April BD's BRING May BFPs!!

I get what you mean, Waves! I would wait, if you can!

I am kind of enjoying the "ignorance is bliss" time. I know its too early to test as it is, but I don't think I want to drive myself testing as I get closer to 8, 9, 10dpo! Of course I am sure I will cave and test. I also have a standing order for blood hcg, and can go in anytime for a draw...tempting, very temping :)

Amanda-It will be interesting to see if the predictions come true! I'm very curious about mine. If mine comes true, I may freak out a bit bc she also saw twins in my timeline and DW's... lol I have no idea if readings really mean anything, but they're fun! lol

I completely agree with that pic you posted...I get tired of people wanting to portray such a fabulous life especially on facebook. I rarely post to fb anymore.

Cassidy-Five kids?! I agree, I love the idea of a big family with lots of kids running around. I was the same way as a kid...I've never given a crap about what my wedding would be like, I only wanted to be a mom someday. I can't wait for gigantic family gatherings with all my kids and grandkids lol

Rachel-Sex in the car sounds like fun! It's fun to be sneaky sometimes...lol

Nikki-I am the exact opposite, I spend too much money. I have to talk myself out of getting my nails done lol DW on the other hand is the one that is tight about money. I really hope you don't have to get to the point of talking about IVF and how to pay for it. If you don't do IVF, what would you do? Would you give up, keep trying naturally, adopt, etc???

Dannixo-I've seen you on another thread! Welcome! I hope you get your double bday presents!

Julie- I'm giving myself til Jan to do a mixture of iui and natural. Then I will do ivf in Jan if we have to dh is all about ivf if its needed. No offense, but its funny your dw is like me with money.... I blame our Jewish-ness. I always say I'm a Jew when it comes to money.

Hiiii ladies!!!

Jeeez! I need to make an effort to check in more on the weekends!

So... welcome newbies! I need to review the names again!

Cassidy - Sorry for AF, and Sonia, YAY for AF! What a dicotomy...
Cassidy, I was thinking it was your month... BUT it WILL happen. Try to think about your trip! I am so jealous!

As for the big family thing, I am one of 4, and I wouldn't have it any other way! We are all very close, yet we all each have individual bonds that are so special. I am the oldest (30), my brother is 26, my other brother is 22, and my sister is 20. Big spans, but it never meant we weren't close.

People got on me for so long about having my kids far apart. My son is three and won't be four yet when #2 arrives, but people act like it is such a big gap! My brother is 4 1/2 years younger than me and we grew up extremely close! I want 3, maybe 4 but we'll see how it goes. Sibling relationships are like nothing else, and you can't have too much love, right? And frankly, if you make a modest living but you are responsible, it doesn't take millions of dollars to raise happy, healthy kids. My DH and I make decent money, but nothing crazy (if we didn't live in L.A. we would have much more disposable income...). Our son is spoiled (why not, right??? He won't be an only child forever, and he IS my precious little buddy), and he is loved and nurtured and healthy. Our bills are paid, we are fed, clothed, have reliable transportation, have a small and modest home (that we OWN), wonderful extended families, spoiled pets, and some left over funds for nights out. I really don't think we need anything more. Money does not make a good family...

AFM, had a crappy pregnant day yesterday. I am over feeling tired. If I can make it two more weeks through the fatigue, I will do a dance for joy! I had such bad gas pains all night I hardly slept... it is the worst having gas cramps and your body is physically NOT able to pass the gas. I was almost in tears... Then woke up at 5:00 to pee (could NOT hold it), then the alarm went off at 5:45. Luckily I do not have to work tomorrow. I can make it through today!

I am feeling the urge lately to be super healthy! I bought all the stuff to make smoothies at home. My son REFUSES to eat green foods. I can get him to eat green beens if they are covered in butter (*shaking my head*), or lettuce if it is smothered in ranch or ceasar dressing. SO I was thinking I would thrown some spinach into a smoothie and see if he'll drink it. I have made them before for me and they just taste like fruit. I figured a banana, pineapple juice, some blueberries and spinach, maybe a cucumber, and just maybe he'll eat it... I can't let him see that it's green though... hopefully the blueberries will make it look more purple-ish...

AFM, had a crappy pregnant day yesterday. I am over feeling tired. If I can make it two more weeks through the fatigue, I will do a dance for joy! I had such bad gas pains all night I hardly slept... it is the worst having gas cramps and your body is physically NOT able to pass the gas. I was almost in tears... Then woke up at 5:00 to pee (could NOT hold it), then the alarm went off at 5:45. Luckily I do not have to work tomorrow. I can make it through today!

