Apple Cheeks

Ive had a few Happy Heinys that I got before the bumgenious and they are still going strong. They have been used well longer and more frequent then the BG, I also didnt have many diapers so the HH's and BG were both being washed daily... To me that is a quality issue with them.

The other ones will kack out long before the original time if you keep with the dryer sheets and regular detergent.

If it were anything else I'd still say to complain, but your warranty on them is void automatically if you don't follow the washing instructions. :)

Wow really? I used my BG pockets daily for months and months and never had any elastic even get weak in them? But is it the pockets inner you don't like? Because the organic are completely different, it's very soft organic cotton...but not same soft as like the fleece in Fuzzi Bunz. Dryer sheets can cause build up though and make your diapers less absorbent. Do yall have Ecover fabric softener there? The liquid kind? That one is ok for cloth diapers just not every load and a smaller amount than normal...works great, makes them so squishy soft

I actually bought some dryer balls to use. But still, I dont think I will buy anymore of the BG ones. If all my other diapers are holding out just as long or longer I will just buy those kinds. I havent had a prob with the BG soaker pads either, just the inside lining... They are the only diapers that have held stains too. My FB and HH are all still nice looking. :shrug:

And yes, I like how soft the FB are too :D Thats one main selling point to me!

No one else I know who uses cloth diapers has a prob with normal detergent... I use tide free which is supposed to have less chemicals and its hypoallergenic etc.

Yeah I've heard some people use Tide with no problems at all, we can't use tide because of the boys skin so we couldn't. I use to love Bg pockets until they started stinking really bad when nothing else did. I bought my FB at the same time, used them as much if not more and never had that problem. So I don't blame you for not getting more haha. I'm just surprised about the elastic..that really sucks

I'm super surprised at the elastic as well! BGs were our first, and since then I've definitely wanted to buy more of different brands to kind of test out what we like and what we don't.

It isn't just about care of the diapers though, the regular detergent causes buildup too. If you find your diapers aren't absorbing well or are stinking try stripping them and see if that helps. Did you ever end up finding the original blue Dawn?

I only know the way to strip for BGs, I've never stripped FBs or HH. :neutral: I hope it worked for you! :wohoo:

Love love LOVE the Apple Cheeks!!! I took pictures but then got so absorbed with Claire's birthday pictures that I forgot to upload them. :blush: The liners need to be washed a few more times. At first I was looking at them and thinking that they weren't that much more trim than the BGs, but then I got her into some pants and noticed the difference.

They aren't as trim as disposables, but tbh I don't think any cloth diaper on the market at this time is. Unless of course you are getting into the gDiapers with the disposable inserts. I might try out a BG Flip, just cuz.

I can't say I like the snaps though. I'm not that good with getting them done up and they just look strange to me. :haha: I'll get used to it though! Thank god (for now) Claire hasn't figured out she can take her diaper off!

ya I found the blue dawn and bought it and never used it... I found something else that works way better.

:rofl: How do you know it works better if you never used the other stuff? :haha:

Although what is it? Always good to have other tips/tricks! :wohoo:

Because it took the stains out too and you told me the blue dawn wont take the stains away? LOL

I cant remember what its called, it is a stain remover additive kind of like oxyclean but it is for colored things and its hypoallergenic. I will only use it once in a blue moon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->