April 2012 babies due!!! Who else is due in April???

Glad to know that I'm not the only one getting poor sleep. Hope your quality sleep contines junebug.
Last night I got a decent sleep.....my husband was working his last night shift and ended up coming home at around 6:30....what a surprise that was!!! We ended up staying up and watching tv and listening to music and I'd gotten my second wind so when I finally got to bed after midnight I slept reasonably well......amazing what 4 or 5 hours in a row will do!!!!

Ok Junebug, HOW do you manage to sleep on your belly still?? I really need to know how to sleep on a bump. lol

I wish I could still sleep on my tummy...I too roll from side to side about 100 times a night and have to re-arrange all of my pillows everytime I move. :wacko: And I "love" when my hubby complains about HIS bad sleep!

I think my feet are beginning to grow and I'm not happy about this. :haha: I work at a Ski School Supervisor for kids programs and am still skiing (carefully & not as often as normal), but I put my ski boots on today and my toes were painfully hitting the end!! How big can feet get during pregnancy?

Thanks for the input on how many scans. I've had 5 so far (2 early ones to ensure this wasn't an ectopic, the genetic scan at 12 weeks, and 2 for 20 weeks cause baby girl wouldn't cooperate the first time) so it just feels like I should be having more.... Oh well, guess we'll have to be patient and wait to see her in a little under 4 months.

LOL Dorian, I tuck a pillow vertically from under my head to right at the start of the bump (top part) that way the bump melds with the elevation due to the pillow :)

Skier, in Canada, the number of ultrasounds is typically 2 IF the woman choses to have the nuchal translucency. The only one that everyone gets is the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks. Five is a lot more than average! I've had 3, one at 6 weeks because I had a little bleed, then the NT at 11 weeks, then my anatomy ultrasound at 19 weeks. No other ones are planned unless further concerns arise :hugs:

I'm gutted!! A friend of mine is also pregnant but due in late june....anyway, she had her NT scan on Tuesday this week and found out that there was the risk of DS so had to wait for her bloods to come back. She got her results today and its not looking good. She has to have a CVS on Monday to see what is going on. I"m not sure how to feel.....she doesn't know what to do if the baby does have DS and I really am unsure of what to say. This will be her 4th baby but this is her 6th pregnancy....she is only 25 too. It doesn't seem fair at all and mostly I feel bad because I'm so thankful its not me. I feel like a terrible person for feeling that way.

Junebug....how long does it take to get results of a CVS?

Ohhh, good idea Junebug!! THANK YOU. I will try it tonight. I am a total belly sleeper and really have missed it.

I'm sorry for your friend Krist. DS is so hard to deal with, but with Faith and a lot of love, they'll get thru it, if that's the case.

Welcome Skier75! My feet are getting big too. I can barely wear some of my flats anymore.

Mbababy, I’m glad there was no heart defect. What a blessing.

Nat, I know you must be beside yourself about that gunman. DH and I saw it on the news the other night. Hopefully you’ll have a good trip.

Junebug, You bump is growing. Cute pics! I would love to have another one maybe two, but I know DH might not agree. We plan on revisiting the idea after little one is born. We are also going back and forth about daycare or nanny, but with one child I think daycare would be cheaper.

Maple Leaf, I’m glad you appointment went well. Mother instincts about the gender can sometimes be right.

Kirst76, I’m having a hard time sleeping as well. I fall asleep just fine, but when I wake up in the middle of the night it takes forever and then I can’t get comfortable. I’m a back sleeper and really miss sleeping on my back. I am so sorry about your friend. Hopefully the CVS will rule out DS.

Hi Ladies :flower:

Midwife appointment went well this morning, she listened to heartbeat and said my womb is correct size it should be - I was surprised how high up it is now :wacko: Got my MATB1 form so can sort out when to go on maternity leave from work soon :thumbup: Got to decide when I want to finish.

Pretty much finished christmas shopping today now too thankfully, just got to wrap everything! Is everyone else ready for Christmas?

Kirst, sorry to hear about your friend. Hope she gets on ok with the CVS results.

I am finding it harder to be comfortable in bed now too - my issue is I wake up with aching hips and legs :wacko: I've bought a pregnancy pillow today so going to see if that helps :shrug:

x

Kirst, initial results take about 5 working days, and final results 2-3 weeks... :hugs: for your friend, it is a really hard decision...

Yay for a good apt Nat!!!

Glad to hear your MW appointment went well Nat!

Thanks again for that junebug....I hope she gets the initial results before Christmas so she knows one way or another....I think its the uncertainty that has got her at the moment, she just cant stop crying.

Hmmmm there is a good chance she'll have results by next Friday, if not it'll be Tuesday the 27th, depending on the turn-around time in her local lab... Definitely, the not knowing is soooooo hard! We had a 1 in 10 risk of T18 (1st pregnancy) and just the wait for the CVS and then the results was so tough :cry:

thanks again junebug....if it isn't before Christmas she wont have the results until the 28th....the 27th is a public holiday here too.

Yesterday her midwife gave her a brief rundown of the scan report....she has a 1 in 7 chance of DS and the fetus was all swollen as well which isn't normal either :(

Hi Kirst, Just seeing this now...sending thoughts and prayers to your friend for a positive outcome...

Thanks mbababy - things like that shouldn't happen to anyone....its extra sad when it happens at this time of the year too.
She has pretty much made her decision as to what to do, but will have to wait until the New Year which is heartbreaking because she told me that she just wants it to be over as the more days that pass, the more attached she gets to her baby.

Kirst~Just wanted to send you big hugs for you and your friend. :hugs:

Kirst~Just wanted to send you big hugs for you and your friend. :hugs:

Just catching up after a weekend away. I too send my hugs and positive thoughts your way, for your friend. All you an do is be there for her. X x

Oh Kirst, I'm so sorry about your friend. I'm still prayer for her and her baby.

thnks guys...I'm sure she'll appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. She had the CVS done yesterday and it went as well as can be expected although a bit painful she said. She will have the prelim results on Thurday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->