**April Bunnies 2015**

I probably won't be able to buy any specific boy/girl clothes on my vacation but can any of you US ladies recommend maternity shops where I can buy cute clothes for me? The dollar exchange rate is quite good so I want to take advantage of that ;) we are going to Florida if that makes a difference. Both cheap, expensive and in between is of interest!

Tove I have no idea, hopefully others will be helpful!

Maggz, I feel the same way about my mom. This is my news to share, not yours! Of all the things in life to share with your family & loved ones, this is the most special. Maybe you can just ask her kindly to not tell anyone else you know until you have a chance. I so feel for you! :(

I probably won't be able to buy any specific boy/girl clothes on my vacation but can any of you US ladies recommend maternity shops where I can buy cute clothes for me? The dollar exchange rate is quite good so I want to take advantage of that ;) we are going to Florida if that makes a difference. Both cheap, expensive and in between is of interest!

Ooo, where in Florida? I just love there, went twice last year but once for a sad occasion, DH's great grandfathers funeral:cry: However we enjoyed the weather!

Try Old Navy, they have cheap cute maternity stuff, and there is of course Motherhood Maternity, but also try Target, I know those are HUGE in Florida as are Old Navy so shouldn't be hard to find. The Target near me didn't have anything cute or really anything plus sized which I would need but that one is small and lots of people have said they have good stuff. I hope you have lots of fun!

Rebecca, I hope your doppler shows tomorrow! I want to use it this morning but I'm trying to stay away from it, because my appt is tomorrow and I want to feel extra special when I hear it there lol. I'm so odd!!

Amelie, my doc said 11-13 weeks and I found on the American Pregnancy Associations website it is between 11 and 13 weeks but also on Johns Hopkins medical website it said 11+4 to 13+6, so I guess I will just wait and see. I did read if the baby is less than 45mm long they will have you come back, so I guess that'd just give me an extra chance to see baby lol. Everyone is different it seems.

I am still trying to figure out when to tell my brother and his family, was hoping next saturday but his wife and kids will be gone at an amusement park...and there isn't another good time if DH comes with me since our schedules are so screwy..may have to tell them over the phone and I really don't want to since my niece has been along with me on this journey and my brother will be SO shocked.

My doppler came today :happydance:! I used it immediately. I didn't know how tricky it could be to find the heartbeat. Baby was much lower down than I had thought. I couldn't find anything until I went just above the pubic bone. Then, I got a strong sound. The HB kept ranging from like 125-170. It seemed to stay mostly at 160, though. My son was interested at first, but then he stopped caring after a few seconds of hearing the HB.
I also thought it was weird that the doppler gave a number before I could hear anything. I stopped to read the instructions and it said not to go by a number if there is no sound with it. That makes me wonder where that number comes from.

Thanks for the tips Dini!! :) We're going to a place in Palm Beach county, hoping to get some sun and time on the beach! Looks a little rainy now, that's why I'm also planning to go shopping ;)

Yay Rebecca!! Congrats on finding the heartbeat! Must be so nice to be able to pick up the doppler and listen to the baby at any time! After my ultrasound today I though "I wish I had a ultrasound machine at home so I could look at the baby every day" ;)

Tove- I personally think Motherhood maternity has the cutest things. But often it's more expensive than other places. But if the dollar exchange rate is good, you might like it there.

Rebecca I'm so glad your Doppler came in already!! And as far as the number, I don't pay any attention to it unless the sound is good and strong, and I almost always count it myself if I can hold on to it long enough, but I'm over two weeks behind you so yours is probably stronger! We use Dopplers to find pulses at work on people who you can't feel them and they numbers they give vary so much we never pay attention to them, but fetal ones are better at detecting the number because that's what they are designed for. Anyway, congrats on getting that heartbeat!!!

Can you facetime them!?

I thought about that, but they only live a bit over an hour away and it seems like I should really be able to drive over there, but if we can't find the time we will have to, or I have to go without DH.

I thought about going with them to the amusement park because it's Halloween themed this time of year and would be so fun but my brother and nephew aren't going and DH would NEVER go so no point in that. We will figure it out...facetime may have to be it!

Hey Tove I love motherhood maternity. They have such cute clothes. Macys also usually has some cute stuff but generally it's the motherhood maternity brand. Have fun on your trip!

Had my dr appt today. The dr couldn't find the heartbeat with his Doppler (cue panic) and grabbed his handheld ultrasound and baby looked great. We could see the heartbeat and baby moving around. So happy and relieved!

My doppler occasionally flashes up with a number in the 160's when baby is in perfect position, but I mainly go by the sound.

I am only 9+3 though :flower:

Have any of you decided on your big purchases if you need to make them yet? I pretty much have my stuff picked out but I'm waiting to buy until probably November/December.

