April BD's BRING May BFPs!!

Sorry Nichole....
Do you know the tv show biggest loser? Where they compete to lose weight. Just something like that to hold us accountable. We can make up the rules. I just need someone to push me to do it.

Maybe some of the rules could be (these are just suggestions):
Have to work out at least 4 days a week...for 30 min
Every time you eat an unhealthy snack you have to add 20 min to your work out that day (I know calorie wise its not equivalent but its a punishment that might make you think twice about eating the snack)
If you eat fast food for a meal u have to add a whole extra day of working out to your week
As for food, we could come up with a plan....

We could start out announcing our weight and every Thursday we can weight ourselves and check in. Everyday we can encourage each other.

Anyone interested? If so feel free to add rules/ideas/nix my rules....

Nikki-I think it sounds like a good idea to have all that stuff at one doctor. I'm surprised to hear your fertility doc isn't handling all of it already lol I would trust the fertility doc with all that before I'd trust the gyno anyway...

I'm totally up for a biggest loser thing! That would be fun! When will we start? Are we going by lbs lost? Will we have a reward or just the title? lol How often should we weigh in? Exciting!

Feel free to punch me via the internet, but I am underweight so prob not a good idea for me. But, I think it is an awesome idea for those who want to lose weight

Oh and as far as your fill in Dr not listening to you, you need to call back and be persistant, or find a different doc....or like you said, take it to your RE.

Ugh. I am getting reallly faint lines on dollar store cheapies if I tilt them. I went out and bought a box of FRERs...bfn. Must be line eye. I hate FRER. I always say that, then I buy them. Some company needs to come out with another pink dye test...

You got your post up before me lol As far as food, I am working with a nutritionist. My hair analysis should be back Thurs or Fri this week, so hopefully she'll have a meal plan for me starting next week at the latest. So, I will pretty much be eating what she tells me to eat, at least for the first month. I am totally down for the work out portion! That sounds perfect. Just curious, why did you pick Thursday as a weigh in day?

Rachel-I don't think I've ever been underweight! lol I've always had a little meat on my bones...I hope those are real lines! How many dpo are you?

Everyone's talking about when they're testing so I thought I'd pop in and ask your opinions!

I'm having my Implanon removed tomorrow and we've been TTC starting this last week. I've read so much (even more today) about how it's possible to ovulate/conceive within days-2 weeks of having it removed. Several people said their doctors told them it's possible for you to ovulate 6 hours after removal but the majority said they ovulated 2 days after and got pregnant right away, before having a period... therefore not really knowing when to consider AF late.

All that being said, the plan is to BD tonight, have the implant removed at 10:30am, BD tomorrow night & the next 2-3 nights. I don't want to overdo it so I'm not sure how many days after the removal we should bother... but I also don't want to miss the egg so we'll see. Anyway - when do you think I should bother testing? I read a suggestion to someone else to wait 4 weeks from removal to test but I like the idea of a 2ww better than that of a 4ww. Just curious to see what you ladies think! Thanks!

Julie- glad u like the idea. I have a meal plan idea so we can all do our own meal plan, but keep with the exercise and penalty when eating bad. I picked Thur because if are bad over the weekend u have a few weekdays to make it up. I'm worse I've the weekend.

Want to start this Thur? And ull get your meal plan around then so it will be perfect. My meal plan is a combination of removing carbs and weighing out my food.
Should we do an award or just bragging rights? Do we have a time limit or weight limit to reach to end the game?

Nichole you in?
Anyone else?

waves-I say test every week! If bding everyday is too much, you could totally cut down to every other day.

My RE told me if I iked my other doc then just let her do her thing...and I do like the doc but with her gone for the next 2 months because of maternity level, I don't like her helpers. So I have a call to my RE about him taking over my prolactin. I'm sure he will...he just didn't want to step on my other docs toes.

Waves- how about testing in 3weeks. Gives your body a few days to ov and then the average LP is like 15days...so a few extra days for that.

Lol Good idea with the Thursday weigh in! I think that all sounds good. This Thursday sounds good. We have a camping/float trip we do every year. I have been slightly bigger each year, so I would REALLY like to be at least a few lbs lighter this year...So, I have until June 6th to knock a few lbs off. About how many lbs are you looking to lose?

