**April Bunnies 2015**

Me and DH were talking about names and especially middle names last night.

DD1 has the middle name 'Grace' - which is my sister's name but really it is just because it goes so nicely with DD1's first name.

DD2's middle name is Eva after DH's Grandmother.

My middle name is a family name. I sort of like the idea of the middle name having some significance.

Perplexed- I know what you mean! I feel like the 4th-5th day is it for the week and I am about to start the next week!
I also had a feeling and a thought last night being 11-13 weeks in pregnancy feels like being a tween. I don't really feel like I'm in the first trimester anymore, but I'm not yet officially recognized as being in the 2nd trimester. So it's the awkward "middle" stage.

Dini- Sorry you're symptoms are rough again! I hope you do get some relief.

ssjad- I'm sorry you are having a tough time. I know it's not fun when you just don't feel pregnant. Even though you can't get the NT scan, is there a way you can make an appointment where you can at least hear the baby? That might give you some relief.

I hope everyone is having a great day today! For me, it feels like the weekend has just flown by. We didn't really do all that much either. It could be that tomorrow is a big day for us, and after it feeling so far away, it just feels so close right now.

Sorry I haven't been around very much this weekend. I think I'm going to call my doctor in the morning. I've been having multiple insane panic attacks for no reason. I don't know if there is anything he can give me but I certainly can't function like this.

Aw Northern hope your doc can do something to help you :-( I get this this after I have baby it's not nice at all. Big hugs xxxxxxx

Aww Northern hopefully he can help even with advice. Sounds scary and not what you need when pregnant :hugs:

I usually sleep on my tummy and I love it hehe but last night I couldn't as I felt like I was squishing baby! I could feel the pressure on it and had to move to my side (sigh) so upset about this as I was hoping for a few more weeks of tummy sleeping :(

Anyone else unable to sleep on tummy? My belly popped past couple of days and hb on Doppler higher up so I think uterus grown a lot passed few days !!

Come on Tuesday hurry up I want my scan :)

I'm the same Scottish I always sleep on my belly but can't now. Had to buy a body pillow to stop me doing it x

Haven't been able to sleep on my tummy for weeks. I think part of it is just knowing there's a baby in there though.

Maggz, I think the way I personally would play it (not to sound manipulative or anything...) since you aren't completely opposed to the name, make it clear that you are compromising on this one for his sake. Tell him (if you can without offending him) the reasons you aren't crazy about the idea, but tell him you will accept it because you know how important it is to him. BUT you want to pick the first name...as long as he doesn't hate it of course. Haha! Is that awful?

Northern, so sorry sweetie. That sounds awful and definitely not what you want to be dealing with right now. You poor thing, finally over the worst of your horrible MS and now dealing with this! I hope you get some answers and relief soon.

Ssjad, sorry you're having a rough time also. I don't really have any advice, but just wanted to say I hope all is well with your baby and your fears are assuaged very soon.

Rebecca that's a funny observation about these weeks. Very true. I feel like I definitely can't say I'm in the second trimester, but I feel like the first trimester is finally behind me! :)

AFM, doing good. Had a lovely weekend with my husband. We went to a place we love to hike and then ate some delicious barbecue. I had him take my first "baby bump" pic while we were there. It doesn't look like much of a bump. But I've got to tell you guys, after trying for this baby for a long 20 months, it was SOOO fun to finally be able to do the "pregnant lady pose" with my hand on my belly. :D Life is good, and feeling so blessed!

Attachments

• 10658957_10102568419164297_4829586556420920717_o.jpg
    10658957_10102568419164297_4829586556420920717_o.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 19
I'm trying to catch up a bit, so on the subject of family names, DS's middle name is Peter, which is by no means my favourite name (although I don't hate it either), but it's both my father & FIL's name, so seemed like an obvious choice, especially as DH holds his dad in high regard. I probably wouldn't have named him after my dad, but I don't mind that they share a name.
For this LO, the middle name will most likely be Christopher (DH's name) or Lilian (my dad's Mum's name, although I never met her). My most notable grandparent was my Mum's mum. She was the only grandparent alive when I was born & a very important person to me. But her name's Ethel, and I just can't seem to make it work :(

Northern that's awful, I had a lot of anxiety with my first pregnancy, ended up signed off work for a few weeks. Try & take it easy if you can. Have you tried meditation? I found it helpful xx

northern hope you can get some relief.

haha sarah no that's not awful. I'm kinda leaning towards just not naming anyone after anybody I feel like that would be easier!

Fab pic sarahok!

I'm sorry, I'm a rubbish contributor to this group. Every time I log on there's pages to scroll through and I don't have the time or energy to do that often. DD is 21mo and is going through some sort of sleep issue, so I'm especially tired :( Sorry, I'll try harder.