We're settled on Grovia diapers and I'm going with a Britax travel system. We are getting a Moses basket but I think we're skipping the play yard for now. Everything else I'm waiting to get. We won't get a crib until he/she outgrows the Moses Basket.

I'll have to check out Motherhood Maternity. I was going to second Old Navy. I got some dark wash skinny jeans with a low panel, and I love them. They are very comfy. Old Navy's not the highest quality, so I usually don't get regular jeans there, but I figure they only need to last 6 months or so (until next pregnancy that is!) Also Gap has good basics and good maternity workout clothes. They also have these sports bras (in the reg section not maternity) that are light support that I just live in. They are the comfiest. They don't do anything for your figure like an underwire bra would, but they also don't squish down your boobs like a regular sports bra. And right now I'm not going for cleavage as much as comfort! :D Although I know you're not interested because it's online, I thought I'd mention for the other ladies that Zulily has a pretty good maternity section. I found some tops and dresses there. They haven't come in yet, so can't report on the quality, but good prices and cute stuff!

Glad you found your sweet heartbeat Rebecca!

I think I am going to get a carry cot to go on my existing double buggy (baby jogger mini city) - my youngest will be 26 months and she does walk well but I think I'll need the double.

We need to buy a new infant car seat. We'll borrow a moses and get a new matress for it.

We will try and borrow a lot as this will be the last baby for sure.

Sarah- I constantly see advertisements from Zulilly for maternity clothes. I am reluctant to buy anything online solely because I can't try it on. But I am interested to see how you like what you got! It looks like they have cute clothes, and I know a lot of my friends buy clothes from there.

Northern- My husband has actually already purchased a Chicco travel system for the 2nd baby. He bought it when I was like 5 weeks! lol He wanted to get it while it was on sale. We used Chicco with my son as well. But we gave his car seat away to his cousin because they were expecting and we thought we weren't going to be having another one for another year. I'm still holding off on other big purchases. I just want to know the gender before I buy anything else.

I know I am wanting to have a girl this time. But I seem to be convinced in my mind I'm having a girl as I am constantly calling the baby "her" and "she" now. I need to stop that because there is still a good chance I'm having another boy. And I think if I get too convinced I'm having a girl, I might end up slightly disappointed if I'm wrong.

I think I would like to go with chicco again as well for our stroller & car seat, although I'm disappointed because they no longer make the compact stroller we had. We gave ours away to an acquaintance so there's no getting it back. :( We gave away so much stuff because for years we didn't think we would have another!

As for everything else, I don't know. I have to research everything again like I did with DD, which I'm actually looking forward to! :p But I won't really get into it until after my appointment on the 8th.

I'm so nervous about my 12-week appointment! I know it's silly because I've had absolutely no indication that anything will go wrong. But now that my work knows and I've basically given up my job due to the timing of this, there's so much more at stake. :-/ I will just feel so much better once I see her/him again!

Big baby purchases...I remember last time worrying about getting everything and for the first 6 months of my sons life he would have been fine with diapers, a carrier and some clothes. I had a bassinet, crib, swing, play mat and vibrating chair for instance. I used NONE of it. This time I think I am going to get some newborn cloth diapers(one size took a while to fit my son), and some clothes (more if baby is a girl), a car seat and an amber necklace and that is pretty much it. I suppose some of the reason for that is having kids so close together in age I still have everything from first LO, but a lot of it was I ended up not using basically anything. I bought a whole awesome crib set so so sweet (and expensive) and he literally never slept a night in his crib :haha::blush:

Oh and we waited until 20 weeks when we knew Lo#1 was a boy to buy anything. I will probably wait until 20 weeks with this babe too, so we know their sex and make sure everything is definitely ok.

ps. Wondering if I can get added to the list on the front page? I am due April 5th.

Kalabear I'm so glad all was well with baby!!

Went to my regular doctor, he agreed it's probably viral and we will give it a few days and see. The pain in my ear and face is getting worse so I'm convinced my shingles is flaring up but hoping my body will knock it down.

As far as getting stuff, we are waiting for sure until the anatomy scan unless we find something super cheap but we aren't shopping or even looking yet. I'd like to try cloth diapers, but need to figure out which ones to go with, I'll see if I can find any gently used.

When we use disposables I think I'll use the honest company since they ship to your house.

If my old bassinet is in good enough shape I'll clean it up and use it. I do know I absolutely need a good rocking chair!!

I still have everything from my ds so don't need to buy anything apart from a double pram and I don't know what one to get :/ thinking oyster max tandem but need to see it. I have Quinny buzz just now but it doesn't covert to double :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->