are like $5000 lol

that's awesome Sweetmama - sounds like you're very well connected!!

sweetmama - i'm going to send you my address, please send some my way. haha j/k girl.

joli - i actually managed to lose it again, lol! but found it again. sheesh.

got two sexy outfits last night for DH's visit :dance: can't wait! i'm CD10 today and according to my ovacue fertility monitor i should O on CD14. if that's the case, i'm two days earlier than before. i took soy to increase my egg quality, and well i guess it bumped o up too. no biggie. :shrug:

hope everyone is doing well!

Sweetmama--Sorry the witch got you! On to next cycle! :dust:

Chia--Good luck next cycle! :dust:

Nicole--Yay! Happy to hear you're done with throwing up! Good luck with the house and job.

Joli--4-D scans are awesome! I'm sure you'll see a beautiful face! How neat that you and chia met, face to face. I really hope your pain subsides! You asked about my heart: it's doing great! I haven't had a single episode while working out, and I've been doing some very strenuous workouts. Praise God!

Nevertogether--Sexy outfits are so fun! I can't remember when your visit with hubby is?? Good luck!!:dust:

Shey--I just want to say that I totally agree with Joli about putting TTC on hold until you're in a committed relationship with a man who deserves to have you and that adorable little boy. I think you have such an intense desire to have another cutie (I can soooo relate), that your main focus isn't on the goodness of the man, but just on his willingness to provide some swimmers. I hope you won't take what I'm saying the wrong way, because I have been in a similar situation and can relate. I was once a single mom and was okay with just focusing on him...until my son was approaching his 2nd birthday. Up until that point I hadn't dated since his father (who I left early in the pregnancy because he had become abusive). Suddenly, I was READY to find a man to share my life with. Thankfully, having my son really made me up my standards. I was out to find a man who was worthy to be in my son's life. I dated my son's neurologist (my son was born with Hydrocephalus, but he is fine!) and even he didn't measure up. In the past, I would have ignored the flags and just continued on with that good-looking man and hope he would "Change" later on.

I prayed for God to send me a GOOD man. A couple days later an old friend called me. We had grown up together. I met him when I was 8 and he was 12. We dated when I was 18, but he was in the military and stationed in another state. So we wrote a lot of letters and he visited as often as he could. But at 18, I wanted a guy who was around. So I ended the relationship. Here he was, 5 years later, calling me and he was IN TOWN and wanted to see ME!! To make a long story short, we were engaged pretty fast! LOL. Then during a visit with my gynecologist, I learned that I might need an additional surgery in the future that could make me unable to carry a pregnancy to term. So in a RUSH to have a baby before the opportunity was gone, I convinced my fiance to TTC before the wedding. So he came into town and we sort of did the deed--it's a bit of a story, but let's just say you wouldn't expect to conceive. Anyway, when he got back into town he called me and broke up with me. I was stunned! This was the sweetest guy in the world. He just had sex with me and he was breaking up with me? Needless to say, a couple weeks later I discovered I was pregnant. I believe he just got scared because things were moving so fast. I didn't tell the jerk I was pregnant until I was about 4 months along. This was such a painful time in my life. And I put myself there! And I was putting 2 kids through it because of my bad choices. I felt terrible!

I eventually did get back with the father, and when our baby was 6 months old we got married. We've been married for 13 years. He has turned out to be a terrific husband and father. BUT this isn't usually how these stories turn out! I spent much of my pregnancy crying. I hated the idea of having 2 kids without a father. But during the couple of weeks after DF had broken up with me, and before I knew I was pregnant, I had mentioned to friends that I should just go to a sperm bank. But when I found out I was pregnant, the reality of it set in. It's really not a good idea to purposely create a child who will be without one of his/her parents. I then couldn't believe that I had so frivolously thrown out the idea of getting donor sperm (not that I would have done that, but my desperation made me say it...and who knows where that desperation may have led me).

Shey, if you make a child with someone who doesn't love you, isn't committed to you, chances are he'll leave you once you're pregnant. Please want better for yourself than that! You deserve better, and so does that boy of yours.

