Applying for a passport in UK

If she was born it Sweden and you want a British passport you'll have to get his details, I believe he may have to sign the form too.I thought you said she was born in the UK?

It might not even be worth it. My ex wanted to get our daughter a Norwegian passport I said no, if he tries to obtain one without me it's very hard to do, also if he does manage to fool the passport office I can have it cancels as I didn't give consent.
I know that if she ended up with a Norwegian and British passport when our daughter is 18 she'll have to choose which nationality she wants to be so she'll lose one of the passports anyway .Not really worth the headache coz she won't have a dual citizenship make sure Sweden doesn't have the same rules.

You can call them with questions before you send it in but they charge a fee. They aren't going to be very helpful at all. :shrug:

A disgrace really, one would think they had a proper customer service considering the seriousness of holding a passport for a citizen..

As I had to go through this with my DD, I am not British bit FOB is a British Citizen. The law states that unless your child was born before 1981 he or she is British by birth after 1981 he or she is only British if both parents are British and married. This law changed in 2006 where a child is entitled to British Citizenship if either parent has a British passport they ask for the passport number and a copy of the birth certificate as it shows the parent in this case her father accepted paternity they then see if your child is entitled based on the parents nationality...

That being said this only applies if the child was born in the UK if not he/she will need to be neutralized on grounds of claiming British nationality by ancestry/parentage due to being born outside the UK.

Hope this helps
But my daughter is already a British citizen.

If she was born it Sweden and you want a British passport you'll have to get his details, I believe he may have to sign the form too.I thought you said she was born in the UK?

It might not even be worth it. My ex wanted to get our daughter a Norwegian passport I said no, if he tries to obtain one without me it's very hard to do, also if he does manage to fool the passport office I can have it cancels as I didn't give consent.
I know that if she ended up with a Norwegian and British passport when our daughter is 18 she'll have to choose which nationality she wants to be so she'll lose one of the passports anyway .Not really worth the headache coz she won't have a dual citizenship make sure Sweden doesn't have the same rules.

Yes I understand this but how can they deny a British citizen to hold a British passport just because her father decided to be an asshole and won't send me his passport nr and date and place of issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->