April BD's BRING May BFPs!!

Mirolee - Thank you, but I am actually not that thin. I would say average (pre-baby weight, 5.3 and 135 lbs). That put me exactly at mi-range. You can't tell from this pic, but I kind of have a ba-donk-a-donk booty and hips/thighs. A lot of my weight rests in that area. LOL... my butt got so big with my last pregnancy it was hard for me to get maternity pants on... that always makes you feel awesome.

Nichole-Hopefully since we are just checking in online, it won't be too stressful. I don't like doing it where people are seeing me everyday. I like to focus on my own thing. Plus, someone in my group usually gives in and then I follow suit...so I think the online thing will be helpful! lol Good job on your previous weight loss! I think it helps when you've been able to do it before. I lost about 20 lbs at one point, so I know I can do it again.

Amanda-The more the merrier! As far as testing, I usually crack around 8 or 9 dpo...it's so hard to wait.

Emily-So glad the appointment turned out well! Hopefully you can relax now :) Well, at least after this icky part passes lol
Yay for DH's new job! New jobs are always so scary!
I think you are starting to look preggo, but not that much at all. Still that time where it's like, "she could be preggo or she could have just put on and extra 5 lbs"...You are close to 3 months though and it is your second baby! So, you should be showing faster :)

Laura-You girls are welcome to cheer us on or kick our butts lol I really hope you girls are right and we are all preggo by the time you have your babies :)

Rachel-I have high hopes for you still!

Cassidy-That's a fun reading! Is it just me or does it kind of sound like Amanda's...lol Wasn't her's the same but Feb 21st and only 1 more kid? lol I can't wait to see if any of these come true! I really can't help but feel like I won't get my bfp until September just like my card reading said. Of course I keep hoping I get it sooner, but that feeling is still there...

Emily-I think you look great! I am 5' 3" and my goal weight is 125-135. I would love to be back to that weight before getting preggo, but that's hopefully not going to happen lol You definitely do not look like you have twins lol

Emily you look great. I don't see it looking like twins.

If my goal weight is 140-150 (im 5'3'') is that bad? I also want to have muscle and be fit looking. So that is where my "extra" weight will be. I used to be 148 and honestly, I wouldn't have wanted to lose more then 5 lbs, if even.

I think you have a lovely bump Emily!! I started to show this time about 2 weeks ago, so I think it's normal with second bubbas.
We are near enough the same size pre pregnancy, 5ft3, 130 lbs! Lets see if we can get back there post pregnancy!

Emily you look great. I don't see it looking like twins.

If my goal weight is 140-150 (im 5'3'') is that bad? I also want to have muscle and be fit looking. So that is where my "extra" weight will be. I used to be 148 and honestly, I wouldn't have wanted to lose more then 5 lbs, if even.

People are silly, right? They say such odd things. I am not overly sensitive, but then it makes me wonder... could it be twins??? Yeah, probably not.

As far as your weight, it matters in your body type, too. I have smallish boobs (normally a small to regular C), so I can't count on much weight to come from there. Being healthy is much more important than the weight. I took me a long time to get down to 135. I was close to 160 after my son was born and was trying to get down to 128. My body jst won't do it. I think genetically your body knows where it is supposed to be, and my settling point is 135. I would have to eat less than 1200 cals a day to keep dropping weight at that point! Hellll noooo!!!!

i am 5'3" and 148. it doesnt matter if i work out or not, the weight stays the same. i do get more toned, clothes fit better, but the scale doesnt budge. my dr said i could "lose 5-7 lbs" and i was like, "look at my chart. >10 years, same weight". for me and my body, it just doesnt matter. golds, a fit and strong 140-150 is totally reasonable.

It looks like we are all shorties on here! 5'3" club! LOL!

Cassidy- How exciting! We could be bump buddies!!! I hope she's right! I actually just squealed out loud! haha

Emily, you look great! What a cute bump!

Nikki- It would be awesome if you had a sucessful IUI then, too! June bfp's and February babies! :)

I'm 9dpo and still haven't tested, but I just don't feel like this is my month. I have IC's coming in the mail today, so we will see.

I am 5'6 and 137.2lbs (as of this am, fully clothed). I am more comfortable at 126-128lbs, So that will be my goal!

