April 2013 Rainbows - PMA and support thread

I am just praying so hard this baby sticks. Last night on the drive home from my parents, my oldest daughter, who has been talking a LOT about babies with her younger sister lately, said, "Mom, I don't think you are going to have any more babies." :( I asked her why and she said because the last one went to Heaven and there haven't been any more (they don't know about any of our other MANY losses). That makes me so sad. We have so desperately wanted each of our babies, and I want them to have another sibling so badly. They all adore babies and it's so hard to see them fall in love with OTHER peoples babies when I know they should have had their own many times now. I just pray pray pray that this is it.

On another note, I have tender, slightly sore breasts. Yay! At least that gives me ONE way to feel different. LOL (I never really get 1st tri symptoms, though I get THIRD tri symptoms pretty much as soon as I hit the 2nd tri!!) Though I'm pretty certain that the only reason I feel it is because this is only the 2nd out of my 11 pregnancies that I haven't been nursing during.

Elohcin, fingers crossed that yours sticks! Hopefully your symptoms are a good sign.

As for me, I just heard from my doctor's office with my latest beta results. They were 5316, which is really good- a normal rise. I am now scheduled for my first scan at 12:30 on Thursday. Hoping that can ease my worried mind a little more.

It's nice to hear some positive results from others during a time that is very hard to stay positive.

JenX, nice to hear your betas rose! :thumbup:

I also was very down this week as I mentioned earlier and was convinced that the same thing happened as last time. However, I went yesterday for an ultrasound and the baby was still alive and had grown! I even saw two little legs and two little arms and its heart was still beating. So, I made it past the last miscarriage mark so that is a positive. I am still nervous and waiting to see how things go but it made me feel a tiny bit more relaxed.

Good luck ladies, we have to have something positive come out of this thread!

Etoiles, that's really great that you saw a heartbeat again- and made it past your previous miscarriage point. That has to be somewhat reassuring.

I have a scan coming up on Thursday- I saw you have one scheduled the same day, Elohcin. Anyone else due for a scan soon? So close, but it is going to be a nerve-wracking wait. Third pregnancy, but I have yet to make it to see a heartbeat. So this could be a huge milestone.

What time is your scan on Thursday, Elohcin?

Etoiles, that's really great that you saw a heartbeat again- and made it past your previous miscarriage point. That has to be somewhat reassuring.

I have a scan coming up on Thursday- I saw you have one scheduled the same day, Elohcin. Anyone else due for a scan soon? So close, but it is going to be a nerve-wracking wait. Third pregnancy, but I have yet to make it to see a heartbeat. So this could be a huge milestone.

What time is your scan on Thursday, Elohcin?

11:30 mountain time. How about yours?

12:30 Eastern. I'll report back here afterward.

Great news on the betas Jen and on the scan Elohcin!!! :happydance: we def need some good news here to keep us all positive and get us through these next difficult few weeks!!

Does anyone have any scan pics to post?

Hi everyone, I have just checked back on here after being away at my parents and I am so, so sorry for the losses.:cry:

I have been working hard to keep my PMA but it is really hard. I am counting down the days to my scan on Monday, hoping and praying to see a heartbeat!

I have had some really hard days when my breasts weren't as sore and I went into panic, I just cried. I am now worried that even if I get my happy healthy ultra sound on Monday what if? ... it is only 7wks 1 day when I have the scan so much could still go wrong will I be able to get another scan around 12 wks? I have been told that they will probably use this as the dating scan and won't have another until 20 weeks!! I had been carrying my failed pregnancy for 12 weeks last time before I started spotting and it had ended at 5 weeks, I couldn't stand that again.

I like all of you start to dream and plan, I keeping telling myself be positive, but it is so hard.

My heart goes out to all the loses I hope that we can all have our happy endings soon xxx

Hi Jenna,

I know just how you feel. I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks and it had been gone since week six. I surely don't want that again. Have you thought about getting a Doppler to reassure yourself in the meantime? They're pretty cheap and can pick up the heartbeat fairly early (10-12 weeks or even earlier for some) and then you could listen to it anytime you need reassurance. That would be one way to help make it through the stressful time until your next scan, anyway.

Hi Jenna,

I know just how you feel. I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks and it had been gone since week six. I surely don't want that again. Have you thought about getting a Doppler to reassure yourself in the meantime? They're pretty cheap and can pick up the heartbeat fairly early (10-12 weeks or even earlier for some) and then you could listen to it anytime you need reassurance. That would be one way to help make it through the stressful time until your next scan, anyway.

Thanks for that, I will wait until Monday and fingers crossed all will be fine then look at getting a Doppler, your right it would help to put my mind at rest!

I have just been researching what I should see at the scan so excited but super nervous now. :wacko:

Thanks for your kind words and understanding, sometimes you can feel so alone. Glad I found this forum! :thumbup:

I have had some really hard days when my breasts weren't as sore and I went into panic, I just cried. I am now worried that even if I get my happy healthy ultra sound on Monday what if?

