App results vs OPK help

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

I'm actually really scared right now about telling my parents. I live in there house and can't work because of my cognitive disorder. My dad gets angry and really fast and says things that hurt. I've been with my SO for a very short time and I'm afraid that my dad is going to flip. He looks at the down side 90% of the time, so I'm very scared and stressed. Last month when I thought I was pregnant I told my mom and she took really well, let's hope she still does.

I keep telling myself that I'm 31 years old and need to stop living for what they see is right in their eyes. I have always been a people pleaser to try to keep peace, but I'm very afraid of telling them.

On a happy note, I told my man that he's going to be a daddy and he was over the moon about it. He was so excited he called his mom and told her right away, she is really happy and understanding. That made me feel good. Let's hope my mom and dad think the same...chances are no.:cry:

what symptoms did you have? I read the beginning part of this thread where you werent sure which to go by (opk/app). Did that make a different in the end you think?

what symptoms did you have? I read the beginning part of this thread where you werent sure which to go by (opk/app). Did that make a different in the end you think?

My symptoms have mostly been tender nipples, cramps (mild to moderate), and waves of feeling queasy. Just in the past few days ve started getting tender breasts that feel very squishy and swollen.

I was having quite a bit of spotting.
6-9 DPO Mild spotting never reached the pad.

10 DPO No more spotting...or so I thought.

11 DPO had spotting late at night after sex, I noticed the spotting right after sex and became extremely on edge and panicked. Did some research and found out that when you're pregnant your cervix can bleed very easily. Right there I started to think there was a great possibility I was pregnant.

12-13 DPO I was extremely sweaty from hot flashes and a spike in my temp.

14 DPO I got my BFP! But I had a scare last night, I had a sudden onset of feeling horny, and because my SO is on the road I had to take manners into my own hands. All I did was stimulate the clitoris what brought me to an Orgasm, and right after that I had spotting again...Grrrr.

15 DPO Today I still have a little spotting, it's light though, having some cramping (but I have been cramping since O anyway) did a dip test this morning and my result was a little more faint than yesterday. When I tested yesterday it was @ 1:30 pm ( that was my first BFP and later did the CB digital that said pregnant) sonI decided to test again, and hour later then the previous day, and it was just a hint darker than yesterday.

So it's safe to say it's been one heck of a week. Definitely been walking on egg shells and still am LOL. But I guess if the test line is getting a tiny bit darker each day I guess I'm good. FF was a big help once I figured it out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 4
Oh honey. Hugs. Don't be scared. I would tell your mom first and she if she can help you tell your dad/ has any advice if you think she will take it well. Just remember that however your dad reacts, be it positive or negative, it's just because he loves you and cares about you and doesn't want you to have a hard life. So try not to take it personally. He will come around in time. It might be a while, but he will come around.

It's great that your partner is supportive. Is living with him a possibility? You learn a lot about your compatibility living together, and (to overstep my boundaries) that's something you should figure out before baby comes into the picture. Moving in with baby is going to be a lot for him to take in all at once, so if you can spread it out that would be best.

Beautiful lines btw

Oh honey. Hugs. Don't be scared. I would tell your mom first and she if she can help you tell your dad/ has any advice if you think she will take it well. Just remember that however your dad reacts, be it positive or negative, it's just because he loves you and cares about you and doesn't want you to have a hard life. So try not to take it personally. He will come around in time. It might be a while, but he will come around.

It's great that your partner is supportive. Is living with him a possibility? You learn a lot about your compatibility living together, and (to overstep my boundaries) that's something you should figure out before baby comes into the picture. Moving in with baby is going to be a lot for him to take in all at once, so if you can spread it out that would be best.

Beautiful lines btw

Thanks for the caring words girl, you're always so sweet to me. I know that he will eventually come around. It's just stressful to think of how they will take it.

We had actually talked about getting apartment together before I found out I was pregnant. So he is looking into apartments/rental homes. I completely understand where you are coming from. Fortunately, he is the oldest of all his siblings, and had to become the man of the house when his father passed away. Especially to his now 8 year old sister. He helped his mom take care of her during that difficult time, so that's a plus that most guys don't have to encounter in their life. He is super stoked and said he already wants to start getting prices of things and writing down what we like and such...yep he's that excited. I'm playing it cool and trying not to stress too much. He is a sweetheart and is always checking in on how I'm feeling and reminding me to rest.

I was hoping my lines were looking good. I had a temp drop today though, but I got terrible sleep last night and I read that the hormones don't help with the temps going haywire.

Yeah, I don't recommend continued temping once you pass AF due date. Just because, like you said, temps can go haywire and cause unnecessary stress. So I vote retire the bbt. :)

I hope he can find something soon! He sounds like he'll be a supportive partner both pre and post natal. It's cute that you two are looking at baby things already :). Have you called your doctor?

Yeah, I don't recommend continued temping once you pass AF due date. Just because, like you said, temps can go haywire and cause unnecessary stress. So I vote retire the bbt. :)

I hope he can find something soon! He sounds like he'll be a supportive partner both pre and post natal. It's cute that you two are looking at baby things already :). Have you called your doctor?