I am feeling the urge lately to be super healthy! I bought all the stuff to make smoothies at home. My son REFUSES to eat green foods. I can get him to eat green beens if they are covered in butter (*shaking my head*), or lettuce if it is smothered in ranch or ceasar dressing. SO I was thinking I would thrown some spinach into a smoothie and see if he'll drink it. I have made them before for me and they just taste like fruit. I figured a banana, pineapple juice, some blueberries and spinach, maybe a cucumber, and just maybe he'll eat it... I can't let him see that it's green though... hopefully the blueberries will make it look more purple-ish...

Aw man, sorry that you're not feeling well!

I have a great book that I can send you, if you want. It is called "deceptively delicious" and the title says it all :) The author uses pureed veggies in all sorts of kid friendly recipes-- brownies, cookies, etc. and the best part is that you can't tell! My copy is a bit beat up but id be happy to send it to you if you want it.

Aw man, sorry that you're not feeling well!

I have a great book that I can send you, if you want. It is called "deceptively delicious" and the title says it all :) The author uses pureed veggies in all sorts of kid friendly recipes-- brownies, cookies, etc. and the best part is that you can't tell! My copy is a bit beat up but id be happy to send it to you if you want it.

Deceptively Delicious??? Thanks! I'll look and see if it is available on Kindle! Thank you!!! :flower:

Emily- sorry you are feeling cruddy! :hugs: I hope it passes soon. Me and my brothers are all 7 years apart. It admittedly made it hard for us to bond at first but we are closer now.

DH and I are only planning on having one child and I sometimes wonder how not having siblings will be like for them. We have thought about having more but idk. Since we aren't very big money earners here, I wanted to focus more on one child than have to split between 2. I am talking about things like college funds etc.

AFM- 2dpo and I am so happy I ovulated. I literally did a happy dance when my temps stayed high. I can't wait to get my confirmation cross hairs on FF tomorrow :D. I am going to TRY not to ss but I know that's not going to happen :haha: I am so bad with that.

Nichole - Soooo happy you ovulated!!!! :happydance: Woot-woot!!!

I think having one child is great if it means huge opportunities for him/her! More money for college, more money for extracurricular activities, more one-on-one time with parents, etc. If that is what makes you and DH happy, you will have a wonderful family because everyone is content.

I grew up with two siblings, but honestly can't imagine having more than one child. I am positive that we will, but I think its a fear factor right now. Babies take so much constant attention, how can you manage another child at the same time? I would be scared that my older child would feel left out, simply because babies require so much!

AFM, I am currently 5/6dpo and nothing really new. My boobs hurt like crazy, but they always do in the tww. I have had some gentle cramping/ pulling in my uterus, but I think I am just imagining it! I still haven't gotten any tests..considering ordering some IC off of amazon..they wouldn't be here until tomorrow anyways!

eta: I just bought 25 wondfo HCG's off of amazon. Couldn't resist.

nichole, i am also 2dpo and while i want more than one child in a perfect world, OH and i have already discussed having only one. we shall see. lets SS together (no! no! jk!)

My husband was laughing at me earlier because I was talking about how my bbs felt weird. His exact words to me were 'You just can't resist symptom spotting can you?' :haha:

My husband was laughing at me earlier because I was talking about how my bbs felt weird. His exact words to me were 'You just can't resist symptom spotting can you?' :haha:

hahaha! that's great!

I kept asking OH if my nipples were darker last night! The day before my bbs were hurting and I was telling him about it, he goes "well, no sh*t, you have them squeezed into a sports bra that always makes them hurt!" whoops.

So ladies, DF's tests finally came back. He tested negative for Lyme disease but positive for the lyme disease antibodies, so the antibiotics they gave him worked and got rid of it- but she said the antibodies show he's had it for a year or two and it can have serious long-term side affects- she says he has arthritis now which is why he's in so much pain and will probably have it the rest of his life.

But it's so much better news than what it could have been.

Cassidy, thats WONDERFUL news! I'm sorry that he will be in pain for the rest of his life, but luckily there are many ways to (healthily) manage pain nowadays!

Do Lymes antibodies have any effect on sperm count?

Cassidy- What exactly does that mean? Can he develop the disease? How can you get it... genetic/touching something?

Glad it isn't worse and glad he got checked out, but sorry you have to deal with this!

Also I second Robert's questions.

Cassidy- What exactly does that mean? Can he develop the disease? How can you get it... genetic/touching something?

Glad it isn't worse and glad he got checked out, but sorry you have to deal with this!

Also I second Robert's questions.

goldstns, from what i know about Lyme's, it is generally passed by ticks.

Cassidy that's great news... well not about the arthritis but it could have been so much worse.

Does anyone else watch Kourtney and Kim Take Miami? I am SO guilty of getting sucked into the bad reality shows. The most recent episode included Kim telling people about her pregnancy. I was over here bawling, of course.

It's passed by ticks, from what I've read it doesn't affect sperm count- but it is carried through all sorts of bodily fluids so now i'm wondering if I may have contracted it from him now. I don't feel any different, but reading that concerned me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->