**April Bunnies 2015**

I'm kind of glad my kids will be far enough apart in age that I don't need to get a double stroller!

If baby arrives on their due date, my kids will be exactly 21 months apart. I baby wear exclusively, so I will be tandem baby wearing- Should help me loose the baby weight!!!:haha::winkwink: . Really I hope my son will mostly be walking by spring, and I can just pop him on my back if he gets tired, or when DH is out with us, he can wear one and I will wear the other.

Northern, I feel the same way! It's nice not to need to worry about the needs of two so little! (But scarier I think to go back to drooling and diapers when you've been so far out of it!)

I too will probably wait until after we know the gender to buy much, if anything. It's just more fun for me shopping that way. :)

Tove, lovely scan picture. I'm not going to even hazard a guess cos I'm useless at it!

Tara I am feeling the same about my next appointment. There's no reason for me to think something is wrong but I can't let it go! I keep wishing I either had a doppler or felt some movement! I did this last pregnancy too. I convinced myself they wouldn't find a heartbeat.

We need to get a new bassinet, swing/bouncer chair and play mat. If we have a boy we'll need a few more clothes. But obviously that will wait til after the birth. We need a new stroller. I have already chosen what I want but every time I try order it, I'm told it's out of stock. So I may just have to settle for something else.

Oh and celebrations - I'm 12 weeks today!!

Maggz, I feel the same way about my mom. This is my news to share, not yours! Of all the things in life to share with your family & loved ones, this is the most special. Maybe you can just ask her kindly to not tell anyone else you know until you have a chance. I so feel for you! :(

Thanks but it was actually my dad's girlfriend! She also told my aunt that I would be going home to Iceland to have the baby - which I never mentioned I don't know how she figured that out! It's the middle of the semester so I'm not gonna be going anywhere.
I messaged her on fb (quickest way) and she's seen it but hasn't responded. Rude.

Maggz, sorry, my wording didn't make sense! I meant my mom did the same thing your dad's gf did. :p I'm sorry she hasn't responded to you, how frustrating!

It seems there is always one rude family member who just has to make things difficult. I don't get it at all!

Dini- I hope you start feeling better soon! That can't be easy :hugs:

My thoughts about getting my doppler (before I got it) were correct. I thought I would enjoy listening to the HB, but would still worry just as much. It's true! It's also a lot harder to find it than I thought. I figured it would be a piece of cake by 12 weeks. I found it very strong this afternoon, recorded it, and sent it to my mom and MIL to hear. But since then, I can only hear it for a very fleeting time. And I'm not satisfied unless I really hear it for a good amount of time like I did before.

Rebecca that is my major reason for not getting one. I survived my last pregnancy without one and it seems a bit of a waste to spend money on one now when this is my last pregnancy.
I know it's not much consolation but you've at least heard a good strong heartbeat!

I didn't shop for dd till I were at 32-33 weeks I think and even then it felt early. But I was worried because people were saying they expect id go into labor early because I was born at 35 weeks.

I am so not getting a double stroller!! they are huge! and I'd want one where I have the option on having one or both babies facing me but those ones are even bigger. I'd just get a second small stroller. I have 1 big and one small one. they wouldn't both fit in my car. I'd use the big one strictly at home or at my grandparents house when the new baby comes to keep him/her away from kids that run around lol.

Haha oh Tara I gotcha now.

Rebecca, I decided I would only listen every 3-4 days, so I wouldn't be obsessive about it. I've managed to find it and listen for a few minutes every time so I'm happy about that, and I'm kind of over my worry stage right now (this minute at least) so it's really more of a fun thing to do. I hope you can view it like that soon :)

As for shopping I want to get a pack n play for upstairs, a bassinet/moses basket for downstairs, and some clothes and diapers of course. I really don't want a vibrating swing or stuff like that, maybe just a playmat or something. And a changing table :) I doubt we'll start shopping until after Christmas time, or maybe during Black Friday if we find some good sales. We'll probably be using the Navy Exchange store the most, since it's tax free.

