Appreciating christmas gifts

storm4mozza

Mom of 3 :)
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I know I am a bit early but starting to look at some presents for kids, I have a 5 year old girl and a 6 1/2 year old boy. Their main present is a x rider scooter each £50 each and I was going to look at other items. However I have recently had to dump lots of money worth of broken toy that they clearly don't appreciate. I am thinking of cheap christmas ideas for kids (as obviously santa etc) but without wasting too much money on things that are most probably doing to get broken, ideas please?

Thanks in advance

I always get my two some sticker books, colouring pens, pencils for stockings. How about some board games or puzzles?

I always get my two some sticker books, colouring pens, pencils for stockings. How about some board games or puzzles?

Thanks so much that's a great idea ill look into that! <3

I like to try and stick to the rule 'Edible, wearable or disposable', this way you can rule out when shopping anything decent that you know will not be appreciated, if it doesnt fit these categories then your on risky ground!:)

We do lots of clothes in the next size up at birthdays and Christmas, it means that it looks as though she has lots of presents even though the clothes would need to be bought throughout the year anyway. She does love clothes, shoes and jammies though.

I tend to buy her maybe 10 books for birthday or Christmas. I buy these throughout the year.

I don't really buy presents with lots of "bits" which can get lost or broken.

I've not started on DDs Christmas yet, but for her birthday (next month) I have got her:
-2 pairs of jammies (Asda, £5.50)
-frozen jammies (b&m, £2.99)
-5 tops (full price or sale from supermarkets, 1 from gap for £4)
-3 pairs of leggings (2x next £2.50, 1x gap £4)
-jeans (£5 gap)
-smart clarks shoes (full price)
-converse (full price)
-next ugg style boots (£10)
-denim jacket (gap £12)
-frozen backpack for on the flight (bargain from Smyths, £2!)
-frozen wagon to pull toys in (smyths £4)
-Olaf soft toy (another bargain, £7 from tk maxx)
-minions perfume and body wash (£4 perfume shop)
-Julia Donaldson books (10 for £10, Amazon)
-the day the crayons quit book (full price)
-frozen stickers - 5 packs for £1 down from £1 per pack at local garden centre

Still to get:
-dolls bed (amazon £25)
-dolls changing mat (£4 b&m)
-colouring book, crayons, and pencil case for in backpack. All from b&m

I'll probably pick a few other things in, but in actual fact we have only spent about £50 which we wouldn't have spent anyway and it looks like she has loads!

We get loads of stuff at a designer outlet too.

I agree with games and puzzles! Books too (and you can have a clearout of their existing books before then, I donated a whole load of my son's old books recently and I picked ones he wouldn't notice were gone and he hasn't!) I also get socks and pants as stocking fillers with characters he likes on (usually primark!)
Plus I do a big bundle of treats he likes along with a little selection box, it looks like a big present but only costs a few quid.
Another thing that's good is some kind of activity set. On Amazon they've got science type ones for all different ages, like kitchen experiments etc or science museum branded ones, or things like braid kits/bracelet makers/badge makers, and I got my son a minions chocolate bar kit from Argos this year too. Cheapo baking mixes from supermarkets are fun too and they can do them on Christmas Day after presents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->