Jenna keep your positive attitude. I felt the same way last week that there were some times my breasts weren't sore or I didn't feel any sickness and I also cried and was sure something terrible had happened but Monday my baby was still alive and the Dr. told me it is normal to have symptoms fluctuate. Keep up the hope!

I am so sorry the dr. makes you wait so long between scans. The doppler is an excellent idea though!

Do you all have room for one more? :)

I'm Nance and I'm 5w4d pregnant, due on April 28th.

Last summer, I had an ectopic pregnancy- brown spotting right from the beginning, so we monitored HCG levels, and they never rose normally. It ended up being ectopic and I had to get a shot of methotrexate.

In April, I conceived again, and this time my HCG levels did rise normally. At a bit over 7 weeks (just this past June) I went for my first ultrasound and saw a heartbeat- but a gestational sac that was much smaller than it should have been, and the next day, I miscarried at home.

I had a normal period in July and conceived after that and here I am again, hoping the third time will be the charm! So far, I know that my HCG levels are rising well. I am taking oral progesterone supplements this time. So far my only symptoms are more frequent peeing and sore breasts (though not sure if that's because of the progesterone or the pregnancy). My first scan is scheduled for six days from now, next Wednesday. I am really hoping and praying that everything looks normal with it!

I am 39 years old and I already have three kids, really spread out in age (20, almost 12, almost 7), and really wanting just one more before it is too late. :p

Do you all have room for one more? :)

:p

Hi Nance welcome! :flower:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. My scan is on Monday so hoping all will be well, you will have to keep us updated on your progress and let us know how you get on with your scan xx

Welcome Nance and so sorry for your losses :(

Lots of scans next week! How exciting!

Nance, welcome and congrats :flower:

I also have 3 kids. Not quite as spread out as yours but enough that I feel like I'm starting over (13, 12 and almost 8)

Good luck on your scan!

Hi ladies,

Sorry i've not been on for a few days - and so much seems to have happened.

Ladies with the losses - my heart goes out to you. :hugs: There are no words to help ease your pain. Thinking of you.

We're still not sure if this little one is a sticker either. We also have a scan next week on tuesday. A busy week for us all! I'm getting weekly progesterone shots and i am still exhausted and a bit grumpy and my boobs are still v tender. I keep thinking i'm getting nauseous but i suspect it is in my head still :dohh: I am trying to be positive but finding it so hard. When my usual Doc came back off her holiday she looked at the scans and the dates and in her words 'it's not THAT far out' so i am trying to be hopeful. It is so very hard though. With my 1 successful pregnancy the nausea hit at 8 weeks i hit that (according to my dates) on sunday so i am little nervous about that.

Has anyone got any nice stats to help the PMA??

Well have been a nervous wreck. But praise God, the u/s showed a baby IN my uterus measuring 6w5d (I am 6w3d) with a HR of 128.

Prayers are still appreciated as this is only half the battle for me. Now we just have to KEEP the baby alive.

Congrats, Elohcin! Big milestone! Welcome to everyone who has just joined us.

Got back from my first scan a bit ago. Everything looked good and was on track. Saw the beginnings of cardiac activity, the little heart beating, but it was still pretty early. Still, this is more than we've ever seen in previous pregnancies, so it is a good sign. I go back next Friday for another scan to make sure everything is progressing nicely.

Now I have to decide if I want to start progesterone again. I did it last time (Crinone gel) and it didn't help- it was a Trisomy anyway, so there's no way it could have. My progesterone is in the normal range, but low normal. It can't hurt but: 1. It is icky, 2. It caused me more exaggerated symptoms last time, and 3. It masked the fact that there was a problem with the baby by prolonging a pregnancy that was doomed to fail no matter what due to chromosomal abnormality. So, mixed feelings.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
Elohcin and JenX - congrats on the scan! That's very exciting that you two both saw the heart beating. Very encouraging also. I really hope things continue to go well for the two of you.

Welcome to the board Nance!

Hey honey we are in the April babies 2013 group over in 1st trip, im due the 10th. I lost a baby Jan this year due to a partial mole, i wasnt allowed to try again for 6 months (1st of august) but we made a promise to try once on the 19th of july, and it worked !!!

When i lost the baby (before they knew it was a mole) they kept telling me how common it is, what the statistics are blah blah... which was suppose to help me at the time, but now im pregnant again that information has just added to my worry. but something inside of me tells me this one will stick, but i dont want to have to much hope incase im wrong, its all very confusing. I have not told many people yet and i have not had enough confidence to change my bnb Siggy and just removed my old one ready to add the new one adding my april due baby. xx

Hi I'm Shelby, I'm due april 27 2013. I lost my first pregnancy January 22 at 14 weeks. I am here for support, I need support too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->