My goal weight is 125-135. I have about 60 lbs to lose to reach that. At this point though, anything less than what I am now would be awesome! I just want to feel better about myself. I feel super out of shape and old, so I know I need to make some major lifestyle changes.

I don't know what a reward would even be...maybe bragging rights would be fine. I don't know about the limit or how long to do it. Maybe do a month or two? Or just start and see how it goes? I know not everyone will have as much to lose as I do.

Julie - I am 10dpo. I'm pretty sure I'm just in my crazy phase of the TWW where I begin to hallucinate. I see things others can't see. Like lines on HPTs that don't exist :help:

waves - have you thought of using opks after you get it removed? I would recommend 3 weeks or so to test, but I am an addict so I personally wouldn't be able to wait that long lol.

waves - have you thought of using opks after you get it removed? I would recommend 3 weeks or so to test, but I am an addict so I personally wouldn't be able to wait that long lol.

Honestly, I've never used them so I don't know how they work/what the deal is there haha. 3 weeks just feels so far away!

waves-I say test every week! If bding everyday is too much, you could totally cut down to every other day.

Waves- how about testing in 3weeks. Gives your body a few days to ov and then the average LP is like 15days...so a few extra days for that.

Thanks all! 3 weeks just seems so far away but also realistic haha. Last time I was TTC, I tested often and just got BFNs. That ended up being a chemical pregnancy so when I conceived just two weeks after that loss, I didn't test until I was a week late for my period (based on the first day of my last period being the day of my loss, not the day I would have started before then.)

Julie- I would like to lose 60 lbs too. Lets just shot for that goal! I know its a big one! My "small" scale goal is 2-4 lab a week.

I am also interested in new, good, healthy recipes. So those of you not playing can always offer up some new recipes and encouragement :) it would be really appreciated!

Waves- I agree with Rachel... try OPK's. They are easy. You get to pee on a stick and the 2 lines have to be equal in color. Then once you accomplish that, then HCG test 2 weeks later.

2-4lbs a week sounds good to me too! Whoever reaches their goal first gets one million dollars! It can be provided by all those who are not participating lol No, I think it will just be fun to have someone to hold me accountable and go through the whole thing with me. I'm excited!

I want to join with the weight loss thing but in the past, weight loss groups stressed me out. I lost 62 pounds before going from 250 to 188 for my wedding. I gained some back stress eating when DH was going through his cancer battle. I spent a lot of time on myfitnesspal.com. I used it for the community and the food tracker. I am working on losing weight again but I am not going as hardcore as I did before. I'm going for 1/2-1 pound a week.

Remember to drink a sh** ton of water when trying to lose weight!

Waves- I agree with Rachel... try OPK's. They are easy. You get to pee on a stick and the 2 lines have to be equal in color. Then once you accomplish that, then HCG test 2 weeks later.

Oh goodness, I'd be sitting here over-analyzing the shades of color! At least with a HPT, 2 lines is 2 lines is 2 lines haha.

Yay, Nichole... glad you will join us. It will be good for all 3 of us in whatever capacity we do it in! Im already proud of us!

I am also interested in new, good, healthy recipes. So those of you not playing can always offer up some new recipes and encouragement :) it would be really appreciated!

Skinnytaste.com is AMAZING! I also have a pinterest board just for skinny recipes

During the ttw I do pregnancy workout videos because I am irrational and think bouncy, strenuous workouts might make that egg not stick. During all the other times I have a few exercises I do during the week. My biggest problem is food. I LOVE to bake and have the biggest sweet tooth. And cheese..... I love cheese.

I am 8dpo and haven't tested yet because I have no tests. My IC's are going to arrive in the mail tomorrow and I am not sure If I can wait until then! I had to hold myself back from stopping at the drug store on my way home. I am hoping I can hold out to test until 10dpo FMU!

How is everyone else doing? I want in on the biggest loser thing! I don't really have any substantial weight to lose but I'd like to lose maybe 5-10 lbs anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->