April BD's BRING May BFPs!!

Lausie - Your bump is such cuteness! So cute in the polo shirt! Love it!

Nikki - What a relief... Hopefully your FIL will come through and help you guys out! I mean, he should have no issue paying him under the table... wouldn't it just be more work for him to have to file him as an employee and everything?

STG - That is crazy about the cold foods thing! Who woulda thunk...

Emily- Ya I just asked DH his opinion and he said he thinks FIL will give him work and will be able to pay us the difference between unemployment and what he was making, if not he will pay even more. He doesn't see his dad having issues paying under the table either. DH just said "its a conversation I don't want to have with my dad." I said "But its a conversation you have to have with your dad, our bill's need it!". He said "I know..."

So now its just nagging until he has the convo with his dad!

Lausie, your bump is so cute!

Emily, yours is too. I can't wait till I'm preggo!

One of my best friends is an acupuncturist who specializes in infertility (If you're in N. Cali and need someone, message me--- shes great! She gets people preggo who have failed IVF/IUI and been told to give up and use a surrogate/adopt). She often tells me not to eat tomatoes, potatoes, etc. during certain times in my cycle because they are "too cold and damp for my spleen". Who'da thunk?

Cassidy- how is that adorable little kitten of yours doing?

Yep, that's what mine said got me this time - too cold for the spleen. I'll have to watch potatoes and tomatoes, too (esp. potatoes, I love potatoes). And I've been advised to let my cold drinks (like milk) warm up a bit before I drink them, too.

(I live in Ohio - I wish I lived in Southern Cali, sometimes! The temp sounds so nice and better for my allergies.)

ST- It has been in the 80's these past few days in Cali! So very nice :) Allergies, on the other hand-- yuck! too much pollen in the air!

Yep, that's what mine said got me this time - too cold for the spleen. I'll have to watch potatoes and tomatoes, too (esp. potatoes, I love potatoes). And I've been advised to let my cold drinks (like milk) warm up a bit before I drink them, too.

(I live in Ohio - I wish I lived in Southern Cali, sometimes! The temp sounds so nice and better for my allergies.)

Yeah, the allergies here are pretty awful actually. We have been having high, gusty winds and it's really warm and dry. My allergies are awful... luckily allergy meds are OK to take...

The weather here in N Cali is killing me and it is only april! I am afraid to see what July and August will be like.

Got my replenishment of wondfos today. I ordered the 50 opks and 20 hpts lol. I am doing SMEP so I will start using opks on cd10. All these opks should last me a few months. I really hope this month will be a good one. I am kicking up my exercising a notch when these blasted cramps go away. I don't know how women can exercise when the witch is visiting. Main thing I need to work on is eating when I'm bored. I always find myself snacking even when I'm not hungry.

Ashlee - CONGRATS!! on your beautiful :bfp: hun!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!! This thread needed a BFP so happy for you! xx

Nikki - Glad everything turned out well with you at work - I hope things start to look up for DH too!

Laus - Absolutely adorable bump pic! Love it...and that shirt too! haha

Bubs - Love your little bump too and try not to worry, Im sure everything will be just fine on Monday! Ill be thinking of you!!

AFM - Stark white negative today, finally. After what I've gone through in the past two weeks, it was actually a relief to see that my body is behaving and the HCG is gone. I'm not sure if OPK will even work until my first AF comes but I got a ton of dollar store cheapies so im just gonna test away. There was a faint LH line today and I only checked bc I have blood tinged EWCM but who knows. Definitely not trying this month, we aren't even cleared to BD until my follow up Friday and even then I'm scared it going to hurt. I feel like everything up there must be so aggravated...

Disney - Hi sweetie! It's good to see you on here, and thank you for your encouragement. <3

Did your doctor say if AF should come around now that the Hcg is out of your system? Did he/she have any timeline as far as how long it may take to get a cycle again?

And yes, I imagine that the thought of sex is probably very unappealing right now. Just remember to there is no rush or pressure to do it until doc says it's OK.

