April 7, 2012 - First time mommy! I really want a buddy!

we go in for our next appointment on oct 6 so in a week. Based on my last scan I'm officially 13 weeks (not going to change my ticker). If I'm honest with myself I'm not AS sick as I was a couple of weeks ago but I'm still miserable. I'm still getting sick around once a day but I've cut back on the meds one cause i'm sick of taking meds and two because of the side effects.

I so hope this 2nd tri gets better. I really want to cook and eat real food. Someone told me this morning I look tired. I wanted to hit him. :)

You poor thing! I don't have much m/s but I can't cook...anytime I do I get sick and can't eat it. I also don't enjoy anything that I eat. I eat a lot of bland food just to have something in my stomach...so hopefully I will be able to enjoy soon.

Is anyone starting to show at all? I'm still not convinced besides being tired and occassionally nauseated that I'm actually pregnant!

i think my bloat has turned into a bump...i haven't felt bloated in a while but my tummy is still there so my thought is it's now a bump...I'll have DH start taking pictures this weekend

hey ladies, I just had a tough day and night- yday woke up with a minor headache took 1 Tylenol and tried to go on with my day only for it to get worse in the afternoon and then again after midnight. Called my doctor she said that tension headaches are normal when not accompanied with other symptoms- since i had no other symptoms and my blood pressure was normal, took 2 more pills and just rested all day today. While headache is gone, im just so drained and tired. Bc I always got headaches before being pregnant doc says pregnancy will exacerbate it more but to watch out for it during 2nd and 3rd trimester as it could mean more serious things then.

my nausea has gotten better its really here and there now, so that's always good.

I've got my 12 week scan on monday and I cant wait to see my bean :) regardless of this, gotta stay focused on the main goal :baby:

I had the worst headache yesterday too and still lingering today! I never take anything besides my heart meds so I'm waiting it out :/

ugh headaches are the worst! hopefully yours will pass soon :hugs:

we go in for our next appointment on oct 6 so in a week. Based on my last scan I'm officially 13 weeks (not going to change my ticker). If I'm honest with myself I'm not AS sick as I was a couple of weeks ago but I'm still miserable. I'm still getting sick around once a day but I've cut back on the meds one cause i'm sick of taking meds and two because of the side effects.

I so hope this 2nd tri gets better. I really want to cook and eat real food. Someone told me this morning I look tired. I wanted to hit him. :)

You poor thing! I don't have much m/s but I can't cook...anytime I do I get sick and can't eat it. I also don't enjoy anything that I eat. I eat a lot of bland food just to have something in my stomach...so hopefully I will be able to enjoy soon.

Is anyone starting to show at all? I'm still not convinced besides being tired and occassionally nauseated that I'm actually pregnant!

I cant button my pants so Ive been wearing a belly band and this all just happened within a week. I work at a gym so I wear a looser shirt with black workout pants and have even had some ladies comment on the fact that Im starting to show. I cant believe how big i am already, its worrying me that maybe Im just getting fat and that its not all the baby!! This is my first so.... I dont know!

hey ladies, I just had a tough day and night- yday woke up with a minor headache took 1 Tylenol and tried to go on with my day only for it to get worse in the afternoon and then again after midnight. Called my doctor she said that tension headaches are normal when not accompanied with other symptoms- since i had no other symptoms and my blood pressure was normal, took 2 more pills and just rested all day today. While headache is gone, im just so drained and tired. Bc I always got headaches before being pregnant doc says pregnancy will exacerbate it more but to watch out for it during 2nd and 3rd trimester as it could mean more serious things then.

my nausea has gotten better its really here and there now, so that's always good.

I've got my 12 week scan on monday and I cant wait to see my bean :) regardless of this, gotta stay focused on the main goal :baby:

sorry to hear about your headache, I have had two horrible ones this week!

Post a pic after your scan!! How exciting, I wanna see my baby again!