So I checked my temp, 98.2! That's above where it usually is before AF. Not by much but it's up there. No more pink this am, just some residual brown.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that sounds like it was implantation bleeding to me! Good luck :)

My Implanon has been removed! I was 10 minutes late to my appointment thanks to there being absolutely no parking (I've never had that problem at this hospital before) so I had to wait another half hour being even getting called back.

The nurse asked why I was having it removed (if I was have any bad side effects or whatever) so I told her we changed our minds. Decided we want a much closer age gap between the baby and our next. She got excited and wished me good luck about a dozen times and said she hopes to see me soon. Then my OB came in, asked the same thing & when I told her she said she's happy to remove it for anyone who wants to give her another baby to deliver :) She said I'm good to go as soon as she removes it and that it's definitely possible to conceive in the first few days. She sent me home with dozens of prenatal vitamin samples & said she expects to be seeing me again soon. I hope so!

It felt so weird saying we were TTC while having the implant still in but now that it's out I can actually say we're officially TTC :)

Robert - 5'6"! You are like a tall supermodel compare to the rest of us! LOL! ;)

Waves, did all go well getting your implant removed?

Didn't see this until after I posted about the appointment, sorry! Went rather well. She had some trouble removing it because she said I have tough skin & the tweezers didn't want to grab onto it. She said something about my skin trying to form a capsule around the implant. She had to use a hemostat instead of tweezers to remove it but once she did, it was out in seconds. The worst part is the shot on numbing medication (same as with the insertion.) She put steri-strips on it & a pressure bandage which I have to keep on for 24 hours. No heavy lifting or getting it wet for 24 hours. But otherwise, she said we're good to start TTC right away :)

Thanks for asking!

Emily, I must be! I am technically a hair over 5'5" but I round up to 5'6 because it is so close! I have a super super long torso, too. With my last pregnancy you could visibly tell i was pregnant at 8 weeks and I had a pronounced bump at 11 weeks! At first I thought it was bloating, but my stomach was rock hard! It didn't change during the day. It was crazy-- and i loved it! :)

Waves- Great news! Having tough skin is good, literally and figuratively. How sweet of the nurse and the doctor! I think you already told us this, but how long did you have the implant in? Did they just put a steri strip on? no stitches? I have never seen someone with an implant, or even been offered one before. I don't think it is very popular here (or maybe just not on my insurance's formulary)

Waves- Great news! Having tough skin is good, literally and figuratively. How sweet of the nurse and the doctor! I think you already told us this, but how long did you have the implant in? Did they just put a steri strip on? no stitches? I have never seen someone with an implant, or even been offered one before. I don't think it is very popular here (or maybe just not on my insurance's formulary)

I got it inserted this past August so it was in for almost 8 months. She didn't have to stitch it up, just steri-strips. She said that she doesn't usually have to sew it up, so I'm assuming there's instances where they'd have to but it's usually just the strips. Works for me!

I personally liked the implant. I'd only heard of it within the last year and a half or so. They're good for 3 years and (apparently) you can conceive almost immediately whereas most other forms of BC can take 6 months or so for fertility to return to normal. My OB says many people use the implant for cycle control but it can go either way. Personally, I had no periods the entire time. I've read about women who had no period the first year but terrible/long/heavy periods after that and they got it removed right away. I've read about other women who bled for the first 3-6 months straight so they got it removed. Some complained of weight gain (30lbs or more) but I actually lost a bit of weight. The only complaints I have were that it seemed to make my psoriasis worse (I read some women developed psoriasis after getting the implant so I'm assuming that's what made mine worse/resistant to meds that previously worked) & it totally eliminated my sex drive which is a rather common side effect. Personally, I didn't mind that but it bothered my fiance haha.

ha ha ha! It sounds similar to the side effects of the depo shot! (I had it when i was younger and HATED IT though!)

Goodluck ttc! Im sure you will get a :bfp: soon!!

Like wise Emily, I am naturally bigger than my 130lb, I worked my butt off to get to that weight. Not sure i will ever see those numbers again but hey as long as I am healthy I am happy!
Everyone has their "happy" weight and knows what's best for them, doctors can get charts out and tell us where we "should" be but we know best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->