Thanks GreyGirl. You're sweet to say so. Now I want you to immediately stop feeling like you need to do any more than you do!! You are growing a baby and caring for a toddler, among many other responsibilities I'm sure. We are all here for support, conversation and camaraderie when we need it and have time and energy. Never feel bad for not writing or responding more! Just jump on in whenever you want :)

Hi I hope everyone is doing OK this weekend. I've been reading all the posts but haven't posted.
I'm finally in my 2nd trimester and told my colleagues at work this week. The reaction was actually quite amazing. I got a lot of hugs and a couple of emotional (women) colleagues who were genuinely happy for me. It was really nice. And yesterday we told my family. The main reaction was: "We already suspected or we already knew"! It's good and scary at the same time sharing the news. It's like now it's for real and nothing can go wrong.
I have to fly tomorrow. I asked my doctor last week if I could and he said it was fine seeing it's a pretty short flight and in Europe. But I can't help but be nervous. A colleague at work told me this week that her doctor forbade her to fly because she'd had 2 o 3 MC's before. From what I've read, it's safe to fly in this stage of pregnancy. I'm still a little nervous but I'm sure everything will be fine. I will tell the flight attendants though because I can't pick up my bag to put in the luggage compartment.
I also want to emphasis again to not pick up or lift anything heavy ladies. I know everyone knows this but I heard of 2 stories close to home (my grandmother and MIL) who both had MC's after lifting shopping bags.
On a brighter note, my nausea is almost completely gone! O:)

Suzy: Unless you're prone to miscarriages, lifting heavy objects can't cause a miscarriage. I'm sorry that happened to them, but lifting heavy objects isn't advised against because of miscarriage, but because of a higher risk of injury due to your joints and ligaments getting thinner while preparing for a baby. Them lifting shopping bags may have just been a horrible coincidence :( Miscarriage is, for the most part, caused by chromosomal problems with the baby, or other factors such as hormonal balances and such. I'm not saying this to offend either! I just don't think women on here need to be any more afraid than they already are. Pregnant women are not as fragile as most people think.

I also work the flightline for the military! You shouldn't be worried to fly. Unless advised against by a doctor (for complications known) it's completely safe to fly even long trips up until 34 weeks pregnant! I hope you have a nice trip!

Greygirl: as Sarah said, don't apologize for not being around! No one expects anyone to be on here constantly. Just update and pop on when you can, we all forgive you ;)

As for us! We have another u/s tomorrow! I'm pretty excited, since we were watching u/s on youtube to see what to expect, and some technicians can tell the sex this early! With up to 92% accuracy apparently! I hope he have a good tech tomorrow, I'd love to at least have an idea what it's leaning more towards. My wife is doing well, starting to show which i absolutely love. She feels fat and gross and tired and overhwhelmed and all that good stuff, but she's hanging in there lol. I'm so excited to see our baby again tomorrow :cloud9:

Northern that's awful, I had a lot of anxiety with my first pregnancy, ended up signed off work for a few weeks. Try & take it easy if you can. Have you tried meditation? I found it helpful xx

That's what I'm hoping for tomorrow. It is totally out of control and it's starting to scare me .

Thanks for the clarification Eidson - and I agree, a lot of people think pregnant women are so so so fragile. I'm just gonna keep doing what I feel up to without any extremities. My boss asked me not to lift silverware bins at work - which I agreed to initially but she's the only one that knows I'm pregnant and there's no way I can get through the day/night at work without lifting them!
But Suzy definitely don't do anything you're uncomfortable with, stay on the safe side if you're stressed out. :)

Eidson hope you have a wonderful scan and get the best tech :D Tell your wife she's not fat - yet :rofl: hahaha just kidding, but I totally get her. I've actually lost a few pounds but I feel much fatter. It's all so crazy.

I'm so tired of not knowing what to eat. I don't really want anything... For the longest I was totally off the grocery store rotisserie chicken which is such an easy meal! Well I just got some, made rice and put it in a fajita and I just about threw up eating my second one - it's so annoying! I guess I'll go get some popcorn and m&m's lol

northern good luck with your doctor, I can only imagine how scary those panic attacks are :hugs:

sarah totally missed that picture! You look so healthy and happy :D I think our bumps are similar :)

Maggz, for sure! Every woman should listen to her own body! And thank you! I'm crazy excited for tomorrow. I still have 3 hours at work ughhhh.

Oh and baby is a size of a lime! I went to the grocery store and just held a lime for a minute I'm like damn if it's this big why isn't it showing yet!!! Haha. Seems like just a couple of days ago that it was a raspberry :happydance:

Suzy: I've heard that it's safe to fly unless there are other issues at hand. I personally was told not to fly in my previous pregnancy because I was bleeding every now and then and didn't want to risk having a bleed at a foreign country. My mom, aunt and mil travelled at various points in their pregnancy (7 hrs+) and everything was fine. My mom even didn't ask her doctor, she said she didn't know that people should! This was in '88 though, lol!

Maggz: I hear ya there...I never know what to eat but in my case I end up eating junk.

I had a dream I had a boy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->