I'm with Maggz too. We are worried, but not to the point of obsession. Last time we listened to the hb was like 3-4 days ago, and it was much lower than where I usually find it. My wife is 12 weeks, and it's in a different spot every time now. Just swimming around in there :rofl: I wouldn't stress if you don't find it right away, it took me a few minutes the last time and I was scared but it's fine! Easier said then done of course.

We haven't bought much yet. We're waiting on the big stuff probably until halfway. I know her family is going to want to get us a bunch, so until we know the sex we're waiting :haha: Of course, I was a single mom for so long and was anti-love for even longer...I got rid of all the baby stuff from my son :dohh: regretting that decision now :rofl:

I think the need for a double depends a lot on your need to walk/drive places.

I was fine with DD1 and DD2 without a double for a the first few months as DD2 was in the carseat and life was quite chaotic so we drove to baby groups etc a lot.

As the weather got better and DD2 got bigger and didn't sleep all the time I started walking most places and DD1 at 28 months at that point just couldn't walk a mile to town and then back.

With new baby my DD1 will start school in the September and I'd like to walk if I can - I think with 3 under 4.5 I need to strap at least 2 of them down!

I do have an ergo carrier that I love and plan on getting a sling for when baby is teeny.

Blah worst night sleep ever. Went to bed at 8 last night coz I was so tired but didn't fall asleep till 3. Then was up for a pee twice after that and now up with the kids since 6. Argh can't wait for them to go to nursery so I can go back to bed!!!

I've seen the cot I'll probably get in Ikea and I need a new bouncy chair and playmat because I didn't like Ashleys so I threw them away. I'll get some new clothes and a new mattress for my Moses basket. I'm not getting a double pushchair, I'll get a buggy board for my baby jogger city mini and I already have a stretchy wrap and a mei tai. I may treat myself to a woven wrap this time as my friend has said she'll show me how to tie it.

Yea I am like you Amelie I walk a lot so a double buggy is more convenient. I plan to try and baby wear but it didn't go to plan last time :hehe: so that why I am thinking of a tandem as It's same size as a single with an extra seat on bottom and can convert easily from single to double.

Ugh Kirsty hope u getting some sleep now they at nursery xxx

Kristy I'm feeling you on the tired thing! My DD didn't go to bed until 1am this morning. My mom had major surgery yesterday and is in the hospital. I thought that was playing on her mind. Not so. At 3:30 she started throwing up and hasn't stopped yet. She clearly has some sort of stomach bug. I'm freaking exhausted. She's home from school and I'm home from work with her, but I still don't see a nap in our future.

11 weeks/13 weeks comparison!

Still a lot of bloat and previous weight but I'm definitely feeling that I'm rounding out.

Attachments

• 11weeks13weekscomparison.png
    11weeks13weekscomparison.png
    242.8 KB · Views: 13
Aw Northern not good hun. Hope your daughter feels better soon and hopefully you don't catch what she has. X

Kirsty- I hope you get your sleep! I was in the same boat as you two nights ago. It's rough.

Northern- I hope your mom is doing okay. That is also a nice bump! It does look like it is rounding out.

Maggz- Yeah, I was mostly trying to express that the doppler is nice, but it doesn't get rid of stresses. It isn't so simple to figure out either. There are all kinds of sounds. But I did find the HB last night. I recorded it for a good 2 minutes. It also confirmed my theory that baby is more active at night because the reading was much higher than during the day. I was really wanting to use the doppler to test that out and see. Then, I decided I wasn't going to check so often. I figured I might do it every couple of days like you said you are, or even just once a week.

Eidson, your "anti-love" status made me giggle. I totally understand what you mean, but I'm glad you got over that! Sounds pretty depressing. Haha!

Nice bump, Northern. Yeah, doesn't look drastically different, but it seems like the bottom part has grown a bit. :) While I'm not looking forward to the physical discomfort of being big, it will be so nice when I can look in the mirror and it reflects how I feel. Very pregnant!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->