**April Bunnies 2015**

I'm sorry your second opinion confirmed it. I was hoping to see your next post would be a miracle update :hugs:
Your rainbow baby will be a strong little soul xx

Citymouse, oh, no. I am so, so sorry. I'm glad that you seem to be at peace, though. :hugs: I will miss your posts and I hope you'll check back in sometime.

Oswin, you're right--I'm glad and proud that I bf my dd despite the huge challenges we faced, and that we managed it for 7+ months even with the shield. I will definitely do whatever I can to bf this baby. I'm just not going to make myself a complete wreck again if we just can't get it to work. But hopefully this baby will be a natural at it!

Citymouse I am very, very sorry. You have such a strong attitude but I'm sure it doesn't make it hurt any less. Big hugs and I hope we hear about your rainbow baby soon.

I am also with all you ladies about breastfeeding. I got no help in the beginning. I thought all was going well because dd was gaining weight but then I started having a bit of trouble. Turns out dd had experienced a trauma to her throat at birth (either from being suctioned too hard or ng tube) and as a result wouldn't latch properly. I wasn't educated enough to know this. Her being in the NICU for 3 days also didn't help. So although she gained weight up to four weeks, at six weeks she had dropped back down to her birth weight. I tried increased feeding etc but she continued to lose weight. So I felt I had no choice but to combi feed. I did continue til 7 months though. This time I plan to be much better informed and there is more support available. The price of formula here is ridiculous so I'd like to avoid it, at least while I'm on maternity leave.

On a positive note, despite dd waking me a few times and crawling into my bed at 5:30am I actually feel less tired today! Yay!

Tried adding my bump picture but can't figure out how to do it on my phone

Citymouse-I'm so sorry to see this! If you have any questions about the results from you chromosome study please feel free to PM me. I'm a prenatal diagnostic geneticist and have had a trisomy 16 loss myself. Stay strong sweetie.

Oh I'm so sorry citymouse! I feel terrible for you, I hope your rainbow comes very soon. Huggs!!

I managed to get through the day somehow and am now in bed can't wait to sleep!! Tried my friends Doppler today but no luck so she pulled out our crappy ultrasound at work and gave it a go. Found baby and she saw a heartbeat. I didn't really get to ( thought I caught a glimpse) because when I lifted my head it moved. She was positive she saw it though and baby certainly looked bigger than last time though. I tried the Doppler again at home and for a second I thought I heard it but it was gone so fast. It's so early though. Will try again because I want to hear it so badly. She saw it but I didn't but I still feel so much better!

I feel bad for feeling better, I will miss you citymouse!

Citymouse-I'm so sorry to see this! If you have any questions about the results from you chromosome study please feel free to PM me. I'm a prenatal diagnostic geneticist and have had a trisomy 16 loss myself. Stay strong sweetie.
Thank you, I definitely will get in touch if any questions come up.

You're all so kind. Your comments are really a comfort.

:hugs: I'm so sorry to hear this citymouse. Thanks for being here for us for the past weeks.
I can relate to not feeling like it was right, that's how I felt when I had a mc.
Like everybody else is saying, do know we're here for you if you ever need anything! I'll miss you from this thread.

So I know I'm a little late to the party, but I'm so bloated I couldn't resist taking a pic! I know it's not an actual bump :haha: but it's kinda fun seeing what it might look like in a few weeks. It's also very low so it's not like when I eat too much hahaha :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 9
Maggz, you're so tiny that could very well be a tiny bump! Your uterus grows way quicker than baby. You look great :D

Aw thanks :)
Yeah it's probably the start of something by at least during the day I can suck it in ;) I think I mentioned it before but my friend that's built very much like me didn't start showing until 17 weeks... But then again she had hg which I certainly do not!
Maybe this is the start of the "is she or isn't she" phase :haha:

Citymouse, so sorry to hear about your loss! :( Big hugs to you!

I feel so awful today. my si joint, knee & ankle are killing me. I can barely move but even being in bed is painful.

I broke down and had an egg mcmuffin & 2 hashbrowns today. DH gets mcd breakfast every morning (though he's active & fit so you can't tell at all) and I keep telling him to never offer me any. well today I decided that I'm craving potatoes and wanted hash browns but he insisted on the egg mcmuffin bc of the egg...protein... I told him this will be my first & last time! I love hash browns though!

early in the morning my knee was bothering me...glad I decided against running on the treadmill as now my entire leg is in pain!!

lol and last night I felt a strong flutter...but then it turned out to be gas :haha:

I'm so sorry for your loss Citymouse. I hope you get your rainbow soon.

Oh no citymouse! I'm so sorry hunny. We are all here for you if you need to chat! Hope you get your rainbow baby soon xxxxx

Maggz you have a stunning figure, and such a cute bump!!

Perplexed I'm now desperate for exactly what you ate, it sounds delicious!

Sorry about that Oswin :haha: I completely understand though! I used to crave anything we all talked about in 1st tri with my first pregnancy :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->