**April Bunnies 2015**

Scottish what a fun day!

Beautiful bumps and scan pics ladies! I think I finally properly pooped this last week...I will post a pic soon.

Today was not a great day for sickness but my DH is cooking me dinner now....such a sweetheart!

Kala Haha I know it's a typo but I still laughed. Yes I'm 5. :rofl:

Sarah- Great scan picture! Keep on sharing. I love seeing scan pics.

Maggz- Your cravings are the opposite of mine! LOL Except I do crave Chinese food...mostly orange chicken.

I didn't start showing until somewhere into the 2nd trimester with my first pregnancy. I even compared pictures and my bump is the same size now as it was at 19 weeks with my son.

I wrote this lovely long post and my stupid phone lost it and then told me I was double posting!

Maggz I also had a good giggle at the typo - you aren't alone!

Lovely bumps! Rebecca I'm the same as you with growing rapidly! I'm the same size now a I was at 20 weeks with dd. I'm so glad I'm 12 weeks next week and a few days after that we have a week holiday. I'll be almost 14 weeks when we come back and I can tell everyone at work.
Its so nice to hear about those of you who appreciate your bodies more after pregnancy. I wish I could say the same! I have always had body image issues and they just became worse after having a baby. Even though my measurements and weight showed I was a similar size to pre-pregnancy I just looked in the mirror and saw BIG! It worries me how I'm going to be after this one. I'm hoping I'll be more pro-active with exercise now and afterwards so that the weight comes off a bit faster. I have a severe sweet tooth and that really doesn't help!

Northern (and anyone else who's interested) the website for the cloth nappies is alvababy.com.
My friend is environmentally conscious and cloth obsessed. With her first she did loads of research she was advised to use disposables in the beginning (by another cloth supporter!) because as a new mom there is such a learning curve with so many things. Although it is really easy to find your groove with cloth, you are trying to balance so many things that it can seem overwhelming. Especially if you end up with a c-section. Hope that helps someone!

I love the scan pics! I keep telling myself that by Oct 30th I'm going to have a very well formed kiddo in there!

Most definitely! And it'll look like a real baby, not a blob. (Not that our blobs aren't adorable, but I think it'll be so overwhelmingly beautiful for you!)

Ok, I think I've realised the problem with posts... The moderators need to check it because of the website. Sorry if multiple posts comes up from me!

This has been the worst day so far for nausea and vomiting. I do home visits for work and I pushed through and even managed to go to aquazumba but it was basically a form of torture. I was puking in my car in between home visits. I've spent the whole night laying down with nobody allowed in the bathroom across from my bedroom so I can run and puke when I need to. If I was running to use the washroom on top of it I would swear it's the stomach flu. So brutal!

Ugh that sucks northern you'd think it should be passing by now?!

I guess I'll eat my words, just went out and got chicken to make tikka masala. No consistency ladies! :haha:

This has been the worst day so far for nausea and vomiting. I do home visits for work and I pushed through and even managed to go to aquazumba but it was basically a form of torture. I was puking in my car in between home visits. I've spent the whole night laying down with nobody allowed in the bathroom across from my bedroom so I can run and puke when I need to. If I was running to use the washroom on top of it I would swear it's the stomach flu. So brutal!

hopefully by week 14 you'll be all said & done with the vomiting!!! xo

Kala Haha I know it's a typo but I still laughed. Yes I'm 5. :rofl:
Thank you for saying it, I laughed for five solid minutes!:rofl:

I have gained between 4 & 6 lbs. since my BFP. I'm not stressing about it too much, but I just don't want to be the hot mess I was with dd... And it does scare me a little that I'll put back on weight I've fought so hard to get off, especially being 30 this time around. As long as I don't put on more than is healthy, everything will be okay! :thumbup:

Northern, I'm so sorry your ms was so awful today! I hope that was its last hurrah and you'll be free of it now!

The last couple of days have been crazy. We've been looking at houses, trying to figure out if we can move. I have also been debating about trying to keep my job. Then at the end of the day today my boss pulled me into his office and told me that they need someone in my position working 5 days a week (I currently work 3). And truthfully I agree with him, but I can't do it, especially not long term. So I may be being replaced a good deal sooner than I expected. I'm really not sure how I feel about this, or what to say to him on Monday! DH still wants me to wait to tell them about my "condition" (haha) until after my 12-week appt., but I don't want to be dishonest for 2.5 weeks and then change my tune. This company has been good to me & I want to do the best I can for them. But we really need my income to prepare for this baby. I'm very stressed about this! :shrug:

Would you guys tell or wait in this situation?

Haha kalabear, please no photos! !

Scottish, how exciting!

Afm I STILL haven't booked my 12 wk scan, nor had my blood test. Both my babies have been sick with colds this week and life has been put on hold.
Seeing other people's ultrasound photos is making me feel more motivated to get on it though.

Hmm Tara that's a tough one, so if you don't take the 5 days a week you will be replaced completely or will you be able to keep your three days at all?
Is there a possibility to hire someone part time with you?
If it depends on you keeping your job and you like it, I would probably have a frank talk with my boss, tell him you don't want to leave and see if they could hire someone to work with you until you go on leave?

Thanks, Maggz. I do like the job, a lot. But realistically, they need one full-time person for continuity. And, honestly, my degree is in writing. When I go back to work after this baby it shouldn't be as an admin; it's not fulfilling, just comfortable & safe. I guess really I'm just scared of saying that to my boss and what it will mean for the next 7 months! I'm unsure of whether to tell them I'm pregnant on Monday like I want to, or wait like DH wants. I don't know whether they have the ability to humor my financial need to work at least through the end of the year. And I have no idea where I'll go from here.

Aah sorry! I have no one else to talk to atm so thank you!!

Tara I personally would tell them. Why are you not able to work 5 days a week until you go off work?

Scottish! Gutted with the result! I stopped watching as soon as alloa gave the no result! X

Beanonorder, I'm able to aside from appointments, etc., and I'll work as much as I can for now. But it isn't worth the trade-offs for me long-term. :shrug: I recognize how spoiled I am to be able to make that choice.

I do think I'll tell my boss Monday considering the circumstances... hope I can get DH on board with that.

Did I tell you ladies that, after multiple reminders to keep it to herself, my mother outed me to one of the moms at dd's school? I'm livid with her! (Then she told me the gender of my cousin's baby despite my cousin wanting it kept a secret.) I have a feeling she has told other people, too. I swear, if my daughter hears about this from anyone but me, I'm going to snap! :dohh:

Sorry I keep posting. Can't sleep. :sleep:

Yeah gotcha Tara, but I think I'd tell him as well. Especially since you're gonna be telling him in only 2 weeks anyways, and this is all going on now. Good luck with it all!
What?? How is it that people don't understand it's NOT theirs to share?! I would be furious too. Maybe you better tell your daughter before she finds out from her friends at school :/

Hey Scot-ladies I was surprised at the results! What did you vote?

Totally gutted Kirsty I been up since 5am, I had high hopes but unfortunately not to be for us. Very sad day here

Maggz I voted yes x

I was just coming on to ask the Scottish ladies how they felt. I work with a bunch of British and they've been following the results all day. All the ones here wanted it to be no so I was keen to find someone who said yes. Sorry it didn't go your way!

Seeing as my other posts don't seem to be coming up the name of the site for cloth nappies is alvababy. Take a look, they've got some gorgeous stuff.

Tara I completely understand. I was mostly just curious of there was something actually preventing you working more. Just me being nosy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->