2 Kinda long things in addition to that:

1. All of your guys psychic talk sparked me to go get tarot cards read. Vie seen this lady close by before and she had been pretty spot on so I figured, what the hell.
She.knew.everything. Everything about the miscarriage, everything about my upcoming promotion at work, what color the walls in our house were, where we were just on vacation etc etc...I could go on and on. She was amazing. She said we will have two kids very close together (which is what we wanted) and that I wont have to wait to long to be pregnant again. Most importantly, she said the baby is with DH's grandfather. Some closure.

2. I have been struggling. And I mean like two weeks haven't left the house to go anywhere but work, in bed at 7pm struggling. Mostly grief for my little baby, sorrow for DH and family who thought they were going to be aunties/uncles, mimi/papas etc...Guilt that I did something wrong, I had a glass of wine, DH and I got into a huge argument...anything I can think up. (My science brain knows that I didn't cause the inevitable and that a force greater then me controls things like that).

However, the other part of my struggle is that I face my grief and loss at home and then also at work. I am a cytogenetic technologist. 70% of what I do is cancer diagnostics for blood and bone marrow...the other 30% is prenatal diagnostics. This includes amniocentesis and testing on products of conception. Basically, when a woman has a miscarriage as I just did, you have the option of having the fetal tissue tested to see if the cause of the miscarriage was chromosomal (ie Trisomy 21/Down Syndrome). I do that testing (separate tissue, culture cells, and look at chromosomes) daily. Im sorry if that's offensive to anyone. The goal of the testing really is for the greater good, to provide closure to patients, and to also flag miscarriages that may be caused by a chromosomal abnormality in a parent that could cause future miscarriages.

Because of this, and because I seem to be getting worse instead of better, DH and I are going to start going to grief counseling on Monday. I really hopes it sets my mind in a better direction. Even just writing this now has helped. I really would like to start TTC again ASAP (2cycles) but I know my mind needs to be in a good place for a new pregnancy too. My goal is a BFP before my birthday in the end of August :)

GAH - its out. Thank you for reading xx

As far as I understand once the HCG is out of your system, *most* ovulate and then have their normal LP. Of course there are 500 variations to that...a realllly slow hcg drop (which I was scared of and that's why I was testing), no ovulation (which would be okay for now), and a missing AF (which would suck ass). Sooo, they say AF should show anywhere from four to six weeks from D&C. Two down, hopefully on the right track.

DH and I firmly decided to wait the two cycles event thought Ive read one is okay. I talked to my SIL, who is the only non-cyber person I know that's had a miss and she didn't listen to doc and got pregnant the following cycle with my beautiful nephew...who was born with a cleft palate. Although, odds are very high them not waiting is not what cause the cleft, but she said she felt very guilty about it for a long time and always thought maybe if they had waited it would have been different. Fear of something like that was the only thing that was holding me back from just going for it the first cycle and Im glad she was able to share with me and solidify our decision. It will be hard to wait but worth it for the peace of mind.

Disney, beautiful post, from the heart and so touching. I think what you do is awesome for so many people who wants answers after a loss. I also think counseling is the best idea; good luck to you and your husband. And hugs to you.

Disney, I think its great that you are giving yourself the chance to grieve. You have no reason, what so ever, to feel guilty. Miscarriages are mostly spontaneous and there was nothing that you could have done differently to prevent it. Your body will get back to normal when it is ready-- everyone takes a different amount of time to heal. I was really scared of having sex after the procedure, and I didn't find that it was painful at all-- I hope you don't have any pain, too!

Disney, I am sorry you have to go threw this pain. Whatever pace you need to grieve at is completely normal. I am glad you are going to seek help, it takes a strong woman to do that! I am also impressed that your husband will accompany you, what a good guy. Im sending prayers your way.

