Approaching my due date and more scared than excited

Iren_iren

Reaction score
I was so hoping for a girl and was so happy we are having a girl,
I was in great mood throughout the pregnancy and looking forward to it

But now the closer i get to due date,
the more scared i get and not excited at all
I am scared to give birth, what if i dont bond with her, what if my son would hate baby. I am pretty sure
Its my hormones are playing up, but i am just not ready.
I have hands on husband, my mum will be helping for the first month, but for some reason i am just worried.
Any words of encouragment, any relaxation techniques or anything you could suggest so i can put myself together?!

I've been feeling like this, I already have an almost 5 year old son and often stress out thinking I won't cope, I won't remember what to do, I'm petrified of labour and birth because I had a long labour and EMCS with my
son, and then had undiagnosed PND afterwards. But you know, we will manage, we will bond with our babies, they'll love us, and the boys will love their new siblings, I think it's normal to panic about now ��

Big hugs! :hugs: totally natural feeling and given that you will have lots of help in the 1st weeks it, hopefully, will make it easier to bond :)
My 2nd bub wanted nothing to do with DS3. He'd look from a distance but would not old or touch him ( he was 2 months off turning 4 ) but when bub was about 2-3 months he really started to show an interest in him and they have been inseparable ever since. If anything he smothers him and needs to give him more space lol
So don't be upset if DS doesn't like her to begin with.

Big hugs! :hugs: totally natural feeling and given that you will have lots of help in the 1st weeks it, hopefully, will make it easier to bond :)
My 2nd bub wanted nothing to do with DS3. He'd look from a distance but would not old or touch him ( he was 2 months off turning 4 ) but when bub was about 2-3 months he really started to show an interest in him and they have been inseparable ever since. If anything he smothers him and needs to give him more space lol
So don't be upset if DS doesn't like her to begin with.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind,
Hopefully he will get used to new baby sooner rather than later
DS is very active boy, i just hope he accidently wont hurt baby, but i see he been very gentle with other babies :)

I've been feeling like this, I already have an almost 5 year old son and often stress out thinking I won't cope, I won't remember what to do, I'm petrified of labour and birth because I had a long labour and EMCS with my
son, and then had undiagnosed PND afterwards. But you know, we will manage, we will bond with our babies, they'll love us, and the boys will love their new siblings, I think it's normal to panic about now ��

Thanks! I just needed someone to say this to me
I did not bond with DS till he was about 4 month and started to be bit more interractive and now i love him to bits, so hopefully it will be the same with my girl :)

This is totally normal to feel that way, I definitely felt this way with my second and partially with my 3rd...with my second I was especially worried about whether or not I would love that child as much as my 1st, I didn't think it was possible ;) believe me it was possible :) with my 3rd baby I was more worried about the pain of labor because I knew I was going to go natural without any pain relief...tbh it was intense but I'm so glad I did it because I felt so much better and felt like my baby did so much better (as opposed to my first two babies ) I hope that doesn't come off the wrong way as I am totally not against pain relief (I had an epidural with my first 2) but for me, it was something I really wanted for multiple reasons but the biggest one was that my babies are small and have all been early so I wanted them to be more alert to get off to a better start especially with breastfeeding when they're already predisposed to being more lethargic...

This is totally normal to feel that way, I definitely felt this way with my second and partially with my 3rd...with my second I was especially worried about whether or not I would love that child as much as my 1st, I didn't think it was possible ;) believe me it was possible :) with my 3rd baby I was more worried about the pain of labor because I knew I was going to go natural without any pain relief...tbh it was intense but I'm so glad I did it because I felt so much better and felt like my baby did so much better (as opposed to my first two babies ) I hope that doesn't come off the wrong way as I am totally not against pain relief (I had an epidural with my first 2) but for me, it was something I really wanted for multiple reasons but the biggest one was that my babies are small and have all been early so I wanted them to be more alert to get off to a better start especially with breastfeeding when they're already predisposed to being more lethargic...

Thanks for the support hun!
I watched few episodes "one born every minute" (not sure if you know this series in UK) and saw few newborns at hospital today, so getting pretty excited now
Glad you got the labour that you wanted.
I want to remember labour and actual birth, this will be our last ad fist time pethadine really made me forget things and baby was sleepy and jaundice.
I really hope that love multiplies and not devides and it will be tru for me as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->