**April Bunnies 2015**

Try not to stress over weight girls, you're meant to gain weight!! Obviously being healthy and not overeating is best, but you still should be gaining weight (baby, fluid, extra blood, boobs changing, laying down fat) so maybe step away from the scales if it stresses you? This is the one time we can feel good about weight gain :thumbup:

Oh I wasn't stressing at all Oswin. I was just curious what others' experiences were. I was expecting to have gained a few pounds and was perfectly fine with that. I was just surprised to see that I had lost and was curious if anyone else had done the same without being majorly sick.

I'm up two solid pounds for sure and keep fluctuating on the 3rd lb. with DD I only gained 15lbs with a 8lb 10oz baby so I did ok! I'm hoping for the same.

Haha Sarah I was wondering the same thing! I've lost about 5lbs since bfp, but I feel fatter :haha: I think it's just cause I haven't been craving any junk food (I'd rather have grapes than chocolate :O... ) and I've been eating a lot of just straight up meat and potatoes.
I'm now down to my ultimate goal weight, haha, good to start 2nd tri off with the perfect weight ;)

I have my NT scan results back and everything is fine. My baby looked amazing with a strong heartbeat of 170 and was given the following odds:
Trisomy 21 - 1:4771
Trisomy 18 - 1:11350
Trisomy 13 - 1:35688
Everything was low risk so I won't need additional testing. These results are great considering I'm 35 and that had an impact on the odds.
And here's a picture of my beautiful baby O:) I'm so in love!

Welcome Sher!

How many weeks days were you for the Ultrasound?! Your baby is beautiful. :)

I was 11 weeks & 5 days but the baby measured ahead at 12 weeks & 2 days with 5,85 cm O:)

I was going to say! Your baby looks much more developed than mine. (It actually amazes me the difference between 10.5 weeks & 12.5 weeks, it's literally the difference between a baby blop & a real baby!)

What was the babies heartbeat? :)

What a cute picture! My baby's HB was 170. What about yours?
I agree, what a difference in just 2 weeks!

Sarah- I've lost about 8 lbs without really being sick. I've heard it is normal and that you will gain it back pretty quickly, more quickly than regular baby weight.

I lost 4kg (about 9 pounds) in my first pregnancy and I only started gaining any weight at around 20 weeks. This time I've lost 2kg. So kind of just hanging around there.

I did briefly wonder if I felt baby last night while lying in bed. But I'm not certain enough. I'll keep being patient about it!

I really am leaning towards a boy this time. I was putting my make up on for work today and my skin is shocking this time round! My forehead looks like a dartboard!

I've lost about 5lbs since my bfp but I gained about a pound back and am not worried but I am worried about the junk I've been eating. It's not terrible but I caved and had a Reese cup and mini butterfingers today. Just needed chocolate!

The scans are so cute girls!! Can't wait to have another!

I felt pretty good today most of the time, even had a bit of energy. Boobs are a bit more sore. Tried the Doppler tonight but baby had other plans. It let me hear it for about 2-3 seconds and decided that was enough. Little stinker! I'll try again tomorrow night after work.

Have a good day tomorrow, I'll be reading but may not get to post.

Any of you ladies planning on cloth diapering? I was going to do it with dd but got talked out if it. Not this time! I'm trying to decide what to buy.

Whatever I buy I'm going to have to order it all online. I'm really leaning toward Flip diapers. Anyone have any experience with two in ones vs pockets?

I'm thinking about it! I just don't think our washing machine is good enough for it, and I don't know how to rinse the diapers off well enough so there's not poop in the washer. My sister did it but her shower was next to her toilet so she could use the shower head to rinse off the poop into the toilet. Any thoughts on how to do it effectively and as minimally gross as possible (yes I know it's your baby's poop and it's not gonna be as gross as I think but smells really do bother me and I don't believe I'm gonna change a lot about that!)

Northern- I planned on it with my son, but changed my mind soon after he was born. I just didn't feel I could keep up with it.

Maggz- My main concern was/is the same as yours. I don't know how to get a soiled diaper clean before throwing it in the wash. I don't have a way or a place to conveniently do it. But it would save me a lot of money to do cloth diapers.

You can get toilet sprayers! That's what I'm getting! Then you can do a soak in the sink or bath tub if you want before hand!

https://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/...ductId=4060019&domain=https://www.toysrus.com

I used cloth with my dd a bit. You can get liners to put inside and that catches most of the poop and you can just throw it away. Also, before they start solids you really don't need to worry about it in the washing machine. It all gets washed away.
You do need to try out various ones as some may suit your baby more than others. I had a big problem with leaking with a lot of the ones I got. Northern when I have a chance to get onto Facebook I will post a link for a really great place to order them online. They have some gorgeous ones! And reasonably priced. They deliver worldwide.

