• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Apple ipod touchscreen...

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
who has one??

im slowly loosing the will to live with mine, had it for xmas 07 but with Rhiannon being born 6 weeks later its only now ive taken it out the box to have a go.. its connected to my laptop but for the life of me i have no idea how to get it up and running, the leaflet that comes with it just says go to this address https://www.applecomsupportmanualsipod.com/get-ipod-manuals.php?gclid=adb18064632
but when you do it offers a membership, i cant get onto any flippin' instructions (which it states are online:hissy:)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!

x

My OH has and ipod touch and its a fookin nightmare-the minute he connected it to the comp, the software automatically updated and his knock off charger no longer works we need to buy an official one! grr

Have u got an apple shop near u? they are very helpful or the Customer COntact Number?

xx

I've got one...not had any problems with it so far! Don't think I had to download anything though - didn't you get a software cd with it (got mine in feb so it's been a while!) x

I've got one and its used nearly every day. Mine DIDN'T come with a CD (i think because the software is available online, they don't bother packaging the CD)

What you need to do is:
1. unplug the ipod from pc. do not plug it in until you have rebooted.

2. go to Apples site and download iTunes (you don't need to put ur email address on the site, Just click "download iTunes Free" on the Right hand side.) Unfortunately i cannot post the link as i have less than 10 posts :(

3. when you download it will ask if you want to run or save. Just run and once it's downloaded it will start to install.

4. when its installed, REBOOT computer. (its important you do this other wise you have to uninstall and re-install...if you try to connect the ipod without rebooting it probably won't recognise the ipod.

5. After reboot run itunes, and just go through the setup wizard until you are at the main itunes screen

6. plug in the ipod using the usb cable... pc should recognise it and install the software so that it recognises it.

7.once done, you should see the icon for your ipod on the left hand side of the screen under devices.

Also for the manual do a search on google for the "ipod touch features guide" it's the first link that appears! (again i can't link to it.)

let me know how you get on or if you get stuck!!

x

hiya, I wonder have you any idea how to get music on an ipod nano? I have downloaded itunes but dont know what to do...it is recognising the ipod...

Once you've copied any mp3s into your iTunes library (either by going to File and add file to library, or by copying and pasting), select the ones you want on your ipod (the tick boxes), then go to File and 'update iPod' (or something similar - may say sync ipod? can't see because mine's not connected)

Sorry if none of that made any sense - think my brain has switched off for the night :rofl:

You can also set it up so it automatically updates it when you connect x

thanks hun, I shall try that and will call on you again I'm sure:blush: I have the bloomin thing from xmas:dohh:

Or you can drag and drop them from your itunes library directly into the ipod on the left hand menu...as you can see there is a few ways!! hope you manage to get it done!

thanks guys
anup thank you for the step by step info will def try it tomorow...
trust me to be a techno phob and end up with a gadget man :rofl:!!!!

Once you've copied any mp3s into your iTunes library (either by going to File and add file to library, or by copying and pasting), select the ones you want on your ipod (the tick boxes), then go to File and 'update iPod' (or something similar - may say sync ipod? can't see because mine's not connected)

Sorry if none of that made any sense - think my brain has switched off for the night :rofl:

You can also set it up so it automatically updates it when you connect x

yay :wohoo: it worked :yipee: you are a star hun, I have the thing 8 months and its the 1st time I've had songs on it:hugs::kiss:

welshcakes its easy enough once you know how:dohh:

I've got the iPod touch, and love love love it.

Had some trouble getting it up and running, but Apple was quick to replace it :)

Did you ever get it going welshcakes??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->