**April Bunnies 2015**

Thank you all who responded regarding my nosy coworkers. Makes me feel a little better to hear that you too think it was rude and unreal that they could ask if I was pregnant. I can imagine them gossiping about me but if they even try to hint at me being pregnant again I'll say something sharp and clever to shut them up. This whole thing sort of took the fun out of planning to tell them. Now I feel like I have to be on my guard and not "act suspicious" around them.

Cute bump Tara! :)

Loving the bumps pics! Great progression already! I haven't really got much just a wee bit bloat.

I bf my ds for 6 months and it was one of the hardest times. He had tt and he fed constantly (no joke) I never got 5 mins break during the day with him. I ended up combining ff as it was not getting better.

I really really hope this time will be better (fingers crossed) I am dreading it actually :(

Today will be a long day. Iay have gotten 4 hours of sleep at the most. City mouse I hope you slept better! Couldn't fall asleep and then got hot so woke up and couldn't go back to sleep then when it was time to get up I fell asleep. Can't wait for this day to be over and it's only 5:30 am.

I ended up telling my officemate because he and his wife are good friends that have a one year old. Well another co-worker (I'll call him Lou- looky Lou) told him that he knows I'm pregnant because I have a glow and because he caught me on a day when I was really dizzy. It's awkward because I know Lou suspects but hasn't said anything directly to me, so I'm just trying to play it cool. Well, at my scan yesterday I was measuring 10 weeks, so maybe my body will end up giving it away soon enough! I can't believe that I'm nearing the end of first trimester. It seemed like it was moving so slow!

Today will be a long day. Iay have gotten 4 hours of sleep at the most. City mouse I hope you slept better! Couldn't fall asleep and then got hot so woke up and couldn't go back to sleep then when it was time to get up I fell asleep. Can't wait for this day to be over and it's only 5:30 am.

Being hot is the worst! Usually, I go to bed okay but once I wake up to pee, I am usually so hot it is hard to fall asleep. Im ready to be back on this couch! Went shopping yesterday and gap had really comfy sweatpants for $17. I cant wait to have them on!

MrsA congratulations on the surprise scan how ace!

Dini I'm so sorry about your horrendous night!!

Perplexed - don't get me started on support for bfing, it's despicable how little there is, considering the lengths they go to to persuade all mothers to try it. I'm lucky that I am A) insanely stubborn and B) have a fantastic husband, cos I got less than zero help from anyone medical. The one bit of 'help' left me sobbing in agony and barely able to move from the pain. And the rest of the time in hospital was spent with nurses telling me I was starving my baby and I'd never make enough milk, and they actually tried to force me to give him formula from the word go. Bloody morons! My milk supply was fine and so was my baby! They know nothing, a quick Google search would help you more than them :dohh: The NHS needs to screw it's blimmin head on!

*and breathe* :rofl:

That's so shocking oswin!! I can't believe they can't even offer advice with what to do with pain and such. I actually went to see my ob and another ob during the difficulties I had...no one could really advise anything and they just said they see no reason why my breasts would hurt and left it at that. :saywhat:

The nurses at the hospital insisted that there was no way I could bf dd with my right breast (flat) without nipple shields. At that point I was so overwhelmed and felt I needed 3 arms to feed dd. Once I got started with nipple shields dd would not even take the other breast without the shield :growlmad: later on I found out that nipple shields can cause supply to dwindle which actually happened to us when dd turned 4 months. She had frequent dry diapers for 5 hrs at a time... then one day went 12 hrs. Started refusing the breast completely and that's when she finally accepted a bottle. Then at her 4 month vaccination appointment there was no change in weight from the last time we were there :cry: I was overcome with guilt that even when I tried bf after the bottle and she refused I didn't want to keep trying...just stuck with formula. And my pumping output was 0 by then...not a single drop. At 3 months I could pump a little and at 2 months I had a good amount. It's those shields!! :growlmad:

My bump/bloat at 9+6.

https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/InsomniaticDND/20140911_132341_zps2ppj5uwh.jpg

I'm not the flattest of stomached people anyway, but it's really got bigger the last few weeks! I've already put on half a stone. I have to wear loose tops or else it's really obviously round instead of just fat!