I've thought about cloth diapers with dd...but I just felt too overwhelmed. When dd came it was really more overwhelming than I thought and I hardly had time to eat or use a breast pump let alone clean diapers... but now that I know what to expect maybe it's more do-able.

Weight gain wise I know with dd in first tri I already gained several kilos...by my induction day I went up to 77 kilos (169lbs) from my pre pregnancy weight of 54 kilos (118lbs), it was unreal!! And due to breastfeeding troubles/stresses I really couldn't get back to the gym till dd was 4-5 months. But I came down to 60-61 kilos (some days it's this some days it's that, lol) that's 132-134ish lbs. As of today I am 60.6 after being 60.3 last week. I wouldn't call this a serious gain more like fluctuating. My official weigh in days are Mondays. but honestly I'm not too worried this time round. I don't think anyone could really say what we should gain/not gain as every woman/pregnancy is different. it took pregnancy & lots of weight gain for me to appreciate my body. at 54 kilos I felt "fat" (crazy!) and thought I had a belly...but at 60 kilos I don't feel fat...I do have a belly that never went fully down after having dd, I could definitely tone up more but I feel great and love the way my body looks! This is such an achievement for me!

sorry for the essay but it's one of my feel good days...lots of days feel nothing like this lol

Good for you perplexed! I was always around 55-58 kg but then something happened (I think it was alcohol, honestly, I partied HARD one summer) and started gaining weight and I was just about 70 kg when I was heaviest. I felt really bad and fat, and it didn't help having my mom on the sidelines telling me "oh I see you've gained weight, what are you doing about it??"
Anyways, so I was pretty happy when I made it back down to 130lbs/60kg and now I'm right under that, or well I fluctuate between 128-131 depending on the day, which is fine by me!

northern that could be a good solution! I've never seen that.
beanonorder yeah I realize it's not REALLY feces when they're that little, it's just milk lol... but still I wouldn't want the residue in my washer. No offense to US ladies but I feel like the washers here are crappy :haha:

On another note I just got my doppler, and heard the heartbeat on the second try! :happydance: It was right around 160-170bpm, at first I was worried cause I thought it was slower but realized after watching a couple of videos that it was the placenta wooshing away over there! But baby (still sounds so surreal to call it baby) was way down and to the right of my bellybutton, and I had to push the wand down pretty hard to hear it.
I'm so happy cause in the back of my mind I was so worried. :cloud9:

I did cloth nappies with DD1 until she was potty trained with DD2 I used them until she was 8 months or so and then we moved house and had to temporarily live with my parents and not long after I went back to work.

I think I will do it again at least for the newborn 10-12 nappies a day part!

I have ordered my doppler, it should be here by the time I am 9 weeks at the weekend.

awww maggz it's awesome that you were able to hear baby <3

Amelie I wish I'd ordered a doppler too now.

today I'm at a clinic bc of a serious rash under my breasts. I've been putting baby powder on it but it's not helping...

Apparently the rash is fungal :(( it looks terrible ugh!

I mentioned to the dr that I am having contractions. I told her about my sch in my previous pregnancy also. I had a long serious cramp last night and it actually took my breathe away. The dr did an ultrasound and said she could see some contractions but thankfully no blood. She suggested i take progesterone. I think I have been overdoing it lately with workouts and so on...and probably not drinking enough. definitely need to rest more.

happy to have seen my baby though. s/he had little arms & legs and was moving it was gorgeous. took me back to seeing dd when she was the same size <3

Has anyone experienced food changing how it tastes? For example, I bought a coconut water on a really hot day, and didn't notice that it was the pineapple flavor. Although it's usually my favorite flavor, I felt like I was being poisoned- it was just very bitter. Then I had some eggplant the other day, and it tasted exactly the same!

I've had some normal aversions- DH made salmon yesterday and it wasn't as cooked as I would have liked it. The texture was so weird to me, I had to spit it out. In general, anytime I want something to eat I think pasta, and I have to force myself to eat meat, fish or chicken to make sure I'm eating enough protein. I would happily eat a vegetarian curry with lots of rice and almonds on top every meal of every day, and I guess I could get protein from lentils or chickpeas. Should I be concerned about my carb cravings/ lack of interest in proteins?

I wouldn't worry, I just eat what I have to to survive in 1st tri!

I mainly like beige coloured carbs and processed noodles. It is very odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->