By the way, I never needed that additional surgery--so the RUSH was for nothing. Wow, I didn't realize I was going to tell such a long story!

Ladies, please pray for my sister. She is 12 weeks pregnant and she started bleeding last night. We spent the day together yesterday. I feel bad because we did a lot of walking. Today, the bleeding has picked up some, but it's not heavy. She is a nervous wreck!

Blessings to all!

OOPS! I forgot to ask....

Britt--How the heck are you? How did IUI go? Stop all this suspense and let us know!!! : )

Hey Gals... am back... sorta... still in HKG, but at least with some time and internet connection!

Taebomama - here's lots of sticky dust for your sister! Really hope that by now everything is a - okay again!

Nicole - yeah to no more MS!

Nevertogether - Go get the eggy gal! Hopes are up for you!

Sweetmama - That's a nice amount of shopping. Good for you!

Joli - Was really cool meeting up. Really hope that the pain goes away!

Shey - Think Joli and TBMama have pretty much said what i would want to say.

Britt - Can you please please please update?

that's awesome Sweetmama - sounds like you're very well connected!!

LOL yeah I guess you could say that. I'm excited to get more.

sweetmama - i'm going to send you my address, please send some my way. haha j/k girl.

joli - i actually managed to lose it again, lol! but found it again. sheesh.

got two sexy outfits last night for DH's visit :dance: can't wait! i'm CD10 today and according to my ovacue fertility monitor i should O on CD14. if that's the case, i'm two days earlier than before. i took soy to increase my egg quality, and well i guess it bumped o up too. no biggie. :shrug:

hope everyone is doing well!

LOL I wish I could send you some stuff, if I could afford it I would :D

Hey Gals... am back... sorta... still in HKG, but at least with some time and internet connection!

Taebomama - here's lots of sticky dust for your sister! Really hope that by now everything is a - okay again!

Nicole - yeah to no more MS!

Nevertogether - Go get the eggy gal! Hopes are up for you!

Sweetmama - That's a nice amount of shopping. Good for you!

Joli - Was really cool meeting up. Really hope that the pain goes away!

Shey - Think Joli and TBMama have pretty much said what i would want to say.

Britt - Can you please please please update?

Yeah it was a fair amount of shopping.

Shey- I agree with the other ladies. My baby is from a guy I had a one night stand with, he's not a very nice person, has said some REALLY AWEFUL things, and its not something I'm proud to say that my son is from a a one night stand. But having said that, I was just really down on myself, I had just come out of a relationship where my ex had beat the ever living crap out of me and almost killed me and I wanted to know that I was still attractive to someone. I definitely think that its better to wait for a man that is worthy of you because no child should be without their father, and I see my son and how he's going to grow up and not know who his dad is because his dad is very selfish and I would not recommend it for anyone. I'm definately not saying this to be mean though and I can understand the need and want to have a baby again and I'm very lucky to have found a man who accepted me for me while I was pregnant with another man's baby. And I can't thank God enough that he sent me someone so open to being a daddy to my son. It wasn't planned that way but it happened that way.

Taebo and Sweetmama - thanks for sharing your stories with us, both stories quite honestly have brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine the pain you both must have been through, but how blessed you both are to have your little ones! You have both moved me, and I think your advice is fantastic for any girls out there who might be reading our thread!

Taebo, I'm so so happy for you that things worked out in the end with you and DH. I have just said a little prayer for your sister - I hope it turns out to be nothing too serious, I have heard that women can often bleed at 4, 8 and 12 weeks (which happened to one of my pals here, and she is due to have a baby boy in 1 weeks' time!). I am keeping my fx'd for your sis!

Chia - you're sooo lucky to have all this nice weather in HK at the minute! I'm so annoyed I'm stuck in the office whilst it's gorgeous outside!!

Nevertogether - awesome that you got some sexy outfits - I'll bet that since you two haven't seen each other in ages, the outfits won't be on for long! :rofl: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"