My bump bloat!

My symptoms totally disappeared the last couple of day but now back today. I have had really bad nausea all day. I had to go back to bed for two hours while the kiddies were at nursery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 11
:hugs2: perplexed I'm so sorry you went through that, I hope it works out much more smoothly this time, whatever ends up happening! I've heard about nipple shields from friends, and they're always touted as being an absolute last resort as they can affect feeding themselves, but they've been a lifesaver for people I know. You did your best and that's all any parent can do, I hope you're really proud of yourself xx

Just found baby on doppler again. :D I thought I'd get addicted, but it's been three days since I last did it, and I only did it again now as I saw it whole I was tidying the washing and thought I might as well! Wriggly baby as always, hb of 169 :thumbup: hurrah!

Scottish- What is tt? My son also nursed constantly and I ended up having to combo feed him just to get a tiny amount of time to myself.

What Dopplers do you lot have? I had an angelsounds last time but may try a different one this time.

I have a sonoline b!

Got my ultrasound booked for Oct 30. Seems so far away!

I had the MAS Babywatcher last time and Sonoline B 3mhz this time.

Scottish- What is tt? My son also nursed constantly and I ended up having to combo feed him just to get a tiny amount of time to myself.

Tongue tie. The piece of skin under the tongue is too tight/short, which makes feeding very difficult. It's quite common, but hospitals seem useless diagnosing it, or treating it, even though it's insanely simple to treat and makes the world of difference. It destroys so many bf attempts. I'm all ready to kick some butt if baby has a tt :rofl: My friend had to with her second baby :haha:

https://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p686/Daphne_Willow/Mobile%20Uploads/download_zps5bf25542.jpg

Article on how crappy tt provision is here

Thanks Oswin- :dohh: I should have been able to figure that out. I know what tongue tie is. I shouldn't be trying to sort these things out when I first wake up in the morning. I don't do well with abbreviations as it is. I'm like an old lady in that way. My friend's daughter had tongue tie. But she had hers operated on. Before that, nursing would have been nearly impossible.

My son had reflux, which is why he ate all the time. He would eat and then spit it all back up. I started pumping my milk and putting it into bottles so that I could see how much of what he ate was coming back up. People kept telling me it wasn't that much, but I didn't believe them. I saw how much milk came back up and how he was immediately unhappy and hungry afterward. So, when I gave it to him out of the bottle, I saw that almost all of it was coming back up. The only way to get the breastmilk to stay down was to add formula. The thicker it was the better it stayed down and the happier my baby was. I agree with TaraCathryn. Having a happy Mommy (and happy baby) are also very important.
I am hoping to exclusively breastfeed this time just because I'd rather not have to spend money on formula. We'll see what happens.

I am constantly on the fence about a doppler. I actually just wish I knew someone here who had one I could borrow. All I want to do is find a heartbeat sometime between now and my next appointment. I am so anxious and nervous about going into my appointment with my son. I just want some way to know things are good by hearing the heartbeat before taking my son to an ultrasound.

Awww...love all these sweet little bumps!

MsA that is super exciting that you got an unexpected ultrasound! So glad everything's looking great for you.

Awkward/gross moment only a prego would understand. Being super excited that you feel a BM coming in the morning then trying to finish up and flush as quickly as possible because you're about to have to barf on top of it from the smell...and no one wants that splashing!:haha:

oswin- thanks :hugs: I hope next time is more smooth!

Rebecca- I know what you mean about the doppler. I would personally be highly obsessive if I had my own but I do wish I could borrow one to make sure bean is okay!

lovely bump shots ladies :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->