Applying for jobs when pregnant.....

A friend of mine was 15 weeks pregnant when she lost her job.. she went right in to the interview and when they said "where do you plan to be a year from now" she said "on maternity leave taking care of my baby" they were so pleased with her honesty that they hired her, and even though they didn't have to hold her job while she went on maternity leave, they did - now not every company would be as great and flexible... but being honest really worked out for her.

Personally, if I had to look for a job at this point, I'd look for something temporary (a 3 or 4 month desk-job contract position) so that my pregnancy wouldn't be an issue at all - it can be quite difficult for a company to commit to all the training, etc if they're looking to hire perm and know they need to replace you in 4 months, but that's not an issue with temp work - and then look for perm work once I was finishing up my mat leave.

Good luck!!!

Thanks ladies!
I am going to concentrate on temp jobs & sign up to agencies.
Congratulations on your new job Newtothis! Well done :flower:
xx​

I lost my job at 22ish weeks but didn't bother applying for any more, why would they employ me when they can employ plenty of other people who aren't going to be leaving and make them have to find maternity cover for me in a few months time.

Thats exactly what I would do, im facing possible redundancy at nearly 21 weeks, absolutely no chance of getting another permanent job and to be honest even if i wasnt as far along as i am i would have a hard time not being honest to a new employer. I would just look to temp until MA kicks in at DD minus 11 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->