Apple ipad 1st generation...

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I've decided to buy one of these off someone on my local Facebook selling page. I was planning on buying a brand new ipad 2 in a couple of weeks but the person selling the ipad 1 is only asking £80.

What I want to know is if there is any differences apart from the ipad 2 has a camera and the ipad 1 doesn't. Is there any more differences?

I've never had a tablet before and will only really be using it for b&b, Facebook and a few apps that I have on my iPhone.

It's much heavier than any other iPad, and thicker. It will run rather slower than the newer operating system. It doesn't and can't run on the latest software (the last was ios5!) so apps that rely on ios7 to run to their potential may lag a bit. All in all though that's a wee bargain, but if you can stretch to the iPad 2 I would, it will last you longer, as it supports ios7 and will run better

Just read that it won't run ios7.. Only 5.1.1 does this mean that some apps won't work? :/

Im not really a apple fan in general.

If you have a bit more cash (120) i highly recommend the HUDL, we got one for R for xmas and setting it up i found it to be fantastic!

Just read that it won't run ios7.. Only 5.1.1 does this mean that some apps won't work? :/

Some might crash or not open, or may not even be available to you

I personally wouldn't bother with a first generation iPad as I've got one myself and have had lots of problems with it the older it gets. A lot of apps are unavailable to me altogether as require a newer ios to download, and ones that I've got keep crashing regularly. I also dislike the fact that Apple stop supporting their own hardwear after it's been out a few years and wouldn't even bother with an iPad 2 for that reason:(

I've just today bought a Surface RT, and though haven't really tried it yet, feel like it was a good bargain at £150 in the sale, plus you get a free upgrade to Windows 8.1, so might be worth looking at some other tablets if you just want something cheap to surf on.

We have an ipad 1 and 2 that the kids mess around with, quite a few of the more interesting games and apps don't work on the ipad 1, they won't even download. There is a HUGE jump from the ipad 1 to 2. I honestly wouldn't bother buying an ipad 1, even the 2 is hugely superior to the first one.

Thanks ladies.. I decided not to bother with it. Going to get an android tablet instead :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->