Ok I will stop the temping, I thought I had to continue because I saw other posts with women saying that their temp dropped when they miscarried. I keep thinking the worst is going to happen because I've already had lots of cramping and spotting. I'm almost afraid to move or put pressure anywhere...yes I know I'm becoming a loon through all this. I'm trying hard to relax. Speaking of relax, I told my mom she said,"Oh wow, really?" In a shocked tone. She is so understanding, she is just concerned with my health and the medications I take. So I had to write to my doctor and ask if I need to fully stop certain meds or taper back on certain ones. I hope to hear from him tomorrow. Also, my SO mom offered me to stay at her house (move in before the baby is born) that way she can help while my guy is gone for 2 weeks at a time, especially knowing that I am going to have to have a c-section given my health issues, so I won't be able to lift for a while.

I tried to make an appointment with a OB/GYN and Kaiser is completely booked in my area till mid to late August. So I got an appointment with my internal medicine doctor that's my main doctor and that's on July 6th I hope he can pull some strings to get me into a doctor. He will at least order the lab work. He we know that I'm high risk so I think he can push for something. FX!

Ok I'm really frustrated now. I found out that some of the meds I take for seizures and anxiety can cause false positives. I just took a punch to the gut. I hope that I haven't been imagining these symptoms (crazy I know) the only thing that has me thinking differently is that my BBT chart was high and AF hasn't arrived, unless the spotting was a messed up version of a period. I guess I will need to do a blood test.

To me that would mean your test wouldn't get darker and things wouldn't progress.

To me that would mean your test wouldn't get darker and things wouldn't progress.

That what I was thinking too. I am going to keep checking for a few days and see if that line gets darker. I wrote to my doctor and asked for a blood test. FX

Freaking out right now because of my previous post I was questioning my HPT test results because I read that the medicTions a take can cause a false positive. I'm going down to the lab in a bit to get a HcG blood test to confirm. I'm scared.

Sorry. It's been a really rough week and so I've been all broody in my own bubble. I know your meds can cause false positives, but those lines are clearly progressing which leads me to believe they are true positive. How did your blood test turn out?

Sorry. It's been a really rough week and so I've been all broody in my own bubble. I know your meds can cause false positives, but those lines are clearly progressing which leads me to believe they are true positive. How did your blood test turn out?

Blood test came back positive :happydance: she also had to order all these other labs because of my PCOS history. My results came back good. I was freaking out over 2 tests because me levels were high (Testosterone and DHEAS) so I wrote to the doctor and she didn't seemed concerned at all. Thank God. I have an appointment with a prenatal nurse on the 7th, but I don't see the doctor till August 11th. Not sure why Kaiser is waiting so long, however they do sound booked. I will be on my 11th week by the time I have my first dr appt. then I'm hoping they will do an ultrasound on the appointment. I told my SO about the actual appt date and he's going to try to have a few days off because he wants to be there for my first visit, especially if they do a ultrasound. He's so excited, he's just beaming about becoming a dad. He told his mom and she told his sisters, his sisters husband and daughter, and his brother. They all came over to his moms house and she told them, they are already talking about names LOL. His side of the family is super excited and supportive to the both of us. As a matter of fact, his mom offered to have me move in towards the end because she knows that I would have to have a c-section and that I would need help with picking the baby up and such. So she wants to help in every way possible, actually his whole family wants to help.

I am lucky I have him and have his very supportive family. I'm blessed.

Yay congrats! I just saw your other thread. I agree that the levels look fabulous and if the doctors aren't concerned then definitely no concern for you. I know kaiser prefers to have the first prenatal between 8-12 weeks, with a preference of around 10 weeks. So if you are going in next week then I could see why they might not see you until 11 weeks. Glad they are taking good care of you! Any word from your psychiatrist about how to stop/ wean off the pills?

Yay congrats! I just saw your other thread. I agree that the levels look fabulous and if the doctors aren't concerned then definitely no concern for you. I know kaiser prefers to have the first prenatal between 8-12 weeks, with a preference of around 10 weeks. So if you are going in next week then I could see why they might not see you until 11 weeks. Glad they are taking good care of you! Any word from your psychiatrist about how to stop/ wean off the pills?

Hey girl, just the one I need to vent to (read the other post you commented in) I'm worried if my HcG is too low when I compare it to other women at the same time.

I'm just seeing the prenatal nurse, not the doctor...the doctor I see on August 11. Not sure if prenatal nurses do transvaginal ultrasounds though. I keep fearing that after all these positive tests that there won't be nothing there, no baby. I keep thinking about that.

I emailed my psychiatrist...god bless kaiser for allowing us to do that. He said my core medications (Buspar, Lamictal, and cymbalta) are perfectly fine to take. He did tell me that in the third trimester (trying not to think that far because I'm still skeptical) he said I will have to start tapering off because the baby could become dependent upon it (fetal withdrawal). He also said no one atarax or Ativan for my anxiety attacks...this is going to be hard...really hard.

https://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single
The info is for healthy singleton pregnancies. It'll make you feel better. :)

Can you see your therapist more often on third trimester to help with the increased anxiety? Good to hear everything else is safe to keep taking :)

https://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single
The info is for healthy singleton pregnancies. It'll make you feel better. :)

Can you see your therapist more often on third trimester to help with the increased anxiety? Good to hear everything else is safe to keep taking :)

Well if I was at 382-384 on 16 DPO I guess I'm good. I just don't know which ones are a reliable source to trust. One source is lower, one source is higher, and another source is just flat out "WTF?!" LOL:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->