April 2012 babies due!!! Who else is due in April???

How is everyone doing??? Its been a bit quiet here......maybe hospital quiet???

Still here. Got loads of energy, at this rate I feel I could go another 2 weeks.....Drs tomorrow so will update after.

Still here, 37 weeks tomorrow and have loads of energy to spare :) ML fingers crossed you won't go 2 weeks over!!!

Great stories! Love the pics Mbababy!

I can't wait for my sweatpea to get here.

I'm still here too :haha: 6 days until my due date and no signs of baby moving yet :nope: Am feeling more pressure low down and in back passage area :blush: So thinking maybe head has engaged even more? :shrug: Got midwife Friday so sure she'll tell me if that is the case.

Nervous about labour starting (fear of the unknown!) but really, really don't want to have to be induced so hoping little one does get going themselves pretty soon now x

Just got back from my appointment. Had a stretch and sweep, it was pretty painful. The Dr was rummaging around in there for ages....! I was 3cm dilated already so she is pretty optimistic that things will start happening, I'm not so sure.
I have since lost some bloody mucus which is to be expected and have another sweep booked for Monday...if I make it til then.
My plan for today is to drive over all the speed bumps near the school over and over again....will keep all you ladies updated. X

LOL good luck with the speed bump plan :haha: I'm impressed you're already 3 cm, it took my 24 hours to get to 4 cm after my waters broke hence the emergency C-section when baby's heart rate started dipping!

ML, sounds like it shouldn't be too long for you :thumbup: Have you had any signs of being dilated, ie any 'show' before this sweep? x

ML, sounds like it shouldn't be too long for you :thumbup: Have you had any signs of being dilated, ie any 'show' before this sweep? x

I've been losing bits of mucus for a week or two but nothing substantial and nothing with any blood in it. I never lost my bloody plug until labour with my previous children so I don't see it as an indicator in my case.
I was surprised to have progressed but I have been having wicked cramping every night for a few hours before bed.
Since the sweep I have been feeling more period pain pressure and some contractions but nothing unusual. I have a few things planned for the rest of the week so I don't start obsessing about symptoms, however, I know from my last labour that it can come on quick so at least I am ready to go if required.

Baby is not here yet. I had a sweep yesterday and they also did a non stress test and fluid check. Everything looks good, but still no baby. My next appointment is on the 18th when they will schedule my induction.

Hopefully you'll go way before the 18th ceedee.

Anyone heard from Dorian, I keep thinking of her and Isaiah, I hope they re both ok!!

Hi Ladies :flower: Everyone ok?

Kirst, how's life with your new little girl?

Wondering how Maple Leaf is as sure I saw something on another thread from her that seemed to indicate things could be starting for her :thumbup:

Also hoping Dorian and Isaiah are ok :shrug:

x

I agree, Dorian please update us when you have a chance :hugs:

ML!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Things are going just fine.
I'm still a bit sore from the surgery and still having afterpains from the birth (TMI here, but yesterday I had a clot...yuck!)
My midwives came yesterday....Arya had her one week check up and is doing great...she is almost back to her birth weight which is great.
The student midwife, Pawel who actually delivered Arya probably saw me for the last time yesterday. Next week is his last week and on Monday when my MW comes, Pawel is busy doing something else towards his course. This really threw me and I'm not sure how to feel....I'm a bit sad that I wont see him again because sharing something like giving birth with a person is quite personal.

Here are some pics for you guys.....just realised that I haven't posted any here yet.
Sorry if any of these are too big or too small.
https://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff28/kirst76/306583_10150708359288467_712953466_9367830_1342179785_n.jpg
Just after she was born
https://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff28/kirst76/534987_10150708911133467_712953466_9368759_697094283_n.jpg
https://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff28/kirst76/S6302020.jpg
Arya (5 days) with big sister Gabi
https://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff28/kirst76/S6302025.jpg
Arya (6 days)

Hi ladies. Well after my sweep on Tuesday things progressed. I started getting mild contractions but nothing regular. Wednesday morning we dropped the big kids at school and went to the hospital 'just in case'.
When I was examined I was 4 cm dilated and shown to a room for delivery. It progressed very quickly, I used the birthing ball in the bath by leaning over it whilst DH used the shower to relieve the pressure. I suddenly started contracting every minute so I got out and asked for some morphine. At this point the contractions were very painful - but they thought I would deliver in less than 4 hours, so morphine wasn't recommended. Within 2 hours of arrival I was indeed 10cm dilated and ready to push - I pushed for 40 mins - Kit came out with his hand up by his face fingers first!!
He went straight onto me and we had skin-to-skin for a while.
At this point things started going wrong....They couldnt get the placenta out, despite the midwives kneading my tummy with their hands - which bloody hurt - whilst the Dr pulled. When it finally came away it was not intact..they called for the oncall gynacologist who came in within minutes and told me quite frankly 'that I was going to hate her but she was going to fix things....'
She had to put her entire hand in 3 times to get the remaining pieces. I have never felt pain quite like it. Consequently I lost 1.5 litres of blood and had to have an IV to help contract the uterus.
Despite the trauma, I am back home after a 24 hour stay, a few stitches, a lovely 8lb 9oz baby, and a prescription for iron! Lol
Introducing Kit James - Before and After
DSC03525.jpg

DSC03529.jpg

Wow ML, congrats!!!! So sorry the placenta gave you a hard time :-( I had to pull one out when I was a med student, the obstetrician was a huge man with massive hands and I'm tiny so it probably didn't hurt her as much as if he had tried :wacko: I hope you feel OK now, that is quite the complication!!! He is absolutely adorable :cloud9:

And Kirst, your little girl is the sweetest :cloud9: Thank you so much for sharing ladies, makes me even more excited to hold my little guy in 5 days!!!

Congrats Maple Leaf! I had a feeling something was happening with you! Kit is just beautiful and Im sorry for the trouble with the placenta. Hope you are feeling a bit better as I can imagine just how much more tired you are likely to be after losing so much blood. Congrats again!

Thanks for sharing ML, sounds yuck about your placenta. Glad you didn't need surgery to remove it though.
What a lovely little guy Kit is....congrats!

Hi Ladies :flower:

Maple Leaf, huge congratulations on the birth of Kit :happydance: He's gorgeous. I'm sitting here crossing my legs though at your description of the placenta removal :wacko: Glad you're now recovering.

Kirst, beautiful pics of Arya, she's adorable :hugs: Are all her big sisters very proud and being helpful to mummy?

As for me, have seen midwife this morning and all is still fine :thumbup: I certainly can't complain about the pregnancy I've had - BP has been constant at around 100/60 throughout, no problems with urine, baby has seemed happy throughout and is now engaged and in a good position :happydance: Am feeling more pressure low down past week or so, which mw says is the weight and baby's head. I actually seem to be sleeping a bit better at night at the mo which is good :sleep: Carpal tunnel has definitely eased with wearing the wrist supports. Midwife coming to see me at home on Wednesday, when I'll be 2 days over due date, and I can have a sweep then if I want. I really don't fancy one but probably will have one to try to avoid induction x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->