AFM, OPK test attached. I will be getting to BDing. Last night I asked DH if he wanted to take a break this cycle because of the uncertainty with jobs and such. He said he would be nervous if he was laid off and we got a positive. I said I agree, but that our next cycle option is IUI and I would rather try naturally then spend the money on IUI in the future. End result he said lets just try, which made me happy! PS. anyone get increase in acne during ov time? UGH mine gets bad! I hate it!

Attachments

• WP_20130424_002-1.jpg
    WP_20130424_002-1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 7
I saw several posts from women who tested in the morning and got a BFN but then tested again that evening and got a BFP so I've caved big time & tested 3x in the last day or so lol.

9dpo, FMU - BFN
9dpo, before bed - BFN
10dpo, FMU - BFN

Oh well. There's still plenty of time. I didn't test until a week after my missed period with my two daughters & then with my chemical I never got a BFP (I was testing during the 2ww) & since I don't really have a due date for AF, anything can happen still.

Nikki - I'm happy you guys are giving it one more go the natural route! And yes, I get acne if the wind blows in the opposite direction, so yes... O time = breakout time. I even get different kinds of acne during O and AF. During O it is like, big, cystic ance that HURTS, especially around my chin. During AF it is like the regular, red dot and bumps kind of acne. During pregnancy, it has been in between. BIG RED DOTS all over my cheeks and chin. Neutrogena makes an alpha and beta hydroxy face wash that is safe (very low salicylic acid and no benzoyl peroxide), and I use the seaweed toner from The Body Shop and it keep things is check. The red bumps still comes, but it reduces the oily-ness....

Disney - Your post was lovely. It was intelligent and heartfelt and genuine. You are very strong and smart. It is a brave and healthy step to go to grief counseling, and wonderful that DH is going with you. I know men and women grieve differently, so maybe it will help consolidate your feelings and bring you closer as well. I think it's natural to feel guilty, but at least you know that you have nothing to feel guilty about. It is all part of the grief process. My prayers and heart are with you. <3

I need some advice: My best friend is throwing a baby shower this Saturday for her sister. I am also friends with her sister because we were all college roommates. The shower is a 2.5 hour drive from my house. My best friend offered for me to sleep over Saturday night. Id have to leave in the morning Sunday because I have a lacrosse game at noon that is near my house. However, I don't know if I want to go for a few reasons, 1. a baby shower is hard in general to go to when I want to be prego so bad! 2. with DH laid off (most likely) it will be a lot with money for gas, gifts (it is also my best friends bday Monday so gift for that too), out to eat... 3. I would be going for my best friend (and I could celebrate her bday), not really the sister. {side note,isn't really fare for me to bring up, but: sister invited me to her wedding 2 years ago and we couldn't go, but I sent a nice gift. I invited sister to my wedding and she couldn't go... NEVER got a gift...}.... anyways should I just suck it up and go?

I need some advice: My best friend is throwing a baby shower this Saturday for her sister. I am also friends with her sister because we were all college roommates. The shower is a 2.5 hour drive from my house. My best friend offered for me to sleep over Saturday night. Id have to leave in the morning Sunday because I have a lacrosse game at noon that is near my house. However, I don't know if I want to go for a few reasons, 1. a baby shower is hard in general to go to when I want to be prego so bad! 2. with DH laid off (most likely) it will be a lot with money for gas, gifts (it is also my best friends bday Monday so gift for that too), out to eat... 3. I would be going for my best friend (and I could celebrate her bday), not really the sister. {side note,isn't really fare for me to bring up, but: sister invited me to her wedding 2 years ago and we couldn't go, but I sent a nice gift. I invited sister to my wedding and she couldn't go... NEVER got a gift...}.... anyways should I just suck it up and go?

Nah... just tell them about your DH's job situation and they shouldn't hassle you about it. Just send a giftcard if you want to contribute. *Side note: I know lots of people think gift cards are shoddy gifts, but I love receiving giftcards! They are practical, especially for baby and bridal showers! Sometimes you just don't know what you are going to need!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->