April BD's BRING May BFPs!!

Man, did anyone notice the picture on the home page... the one of the blonde pregnant lady laying in a hospital bed like she's ready to give birth? HAH!! Like anyone looks like that laying in that bed... hair all perfect, make up done up.... YEAH RIGHT. Let's get real with advertising shall we?

:haha: LOL! I don't even look that good when I go get my hair done! Haha!

But seriously, my cousin did... three schedule c-sections, and she never went into labor. She looked fresh as a daisy the second she was wheeled into recovery. :wacko: I looked like someone had dumped me in a swamp and clawed my out directly into recovery. Big different between "au naturale" and scheduled c-section, lemme tell ya.

Man, did anyone notice the picture on the home page... the one of the blonde pregnant lady laying in a hospital bed like she's ready to give birth? HAH!! Like anyone looks like that laying in that bed... hair all perfect, make up done up.... YEAH RIGHT. Let's get real with advertising shall we?

:haha: LOL! I don't even look that good when I go get my hair done! Haha!

But seriously, my cousin did... three schedule c-sections, and she never went into labor. She looked fresh as a daisy the second she was wheeled into recovery. :wacko: I looked like someone had dumped me in a swamp and clawed my out directly into recovery. Big different between "au naturale" and scheduled c-section, lemme tell ya.

LOL...I always imagine that I will look my worst, so that when/if the moment ever happens I won't look as bad as I pictured.

Ok, I have an appointment with my gyno tomorrow afternoon to have some testing done. Then she told me to call when I get my pos opk and we'll make an appointment for 7 days later. She said that she normally suggests someone wait 6 months before she does testing, but I guess she made an exception for me :) Yay! lol

I also make an appointment with the nutritionist at my chiropractor's office. She will do a hair analysis to see what minerals I'm short on and what toxins I have. Then she will make a meal plan for a month. That will be interesting to see! It will be nice to have someone tell me what to eat for a month...I think lol

So, hopefully I'll get some answers this week/month and get this ball rolling!

Nikki-I hope she stays away!

Nooo Nikki! Your temps are looking so wonderful this month! Last month your chart shows your temp start going down after 8dpo! I so have my FX for you!!!

Kyla- I saw that. LOL. Luckily I was in the room with my mom when she gave birth to my baby sister, I saw all the 'glamour' of labor and birth lmao.

Julie- That's wonderful news! I hope you get any answers and advice you need and it brings you closer to that gorgeous BFP!! :hugs:

Awesome Julie! Let us know how it goes... fingers crossed for a positive experience!

Thanks Cassidy! I had a little faith this month, but right now my faith has crashed. Oh well I knew better. Im sure she will show her face tomorrow!

Thanks ladies! Hopefully everything will be normal and taking better care of myself will help me relax and bring me one step closer to a bfp!

Nikki-You aren't out until she actually shows! Your chart does look nice :)

Nikki so many people say that they feel like AF is coming but it doesn't!!! I'm so hopeful for you this month!

Julie that's awesome that your dr was willing to do testing! Answers make such a difference as they give you a better idea of what's goin on. Yay!!! Good luck tomorrow!

Hey ladies.... We had our 12 week scan!

We have a wriggler on our hands apparently!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 6
Ahhhh LAUS!!! What an amazing picture!! Love it!! Do you have any guesses on the sex??

Ours is next Wedsnesday, this just made me soooo excited!! :))) So happy you got to see baby moving around all happy in there!! Xx

wow, first tri is over! that went quickly!

Laus, such a wonderful picture. Thanks for sharing!!!

Cassidy- good job on the POAS, unless you have been testing and not telling us. PS. when will you test next?

I was too scared to test today! After I took my temp and it came down a bit. I keep getting AF cramps but off and no, not constant and haven't taken Advil for them. I told myself if temps are good tomorrow morning and no sign of AF then Ill test tomorrow, but mentally I keep wanting to push it to Thur.

Thanks gals! Well I am still inclined to a boy....DH is convinced he saw a winkle but I think he is flattering himself as it was the same size as the babies leg!!! Lol!

I know, now it feels quick but it seemed to drag in the middle weeks.

Disney it is so exciting going for your scan, this is second time round for us and it was still soooo exciting! (and a relief!) Can't wait to see your piccy!

Thank you!! :) I was gonna say boy too, been trying my hand at the nub/skull in the first try posts! Haha!

And by "try" I obviously mean "tri". Damn you auto-correct! :)

Laus - What an awesome pic! I love it!!! I still think girl for you, but like I said before, I have awful intuition! LOL!

Julie - I am anxious to hear how your appointments go. It is awesome that you are taking these steps and being proactive about your health and taking charge of your reproduction! Kudos to you, lady! <3

Nikki - I felt crampy the day before my BFP, so it really doesn't mean much, ESPECIALLY if they don't feel the same as they usually do.

Cassidy - How is DF feeling? And how are you feeling in the AF dept? Any signs that she will arrive this week?

AFM, second day of headache... I can't tell if it is a bad tension headache or a mini-migraine... I feel like crappppp.... :( Tylenol doesn't do $*it...

And here is something I have been thinking about that I haven't told you ladies yet (I think Kyla is the only one I told...).
I have bipolar disorder and take daily medication to keep myself stable. I take a medication called Lamictal that stabilizes my mood (prevents wild swings), and I take an anti-depressant called Celexa to keep my OCD in check and prevent disturbing thoughts that cause BAD anxiety. I am on a low dose of the antidepressant, and have been told it is VERY safe to take until the third trimester, then I can start right away again after the baby is born and it is very safe.

When I was pregnant with my son, I had a HORRIBLE first trimester as I was undiagnosed and unmedicated. I almost had to be admitted and take a stress leave from work. The hormones caused havoc with my moods. When I told my psychiatrist I wanted to get pregnant, we worked on a medication plan. We started lowering my doses of the lamictal so now I am down to a half-dose and so far so good. He said the only risks with this drug is a *very* small chance of cleft-lip/cleft-palet, but no neural or developmental risks.

Anywho, come my appointment last Tuesday, and my OB sets me up with an appointment for a genetic counselor to discuss the risks of taking the lamictal. I am scared! I know it is best for me to NOT stop taking my meds! It would be dangerous for me and BABY. I emailed my psychiatrist and told him I don't know why I have to see the genetic counselor if he told me the truth about the risks. He said to go, because not knowing is more scary than being assured the risks are minimal.

Part of me just feels like they are trying to scare me into stopping my meds... what kind of position does this put me in? Stop my meds against my psychiatrists recommendations? WHICH in itself could be dangerous, as stopping an anti-convulsant mood stabilizer can cause seizures! I just have a feeling the appointment is going to cause me more anxiety than I already have...

Sorry for the novel. I just wanted to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->