I bet your bump is adorable! My pants have actually been falling off which is super uncomfortable. I'm not a small girl to begin with though so I think it's normal for me to be showing yet. Plus my dr says my baby may be smaller so I'm taking that into consideration. I haven't seen my dr since 8+5 and my next visit isn't until almost 16 weeks. I hate this limbo! And I still have a headache!

Hi Ladies,

Had my 12 week scan yesterday and finally my little bean looks human! DH and I were so into looking at the baby that we barely paid attention to the lady taking the baby's measurements for the NT.
Anyone else had them ask if they had Jewish heritage? We found that question kinda weird...My DH has Jewish heritage but forgot to ask them why the question.

We get the results in a week so its a little nerve racking but I know our :baby: will be fine:thumbup:

The baby kept showing us his/her hand and it was jumping all around :happydance: Heartbeat was strong at 164.

here's the baby!

Attachments

• baby hutko.jpg
    baby hutko.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi Ladies,

Had my 12 week scan yesterday and finally my little bean looks human! DH and I were so into looking at the baby that we barely paid attention to the lady taking the baby's measurements for the NT.
Anyone else had them ask if they had Jewish heritage? We found that question kinda weird...My DH has Jewish heritage but forgot to ask them why the question.

We get the results in a week so its a little nerve racking but I know our :baby: will be fine:thumbup:

The baby kept showing us his/her hand and it was jumping all around :happydance: Heartbeat was strong at 164.

here's the baby!

what a beautiful picture!! I'm so upset I didn't get a 12 week u/s. I didn't even get a 12 week appointment. My next one is at 15.5 weeks and it's just blood work and sono. I find out gender at around 18 weeks though :).

I know I was asked when I first got pregnant about Jewish heritage and it's been in my maternity books as well. It just has to do with birth defects, genetic disorders with the Ashkenazi Jews in particular. I'm sure you guys have nothing to worry about!
XO

Thanks! We are so happy! It was amazing to actually see a human baby in there, especially since sometimes besides the fatigue and the nausea I find it hard to believe I'm actually pregnant.

So are u not doing the NT test since you didnt get a 12 week scan?

I, too, hope we are able to find out the sex of the baby as early as we can (I think the books say 16 weeks is the earliest possible?) I'd hate to wait any longer if I don't need to. Def gonna give the baby a pep talk right before that appointment :haha:

I honestly didn't even know about the NT scan until I started reading about everyone else's. I'm going to call my DR to see about it.

I still can't believe I have a baby in there...

I honestly didn't even know about the NT scan until I started reading about everyone else's. I'm going to call my DR to see about it.

I still can't believe I have a baby in there...

Honestly all the worrying this test has given me, next time I'm opting out.

I figure the results probably wouldn't change anything for me anyways

exactly! The only good thing about it was that I was able to see my kid :cloud9:

hi ladies!

Well i had to miss my last appointment due to being admitted to the hospital AGAIN. This time for 4 days. I'm on new meds which i don't think work. I've got a new appointment tomorrow at 3pm. In the hospital we heard the hb on a doppler so not sure what she'll be checking tomorrow. I know i still need some blood work done. We've decided against the testing.

Lovely scan pic Lady! I loved watching our little one wiggle around.

Oh gosh futuremommy, im so sorry to hear that! Why were in your for 4 days? so long! I hope you are feeling much better now.

Hopefully the rest of the 2nd trimester will treat you better :hugs:

Yeah we're not doing the invasive testing either.

i have hypermesis or extreme morning sickness. I'm not able to keep food or drinks down regularly enough so i become very weak and dehydrated so I go in for IV fluids and meds. I probably should have stayed longer but i get sick of being in the hospital.

I'm really hoping for a better 2nd trimester we will see.

I'm over 14 weeks now and still not showing. I think I have a tiny tiny bump (I'm not super skinny to begin with), it's just so strange I will find out what I'm having in 3.5 weeks but I can't even tell I'm pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->